How To Mirror Android to a Mac Screen
Have you wanted to mirror your Android’s screen to your Mac? Sometimes it’s more convenient to view what’s on your small Android’s screen on a much larger display like your large Mac’s monitor. Although they are two entirely different platforms, this is something that can be accomplished.
If you’re interested in doing this, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll cover how to mirror your Android to a Mac.
Mirroring Android to a Mac
Screen mirroring your Android phone to a much larger Mac display can be done. It will, however, require the use of some online tools if you’d like to do it wirelessly. If not, there’s a way to use a USB cable to accomplish the job. Either way, you’ll be able to stream movies, view your photos, and do anything else you’d do on your phone but watch them on a bigger screen.
Using Third-Party Apps and a USB Cable
Some apps allow for mirroring using either a wireless network or a USB cable. Others are limited to using only a USB. Both options will produce the same result, the ability to mirror your Android’s screen on your Mac. The benefit of mirroring with a USB cable is that the connection is secure and isn’t limited to the strength of a wireless signal.
This method works great if you can easily connect your Android to your Mac with a USB cable. By first downloading and installing the AirDroid Cast app, you’ll be able to mirror your Android phone to your Mac using a reliable USB cable. With this method, there’s no need for a wireless network. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install the AirDroid Cast app on both your Android and Mac.
- Once installed, plug a USB cable into the phone and then into the Mac.
- On the computer, double-click on the USB option.
- In the popup window, select your Android.
- Your Android phone is now mirrored on your Mac.
Vysor is similar to other third-party apps that allow you to mirror your Android to your Mac. It does what all the others do: let you stream films on your Android and watch them on your Mac, view photos, and do many other things you can ordinarily do only on your phone. What sets Vysor apart from the rest is its ability to control the phone directly from your Mac. If this interests you, here’s how to do it:
- Download and install the Vysor app on your Android.
- On your Mac, launch a Chrome browser and download Vysor.
- Once both have been properly installed, launch them on both devices.
- Connect your Android to your Mac with a USB cable.
- Using the Vysor interface on your Mac, navigate on “Android Devices.”
- When your Mac recognizes your Android phone, choose it and hit “Select.”
- Your Android will now be mirrored on your Mac’s screen.
Now that both devices are recognized, you’ll be able to operate your phone by using the mouse or trackpad on your Mac. This fun feature allows you to simply place your Android down and gain access to everything on it via your Mac. By controlling your Android through your Mac, you’ll be able to use a traditional keyboard to perform operations on your phone.
Using Third-Party Apps to Mirror Wirelessly
Another way to mirror your Android to your Mac is to use one of the many apps available. So long as you have a strong Wi-Fi signal, using third-party apps is a good option. You won’t need a USB cable, so your phone won’t have to be extremely close to your computer. Next, we’ll cover a few of the more popular apps.
A popular app for screen mirroring is LetsView. This free, easy-to-use app allows for wireless screen mirroring. It’s compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and even smart TVs. The user interface is incredibly simple to navigate and there’s not much more to do than install the app and let both devices find each other. Here’s how it’s done:
- Download and install LetsView on your Android and Mac.
- Ensure that your Android and Mac are connected to the same wireless network.
- Open the app on both devices.
- Wait for your Android to detect your Mac.
- Once detected, tap on your Mac’s name.
- Your Android’s screen will now be mirrored on your Mac’s display.
There’s an alternative way to connect both devices. To use this method, follow these instructions:
- Wait for your Android and Mac to recognize each other.
- Once they have, your Mac will display a QR code.
- Scan the QR code with your Android, and it will initiate the mirroring process.
Reflector is a bare-bones free app that allows you to mirror your Android to a Mac. Similar to other apps of this type, you can stream movies and videos from your phone and have a better viewing experience by watching them on your Mac’s much larger monitor. The user interface is easy-to-use and setting up everything takes only a few minutes. They offer a free seven-day trial. After it expires, you’ll be required to purchase it. Here’s how to set up Reflector:
- Download and install the Reflector app on your Mac.
- Launch the app and ensure that your Android and Mac are connected to the same wireless network.
- On your Android, swipe down on the screen to open the “Quick Settings” tray.
- Tap “Cast.” A new window will open showing you all available wireless receivers.
- Wait for your Mac to appear, then choose it.
- Your Android is now mirrored on your Mac.
X-Mirage is another app that assists with mirroring your Android’s screen to a Mac. With it, you can view anything that’s on your phone on your much larger Mac display. It not only mirrors, but it also has the capability to screen record. The setup is fairly simple. They also offer a 15-day free trial. After that, you’ll need to purchase it. It’s compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, and iPhone. To use X-Mirage, do the following:
- Download and install X-Mirage on your Mac.
- Ensure that your Mac and Android are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe up on your Android to display the “Quick Settings” tray.
- Select “Cast.”
- Wait for your Mac to appear, then choose it.
- Your Android’s screen will now be mirrored on your Mac.
Mirror Your Android on Your Mac Explained
There are two main ways to mirror your Android’s screen to your Mac, however, both require third-party apps. Mirroring devices with a USB provide a stable and secure connection, but your phone and Mac need to be close together. The advantage of apps that can mirror devices wirelessly is that the devices don’t require being tethered together. The downside is you’re reliant on the strength of the wireless network connection to ensure a good viewing experience.
Have you mirrored your Android phone to a Mac? Did you use any of the apps mentioned in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.