How to Make Stickers for TikTok
Stickers are trendy on all social media. Facebook was the first to add them to the Messenger app, and the trend took off. TikTok, being the massively popular platform, of course, features stickers.
Many want to know how to customize TikTok stickers. Read on, and we’ll show you how.
How to Add Stickers to Your TikTok Videos
TikTok makes it really easy to add any of the app’s built-in stickers but, it isn’t so easy to add your own custom creations. If you want to add stickers that you’ve created, you’ll need to use a workaround. Fortunately, we’ve researched those workarounds for you!
Use a Third-Party App
One of the best ways to customize your TikTok video is to use a third-party application like InShot. This app lets you add stickers, music, text, and more to your content.
You can create the video in the TikTok app then download it, or you can film it and upload it to the InShot app, add your custom stickers, then upload it to TikTok. Both work the same.
Here’s what you need to do for this workaround:
- With your prepared video, open the InShot application.
- Tap ‘Video’ within the app and select your video.
- Select the teal checkmark button in the lower right-hand corner to upload your video.
- Use the sliders to adjust your video, click ‘Next,’ then click ‘Ok.’
- At the bottom, click the sticker icon.
- Click the ‘+’ to access your phone’s memory (where your custom sticker is saved.
- If your sticker doesn’t appear, click ‘Recent’ at the bottom and you’ll see your phone’s image folders. Select the one that your custom sticker is saved in and select your sticker.
- When your sticker is added, click the ‘Save’ option in the upper right-hand corner. Choose your save destination.
Now that your video is saved, open TikTok, and press the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the screen. then, click ‘Upload.’ Choose your video and follow the usual process for publishing it.
We know this seems like a lot of work, but it’s an effective way to add your own custom stickers to a TikTok video. If this doesn’t seem like the best method for you, keep reading. We have other options.
Make Stickers with Giphy
Recently, TikTok partnered with Giphy. Sadly, the partnership doesn’t mean that everyone can make custom stickers for TikTok. Only a select number of popular TikTokers got their stickers, including Benoftheweek, Gabe, and DreaKnowbest.
This feature will surely be more accessible in the future, but for now, Giphy is cherry-picking the people who get to make their custom stickers. You can use the official Giphy website to apply for your artist or brand channel.
You will need to sign into Giphy’s website and meet their requirements. Not to discourage you, but the chances of anyone getting their TikTok stickers this way are somewhat slim.
This collaboration between Giphy and TikTok is a big deal, and it seems promising. We’ll have to wait and see what comes of it, and how many new stickers will come to TikTok.
Add Stickers to TikTok Using Built-In Options
Until the Giphy and TikTok cooperation expands, you can always add regular TikTok stickers to your TikTok videos. Download the latest TikTok update for Android and iOS devices, because it has an important sticker update you are going to like.
TikTok now allows you to pin your TikTok stickers to an object in your TikTok video. You just need to select where it will stay and for how long. Follow the steps to add stickers to your TikTok videos:
- Launch the TikTok app on your phone or tablet.
- Press the plus icon to start recording.
- Create a TikTok video the way you usually do.
- Press next.
- Select the Stickers option. Select one from a wide and colorful selection. You can add multiple stickers at once, and remove them easily if you don’t like some of them (hit X next to the one you want to exclude).
- Now, you can move your stickers to a different place in the video and resize them if you like.
- Tap the sticker timer button if you want to change the duration of its appearance in your clip.
- Tap Next, and finally choose Post.
Make Real TikTok Stickers
We don’t have the solution for making your TikTok stickers in the app, as this option is still not available. TikTok might add it in the future, who knows. Until then, there is one way you can make your TikTok stickers.
There are various ways you can get these, print them yourself, or you can take them off some products, or buy them at a store. You can purchase many TikTok stickers online, but they can be expensive.
Or, you can be creative and pretend that you are in the arts and crafts class. You will need some packaging tape, wax (or parchment) paper, and a pair of scissors. Also, you’ll need to get some actual, printed stickers.
Here is how to make your TikTok stickers. Of course, before proceeding with the steps, you’ll have to design, draw, and print your custom sticker. After that:
- Place some tape on parchment paper.
- Cut out your printed sticker, so you only have the sticker, without any white space.
- Place the sticker on the top of the tape.
- Cut out more tape, and place it over the sticker
- Finally, cut your home-made sticker out of the parchment paper.
Add Your Sticker to TikTok
Unfortunately, TikTok doesn’t allow its users to upload custom stickers. Instead, you can upload one as a photo background. Here’s how to do it.
- Start the TikTok app.
- Tap the record button (plus icon) near the bottom of the screen.
- Make a regular TikTok video.
- Select the Effect option.
- Choose Upload Your Image to Change the Background.
- Select your sticker photo (prepare a picture of your sticker for this step).
- Your custom sticker will be in the background of your TikTok video. Finish editing the video and post it when done.
TikTok and Custom-Made Stickers
Unfortunately, TikTok still doesn’t allow the users to upload and use their custom stickers. Hopefully, that will change soon, so be on the lookout for new updates.
Which are your favorite TikTok stickers? Let us know in the comments section below.