How to Change a Profile Picture on Instagram
Your profile pic is one of the first details other users notice when they visit your Instagram profile. Many will form a first impression according to the image, which is why having a stunning picture is essential. If you don’t think that the current one is up to scratch, it’s time to change it.
But how exactly can you do that?
In this entry, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on changing your Instagram profile picture.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on an iPhone or Android?
Changing your profile pic on Instagram is quite straightforward:
- Access your profile by pressing the icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Choose Edit Profile right next to your username.
- Press Change Photo or Change Profile Photo. You’ll now be asked whether you wish to take a new pic or import it from Facebook. Choose the first option.
- Take your new profile picture or select one from your camera roll.
- When you’re ready, click Done on iPhone and the Next icon on Android.
- The image will now show up as your profile pic.
That’s all there is to it, your profile picture has now been changed on Instagram.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Windows 10?
Changing your Instagram profile picture can also be done on Windows 10:
- Go to Instagram’s website and log in with your credentials.
- Press your current profile picture in the top-right part of the display and choose Profile.
- Click your profile image and select Upload Photo.
- Find the image you wish to use as your profile picture and press Open.
- Your picture will now be uploaded to your profile.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Mac?
You can take the same steps when changing your profile picture on your Mac:
- Start your browser and navigate to Instagram’s login page. Enter your credentials and proceed to the home page.
- Hit the profile icon in the upper-right part of your screen and select the Profile option.
- Click your profile image, and you’ll see a pop-up window. Choose Upload Photo.
- Browse your computer for the perfect picture and hit Open once you’ve located and selected it.
- The image will now be uploaded as your profile picture.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Chrome?
Since Google Chrome is the most popular internet browser, it’s only fitting that we cover how to change your Instagram profile picture using the nifty program:
- Open Google Chrome and go to Instagram’s homepage and login.
- Press the mini profile picture in the top-right corner of your display and choose Profile.
- Click your current profile picture and select the Upload Photo option.
- Browse your PC for the desired image, select it, and press Open.
- Your account will now be updated with your new profile picture.
How to Change Your Profile Picture on Instagram Without Cropping?
Unfortunately, you can’t change your profile picture on Instagram without cropping. As of today, the app doesn’t have a feature that lets you upload full-sized images.
How to Change the Size of Your Instagram Profile Picture?
Changing the size of your Instagram profile picture is also impossible. The closest thing you can do is resize your image while uploading your profile photo.
What to Do if You Get an Error While Changing Your Instagram Profile Picture?
Many users have reported encountering an error while changing their profile pic on Instagram. If that happens to you, here’s what you can try:
• Log out or quit Instagram on your device and head back to the app to try and re-upload the image.
• Go to the App Store or Play Store to make sure that you’re using the latest version, and the app doesn’t require any updates.
• Log in on your desktop computer and try to edit your picture from there.
Why Did I Get a Notification About My Instagram Profile Picture?
Instagram doesn’t send you notifications about your profile picture. Therefore, the chances are that you mistook it for another one. The app notifies its users about six categories:
• Comments, posts, and stories
• Followers and following
• IGTV and live
• From Instagram
Does Instagram Tell People When You Change Your Profile Photo?
No, Instagram doesn’t tell other people when you change your profile photo. Of course, users will be able to check out your new picture, but they won’t be alerted of the change directly.
It’s Time for an Appealing Profile Pic
Your Instagram profile picture plays a key role in attracting other users to your account. Changing it from time to time is a great way to freshen things up, and now you know how to do it. Whether you’re using the app on your phone or computer, make sure that your current image isn’t holding you back from getting in touch with new people.
How many times have you changed your Instagram profile picture? Do you prefer taking a new image or importing one from Facebook? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.