How to Change Profile Picture on Instagram?
Your profile pic is one of the first details other users notice when they visit your Instagram profile. Many will form a first impression according to the image, which is why having a stunning picture is essential. If you don’t think that the current one is up to scratch, it’s time to change it. But how exactly can you do that?
In this entry, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on changing your Instagram profile picture.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture?
Changing your profile pic on Instagram is quite straightforward:
- Access your profile by pressing the icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Choose “Edit Profile” right next to your username.
- Press “Change Photo” or “Change Profile Photo.” You’ll now be asked whether you wish to take a new pic or import it from Facebook. Choose the first option.
- Take your new profile picture or select one from your camera roll.
- Submit it, and the image will now show up as your profile pic.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on iPhone?
You shouldn’t have a hard time changing your profile picture on an iPhone:
- Launch Instagram and press the profile symbol.
- Hit the “Edit Profile” button beside your profile image.
- Choose the “Change Profile Photo” option in the upper part of your screen.
- Take a new picture or select one you already have on your device and tap the image.
- Press “Done” when you’re happy with your changes. The photo will be uploaded immediately.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Android?
Android users can easily change their Instagram profile picture, too:
- Open the app and access your profile by pressing the profile icon.
- Hit “Edit Profile,” followed by “Change Photo.”
- Choose the location where you’ll import your image from or take a new image.
- Size or move your image using the cropping feature.
- When you’re all finished, press the “Next” button represented by the arrow in the upper-right corner.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Windows 10?
Changing your Instagram profile picture can also be done on Windows 10:
- Go to Instagram’s website and log in with your credentials.
- Press your current profile picture in the top-right part of the display and choose “Profile.”
- Click your profile image and select “Upload photo.”
- Find the image you wish to use as your profile picture and press “Open.”
- Your picture will now be uploaded to your profile.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Mac?
You can take the same steps when changing your profile picture on your Mac:
- Start your browser and navigate to Instagram’s login page. Enter your credentials and proceed to the home page.
- Hit the profile icon in the upper-right part of your screen and select the “Profile” option.
- Click your profile image, and you’ll see a pop-up window. Choose “Upload Photo.”
- Browse your computer for the perfect picture and hit “Open” once you’ve located and selected it.
- The image will now be uploaded as your profile picture.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Chrome?
Since Google Chrome is the most popular internet browser, it’s only fitting that we cover how to change your Instagram profile picture using the nifty program:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Head to the search bar and enter instagram.com. Press the enter button.
- You’ll now be taken to the login page. Enter your credentials to move on.
- Press the mini profile picture in the top-right corner of your display and choose “Profile.”
- Click your current profile picture and select the “Upload Photo” option.
- Browse your PC for the desired image, select it, and press “Open.”
- Your account will now be updated with your new profile picture.
How to Change Your Profile Picture on Instagram Without Cropping?
Unfortunately, you can’t change your profile picture on Instagram without cropping. As of today, the app doesn’t have a feature that lets you upload full-sized images.
How to Change the Size of Your Instagram Profile Picture?
Changing the size of your Instagram profile picture is also impossible. The closest thing you can do is resize your image while uploading your profile photo.
What to Do if You Get an Error While Changing Your Instagram Profile Picture?
Many users have reported encountering an error while changing their profile pic on Instagram. If that happens to you, here’s what you can try:u003cbru003eu003cbru003e• Log out or quit Instagram on your device and head back to the app to try and re-upload the image.u003cbru003e• Go to the App Store or Play Store to make sure that you’re using the latest version, and the app doesn’t require any updates.u003cbru003e• Log in on your desktop computer and try to edit your picture from there.
Why Did I Get a Notification About My Instagram Profile Picture?
Instagram doesn’t send you notifications about your profile picture. Therefore, the chances are that you mistook it for another one. The app notifies its users about six categories:u003cbru003eu003cbru003e• Comments, posts, and storiesu003cbru003e• Messagesu003cbru003e• Followers and followingu003cbru003e• IGTV and liveu003cbru003e• From Instagramu003cbru003e• Fundraisers
Does Instagram Tell People When You Change Your Profile Photo?
No, Instagram doesn’t tell other people when you change your profile photo. Of course, users will be able to check out your new picture, but they won’t be alerted of the change directly.
It’s Time for an Appealing Profile Pic
Your Instagram profile picture plays a key role in attracting other users to your account. Changing it from time to time is a great way to freshen things up, and now you know how to do it. Whether you’re using the app on your phone or computer, make sure that your current image isn’t holding you back from getting in touch with new people.
How many times have you changed your Instagram profile picture? Do you prefer taking a new image or importing one from Facebook? Let us know in the comments section below.