How to Log into Multiple TikTok Accounts on Your Phone
Since launching in 2016, TikTok has grown an immense user base. But this makes it more and more difficult to “trend” on the platform. Therefore, it’d be really cool if you could have multiple TikTok accounts.
People complained about this for ages before the TikTok team finally listened. Now, thankfully, you can have more than one TikTok account. There are a few catches, however, things that aren’t common knowledge.
Read on to find out all about them, and also learn how to make multiple TikTok accounts without any third-party apps.
Create a TikTok Account
OK, let’s assume that you don’t have a TikTok account and explain the entire process from the ground up. First things first, download TikTok from the official app store for your device. If you’re on Android, use the Google Play Store. If you’re on the iPhone, use the App Store instead. Even if you have an account, be sure to download the latest update for TikTok. Otherwise, you won’t have the option to have multiple accounts.
Finally, follow the instructions to log into TikTok (for the first time):
- Launch the TikTok app on your phone.
- Press the button that says Me in the lower right-hand corner of the home page. This will take you to the Sign Up window.
- Select Sign Up at the bottom of the window
- You can choose to sign up with your email address, phone number, or any social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook). Choose any of the methods you want, but remember your choice. It’s important for your next account creation.
- Enter your valid birthday (you need to be 13 or older).
- Tap Next when you’re done.
- Enter your email or phone number for account verification. Check the email TikTok sends you and click the link to verify your account.(or if you used a phone number, check the SMS for a code to verify your account)
- Set a password and Confirm the prompt when finished.
- Finally, you need to finish a simple Captcha and confirm that you are human.
How to Log Into Multiple TikTok Accounts
Making the first account was fairly easy, wasn’t it? If you skipped the first section, make sure you have the latest version of TikTok before proceeding. When ready, follow the steps to create your second TikTok account:
- Log into TikTok (your first account). Just start the app on your phone and provide the login credentials. They’ll be saved and your subsequent logins will be automated.
- Tap on your profile icon in the bottom-right corner of TikTok’s home screen (Me).
- Tap on your account name in the top center of your screen.
- Tap the Plus icon to add an account.
- You’ll go through the same signup process as before. Refer to the previous section for instructions. Now, this is the important part, make sure to sign up with a different email address or mobile phone number. The signup method is up to you, it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t use the same information as the last time.
If you followed our advice, you should now have two TikTok accounts, which work on the same device. Like we said, make sure not to use the same phone number or email address and you’ll be good to go. Our tip is to use an email to sign up the second time because you can easily create free email accounts.
If you already have multiple email accounts, the process will be even easier for you. Note that the maximum number of accounts you can have at any one time is five (at the moment of writing).
However, keep in mind that if you create multiple accounts on the same device, your profile will be marked as a business account. This means that your account will be deprioritized, which can only be countered by seeking more traction. That won’t happen if you pay for ads on your profiles.
If you want to have multiple TikTok profiles for yourself, and you’re not a business owner or an entrepreneur, make sure to use multiple devices (separate accounts on each device).
How to Log In Your Other TikTok Accounts
Finally, this is how you log into your other TikTok accounts. It is really easy, just follow these steps:
- Start TikTok on your device.
- Tap on Me (profile).
- Tap your account name at the top of the screen.
- A dropdown menu with all your accounts will appear. Select to which one you want to log in.
- When you log into the other account, you can edit your profile to change the username. You should also tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen and press Manage Account to verify your email.
That should be enough to get you started with multiple TikTok accounts.
More Is Always Better Than One
Hopefully, this article was helpful and provided all the information you needed. Remember to always keep your accounts on different phone numbers or email addresses, and, preferably, on separate devices as well if you can.
How many TikTok accounts do you have? Are you using them for fun or for business? Let us know in the comments section below.