How to Install Discord on Amazon Fire Stick
Technically speaking, Amazon’s official app store is the only way to set up an Amazon Fire Stick. In other words, Fire Stick users can’t use any of the apps from the Google Play Store.
Discord is one of the apps found in Google’s official app store. Does that mean that Fire Stick users have to say their farewells to Discord and other Google Play Store apps? Not at all. This article shows you a side-route that should allow you to download Discord on your Amazon Fire Stick device.
Installing Discord on Amazon Fire Stick
A few tweaks here and there, and the most popular Google Play Store apps become available to you on your Amazon Fire Stick, despite the limitations.
However, keep in mind that you’ll never actually use the Google Play Store in this tutorial. Downloading the actual Play Store is a complicated process as you’ll need to root your Amazon Fire Stick device to do it. Therefore, there are alternative app stores that mimic the Google Play Store.
Downloading the Alternative App Store – YALP on Firestick
YALP is one of the best alternatives that offers thousands of Google Play Store apps. So, the first step is to download this app. Since downloading it straight away isn’t possible, you’ll need to adjust specific settings first.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Navigate to your Amazon Fire Stick’s Settings.
- Use your controller to find the My Fire TV option and select it.
- Select Developer Options from My Fire TV’s options menu.
- Enable ADB debugging.
- Enable Apps from Unknown Sources. That allows your Fire Stick device to download apps from third-party websites. You’ll get a warning about the dangers of unknown sources.
After you’ve changed those settings, navigate to your home screen and select the Apps tab. Go to Categories and select Productivity.
You should now look for the Downloader app. Once you’ve found it, hit the middle circle button on your Amazon Fire Stick controller to get it.
The Downloader app will come in handy as it allows you to download certain apps directly. Open the Downloader app after it finishes installing.
Use Downloader to obtain another app called FileLinked. The FileLinked app stores different APKs. One of them is the YALP app store.
To download FileLinked, type the following URL and click GO: http://get.filelinked.com.
The Downloader will automatically obtain and install the FileLinked app.
Open FileLinked and search for the YALP app store. Click on the download button located on the right side of your screen and wait for the YALP app to install.
Using the YALP Store to Download Discord
Now that you are all set up and ready to go, use the YALP app store to download Discord and other Google Play Store apps onto your Fire TV Stick.
- Open the YALP app store, and you will see all the apps installed on your Amazon Fire Stick device.
- Click on the “hamburger icon” (three horizontal lines) in the top-left of your screen, which opens another menu.
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down and select the “Pretend to Be a Different Device” option. This action hides your Amazon Fire Stick as another device. This step is necessary because the Google Play Store doesn’t support the Fire Stick. Although you won’t be using the Google Play Store directly, adjusting these settings is essential.
- Select the device to pretend to be your Fire Stick.
- Go back to YALP’s initial screen and select the “hamburger icon” (three horizontal lines) again.
- This time, select “Categories.” You will notice that all of the displayed categories are identical to the version found in the Google Play Store.
- Select the appropriate category and search for the app you want. For purposes of this article, you should choose “Communication” and search for “Discord.”
- Finally, download Discord and wait until it installs on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Enjoy Downloading Google Play Store Apps on Amazon Fire Stick
The things mentioned in this tutorial could be a lot to handle if you’ve never tweaked your Fire Stick’s settings. However, all of the steps are pretty straightforward, so take your time and go through each part of the process slowly to ensure success.
Have you managed to download Discord using our tutorial? Are there any additional apps that you’ve downloaded? Let us know in the comments below.