How To Join a Meeting With a Code in Microsoft Team
Meetings with Microsoft Teams are a convenient way to catch up with colleagues without everyone physically being in the same room. You can join a Microsoft Teams meeting using a variety of devices, and there are several ways to sign in.
If you want to join a Microsoft Teams meeting with a code but aren’t sure how to do so, this is the article for you. We’ll show you how to join on a PC, iPhone, Android, and iPad.
How to Join a Meeting in Microsoft Teams With a Code on a PC
If you need a code to join a meeting, it will be supplied by the Teams host, and joining with a code is relatively straightforward. You can access Microsoft Teams using your PC either by downloading the Teams app or by visiting the Teams website. To join a meeting using a code on your PC, follow the steps below:
- Download and install the Teams app or open the Teams webpage on a web browser. If the Teams app is already installed, simply open the Teams app icon.
- On the left side of the screen, tap the Teams icon.
- Select Join or create a team.
- Paste in or type the code in the Enter code window.
- Press Join to enter the meeting.
If the meeting has started, you’ll automatically be directed to it. If not, you may be directed to a lobby and will be admitted by the host once the meeting has begun.
You can also join a Teams meeting by tapping on the invite in your email or your Teams Calendar. Simply tap the invite link and follow the instructions outlined above.
How to Join a Meeting in Microsoft Teams With a Code on an iPhone
Sometimes you’ll need a code to join a meeting, which will be supplied by the Teams host. Fortunately, the process is easy. You can also join a meeting in Microsoft Teams using your iPhone. Accessing the meeting can be done either via the Teams app or by going to the Teams website using a web browser. To join a meeting on your iPhone using a code, follow these instructions:
- Download and install the Teams app or open the Team webpage with a web browser. If you have the app, click on the Teams icon.
- Find and tap the Teams button found near the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Join a team with a code.
- Type in or paste the code into the window.
- Click Join.
If the meeting is in progress, you’ll be directed straight to it. If it hasn’t begun, you may be placed in a lobby and the host will admit you when the meeting begins.
If you received a Teams meeting invite via email, or it’s on your Teams Calendar, you can access the meeting by tapping on the link and following the instructions outlined above.
How to Join a Meeting in Microsoft Teams With a Code on an Android Device
On occasion, a code is required to join a meeting and it will be supplied by the host. The process to join is straightforward. Similar to the methods outlined above, you can access a Microsoft Teams meeting using your Android device. To join a meeting, you’ll need to download the Teams app and then follow these steps:
- Download and install the Teams app. If you already have it installed, tap the Teams icon.
- Select the Teams button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Join a team with a code.
- Either paste in or type the code into the window.
- Choose Join.
You’ll be directed to the meeting if it’s already started. If you’re early, you may be placed in a lobby and the host will add you to the meeting once it starts.
You can also join a Teams meeting if you received an invite via email, or if it’s listed on your Teams Calendar. Just tap the invite link and follow the above instructions.
How to Join a Meeting in Microsoft Teams With a Code on an iPad
If you need to join a meeting with a code, it’s a relatively straightforward process. With an iPad, you can join a Teams meeting by either using the Teams app or a web browser. To join a Teams meeting using your iPad, do the following:
- Download and install the Teams app or open the Teams website on a web browser. For those who have the Teams app already installed, press the Teams app icon to open.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Teams button.
- Click Join a team with a code.
- Here you can paste in the code or type it in.
- Tap Join Team.
If the Teams meeting is in progress, you’ll be automatically directed to it. If it hasn’t started, you may be placed in a lobby. The meeting host will add you once the meeting begins.
You may have been invited to a Teams meeting with an invitation sent to you via email. The meeting may also be listed on your Teams Calendar. You can join the meeting by tapping the on the link and then following the above instructions.
Do I have to have a Teams account to join a meeting?
You don’t need to have a Teams account to join a meeting. Anyone hosting a Microsoft Teams meeting can invite people outside of their organization and they don’t need to have the Teams app. The host of the meeting can set up a guest account.
Can I join a Teams meeting from a channel?
Yes. If the meeting is taking place in a channel, simply navigate to that channel and select “Join.”
How do I set up an impromptu Teams meeting?
It only takes a few straightforward steps to create a Teams meeting. All you need is the Teams app or use the Teams webpage. Here’s how to create a meeting on Teams:
1. Open the Teams app or go to the Teams website.
2. On the left side of the Teams screen, select Calendar.
3. In the upper-right-hand corner, click Meet now.
4. Give your meeting a title and select whether or not you want to use video, and pick an audio source.
5. Tap Join now to begin the meeting.
6. In the top-right corner, just under People, type in the name or phone number of those you’d like to attend.
7. You can also paste an invite link via email or SMS by selecting Copy join info.
Quickly Gain Access to Microsoft Teams Meetings
Joining a Microsoft Teams meeting with a code can be done on several different devices. You can join by using the Teams app or by navigating to the Microsoft Teams webpage using a browser. You don’t even have to have a Teams account to join a meeting. The entire process is straightforward.
Have you had to use a code to join a Microsoft Teams meeting? Did you follow the same methods outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.