How to Use Drafts on Instagram
Is there a post you aren’t quite ready to publish on Instagram and want to return to it later? Then, you can save it as a draft and come back to it when you have time to add more filters and write the caption. Fortunately, utilizing this function isn’t difficult once you know the steps involved.
If you’ve been wondering how to use drafts on Instagram, you’ve come to the right place. As a bonus, learn how long drafts last and how to delete them. Plus, find out where to find saved Reels.
How to Create and Save Instagram Drafts on an iPhone
If you use an iPhone and want to learn how to save drafts on Instagram, this is what you need to do:
- Launch “Instagram” on your phone.
- Tap on the plus icon on the lower part of the screen.
- Take a new photo or upload an existing one from your “Library.”
- Click on “Next.”
- Choose filters such as brightness, contrast, etc.
- Tap on “Next.”
- Click on the “<“ back arrowhead on the top left corner of the screen to return to filters.
- Click on the “<“ back arrowhead once again. You’ll get a message asking you if you want to save the draft. Tap on “Save Draft.”
Bear in mind that it’s only possible to save the draft if you add Instagram filters to the post, edit it, tag friends, or write a caption. If you only upload the post without all this and go back, Instagram won’t ask you to save the draft.
How to Create and Save Instagram Drafts on an Android Phone
If you have an Android phone and want to save drafts on Instagram, this is what you should do:
- On your Android smartphone, open “Instagram.”
- Click on the “+” plus icon towards the top right section of the screen.
- Add a “photo” from your library, choose “multiple images,” or take a “camera photo.” The “Preview” window is at the top and the gray image is the currently selected file. Tap the “blue right arrow” when done.
- Choose a “Filter” in the new editing window or leave as normal. To save a draft, you must have some sort of edit on the post from this step or the next. Click the “blue right arrow“ (Next) once you have made your selection.
- In the post editing screen, make some adjustments, then click the “blue right arrow” (next icon) to continue. An edit of some sort is needed to obtain the “Draft” option (either Step 5 or 4).
- On the “Save as Draft?” popup, choose “Save Draft.”
- Now, you’ll see the “Drafts” option in the “New post” screen, which is saved. You can tap to continue editing whenever you’re ready. Once complete, tap the “blue right arrow” (next arrow) to save the post and publish it.
How to Use Instagram Drafts on Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
Now that you know how to save drafts on a mobile phone, you’re probably wondering if the same is possible when you use a computer. For the time being, you can’t save drafts if you use Instagram on your computer. That said, if you need to keep a post, you should do so on your smartphone instead.
How to Access Your Drafts on Instagram
Accessing drafts on Instagram isn’t that difficult. The steps are the same whether you use an iPhone or an Android.
- Open “Instagram” on your phone.
- Click on the “+” plus icon in the bottom-center section.
- In your “Library” you’ll see “Recents,” which are photos and videos from your mobile phone. You’ll also see “Drafts.” Here you can find the saved photo. Tap on the item from “Drafts” to open it.
How to Edit Your Drafts on Instagram
It’s possible to edit drafts on Instagram once you load the photo. To edit them, you’ll follow the same steps as if you were uploading something for the first time. Here is what you need to do:
- Once you open the photo from “Drafts,” tap on “Next.”
- Tap on “Edit,” which is below the image and now colored blue.
- This will take you back to the “Filter” page.
How to Delete Drafts on Instagram
There may be times when you don’t need a draft anymore or want to start over on a post. If you’re going to delete drafts from Instagram, this is what you should do:
- Open “Instagram.”
- Touch the “+” plus icon.
- On the right side of Drafts, tap on “Manage.”
- Select “Edit.”
- Finally, tap on “Discard” and confirm that you want to delete the draft.
As you see, managing drafts on Instagram is relatively simple. You can now save as many as you want and then edit them when you need to publish them. Once you finish the editing process, delete the draft to reduce clutter in the “Drafts” space.
Additional Instagram Draft FAQs
How Long Do Instagram Drafts Last?
In reality, Instagram drafts don’t have a life span. However, some users have complained of their drafts suddenly disappearing. If this happens to you, it’s most likely a glitch in Instagram. You can reach out to their support and see if they can help you fix the issue.
Where Are My Reels Drafts on Instagram?
If you’ve saved a Reel on Instagram, how do you access it? Is there a particular location for Reels, or are these types of drafts in the same place as regular ones? Instagram ensures that all drafts, no matter what type, are user-friendly. Therefore, you can find the saved Reels in the “Drafts” section too.