How to Use the CapCut Age Filter
CapCut is an app that lets you play around and create some of the most fascinating videos for TikTok. One of the trends associated with CapCut is the age filter. You can create old-age or young-age face filters to simulate the effects of aging. The technology is magical, and you get results in a short time frame.
Locating and using the feature is a bit of a challenge, but it’s relatively simple to grasp with the right guidance.
Read on to learn more about this feature and the best way to make the most of it.
Using CapCut Age Filter
To use the CapCut age filter, you need three apps that have made this trend possible: CapCut, TikTok, and FaceApp. While it’s possible to use other face editing apps, FaceApp seems to be the preferred choice by many.
CapCut templates are impressive because they make it possible to create content in a short time. It’s a good option even for beginners. You don’t need video editing skills since it’s mainly about importing clips to a template that’s already created. Follow the steps below to get involved in the TikTok age filter trend on CapCut.
Step 1: Download CapCut and Install
There are different ways to download CapCut. It can be downloaded on either PC or mobile, on the app stores related to your model of phone (iOS or Android).
- Navigate to the App Store or Google Play, depending on your device.
- In the search bar, type “CapCut.”
- Click “Install.”
- Once you have opened the app, follow all on-screen prompts to set up an account or sign in if you already have one.
This sets up CapCut on your mobile device successfully.
Step 2: Download FaceApp and Install
The CapCut app doesn’t have an age filter built in. For this reason, you need to go through another app. In this case, you need FaceApp.
Once installed on your device, enroll for the three days free trial to get started.
Step 3: Add the Old or Young Age Filter
For this step, you need to use FaceApp, the app you just installed. FaceApp makes changes to your photo and ages it as desired by following these steps:
- Navigate to FaceApp and tap to open.
- Select the “Gallery” menu and select the image you want to work on.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and pick the age filter you want. If you want an aged look, select the “Cool Old” or the “Old” filters.
- Click “Apply” to choose the effect.
- Tap “Save” to give the photo the age effect you just picked and store the photo.
You can navigate through FaceApp to find more options. You can change gender, hair color, makeup, and more.
Step 4: Get the Age Filter Template
For this step, you’ll have to use TikTok. The CapCut template linked to Lucas Pinheiro is used heavily to create old-age trending videos.
- Open the TikTok app if already installed on your device. If not, find and install it from the App Store or Google Play.
- On the search bar in TikTok, type in “Old age CapCut.”
- Choose a video using this trend.
- Above the username, select “Try this Template.” This opens CapCut and opens the original template by Lucas Pinheiro.
- Select “Use Template.”
- At the top of the next screen, tap “Photos.”
- Select the edited photo previously created using FaceApp. It has to be the first photo you pick. Find the original photo you used as well and select it.
- Tap “Preview.” This will show the transition from young to old or old to young, depending on which face edit you used.
- Select “Export” and “Save and Share to TikTok.”
Step 5: Upload the Video on TikTok
Automatically exporting the video directs you to TikTok. You can edit the video further to add sound, text, stickers, or any other desired effects. The video is now ready to share.
Most TikTok users prefer to incorporate music into trending old-age videos. The most popular track is Jay-Z’s “Young Forever.” The track has excellent traction because of its sentimentality and nostalgic feel. Though, there are many other music options to choose from.
Get Into the CapCut “Cool Old” Trend for Better Engagement
For avid TikTok users, following the latest trends is normal. Engagement on social media platforms is important; falling in line to try out the latest trends gives your account traction and relevance. The CapCut “Cool Old” template has been making rounds for a while. With the CapCut video editing app, TikTok, and FaceApp, it’s relatively simple to join the ranks by creating cool face-altering videos—further editing results in unique outcomes.
Have you tried using the CapCut age filter? Let us know in the comments section below.