How to Join a Discord Server Without a Link
Joining a Discord server is very easy if you have the invite link. If you’ve received a link, all you need to do is press “Join” to access a server. But what happens if you don’t have the link?
If you’re wondering how to join a Discord server without a link, you’ve come to the right place. This article will reveal different ways to access a Discord server without the invite link.
How to Join a Discord Server Without a Link
Before we get to the actual steps, it’s important to explain the two types of Discord servers: public and private.
Public servers typically center around a popular topic and are open to anyone who wants to join. There’s no need to send a request or have an invite to become a member of public servers. On the other hand, private servers are more exclusive and intended for niche communities. They have fewer members, and you can only join them if you have an invitation.
If you want to join a public Discord server, you’ll be happy to know you don’t need an invite link. We’ll discuss the most popular ways to do it.
Use the Explore Option
One of the ways to join a Discord server without a link is through the “Explore Public Servers” option on Discord. This feature allows you to browse thousands of public Discord servers that can be accessed by anyone. Keep in mind that this option is available only on the desktop version. Follow the instructions below to use the explore option to join a Discord server:
- Open Discord on your computer.
- Click the compass icon in the left sidebar.
- Find a server you’re interested in joining. If you don’t know the server’s name, you can browse by categories or tags.
- You’ll see the most popular servers at the top of the results page. If you found the server you want to be a member of, press “Join (server name).”
Top.gg is a website that contains a list of all Discord public servers and bots. What’s great is that you can use this website to browse and join servers on both your computer and mobile phone.
The process looks the same regardless of the platform you’re using. Follow the steps below to browse and join a Discord server without a link:
- Open your browser and type “top.gg” into the address bar.
- Choose the “Discord Servers” tab.
- Under “Explore millions of Discord Bots & Servers,” type the name of the server you’re interested in joining. If you don’t know the name, you can search by category or use the suggested tags below the search bar.
- Once you find the server you want to join, press “Join” on the right.
Another way to join a Discord server without a link is to use Disboard. Disboard is a website where you can add and find public Discord servers. The website is completely free and available in over 20 languages. Plus, you can use it on your phone and computer, and the steps look the same.
Follow the instructions below to use Disboard to join a Discord server without a link:
- Launch your browser and type “disboard.org” in the address bar.
- Use the search bar to find the server you’re interested in. If you don’t know its name, you can browse by categories, tags, etc. Disboard helps you narrow down the options by suggesting different tags and categories similar to the one you’ve searched for.
- When you find the server you want to join, press “Join this server” at the bottom.
Disboard enables you to choose the server language, which can help you find the server you’re looking for much faster.
Can You Join a Private Discord Server Without a Link?
The only way to join a private Discord server is to use an invitation link. If you don’t have it, you can ask a friend or the server’s admin to send you the link, but there isn’t anything else you can do. Keep in mind that not all server members can invite other users. Even if your friend is a member, they might not be able to produce an invite link.
If you want to join a private Discord server for a specific online community and don’t have the link, you might be able to find it online. Reddit communities for the same service often have Discord links in their descriptions. Some forum-based communities who have moved to Discord might have pinned threads detailing where to find the invitation link. When push comes to shove, there’s usually a moderator available somewhere who can point the way.
How to Join a Discord Server if the Link Is Expired
When creating an invitation link, the link owner can set when it expires. This can either be a time period, like the link expiring after 24 hours, or a number of uses, such as only allowing the next 100 people who click it through. If you tried to join a Discord server and the link is expired, the only thing you can do is reach out to the server administration and ask them to resend the link or provide a new one.
Join the Fun
Discord servers are small communities of users with similar interests and hobbies. They allow you to meet new people, exchange opinions, and discuss virtually any topic you can think of. Since most servers are private, you’ll need a link to join them. Fortunately, there are public servers that don’t require a link, and you can join them using different methods.
How many Discord servers are you a member of? Have you ever started your own server? Tell us in the comments section below.