How to Change the Wallpaper in Nova Launcher
One of the best things about smartphones is how much fun you can have customizing them. In a way, how you set up your phone is a reflection of your personality. Are you the kind of person who needs everything to run smoothly and who keeps the original wallpaper forever?
Or do you get excited about all the new wallpapers available and changes it twice a day? Nova Launcher is a great tool for everyone who enjoys customizing their Android phone. So how do you use Nova Launcher to change the wallpaper?
Changing the Wallpaper with Nova Launcher
In case you’ve grown a bit tired of the way your home screen looks and with limitations of the default launcher in your Android phone, Nova Launcher comes as a real tonic. It opens up an entire world of possibilities where you can make your phone as functional and as personalized as you want it to be.
One of the biggest parts of that personalization process is changing your wallpaper. The Nova Launcher can apply to your home and lock screen any image you want, whether it’s in your phone’s gallery, or from a third-party app. Here are the steps you need to follow to change the wallpaper with Nova Launcher:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Nova Launcher downloaded from Play Store. Note: there is a free and paid version. For maximum options, you can purchase the launcher, but the free version works really well too.
- Go to Settings on your phone and then select “App management” followed by “Default apps”.
- Tap on “Home app” and then select “Nova7.”
- Now go back to your home screen and press and hold on the screen for two seconds.
- You will see icons on the screen, and the first one will be “Wallpapers”.
- Tap the wallpapers icon and you will be prompted to pick an image you want to use.
- You can choose the alignment of the image (left, center, or right), then select “Set Wallpaper”.
- Choose if you want the image on your home screen, lock screen, or both.
That’s all there is to it. Now the image you want is where you’ve selected it to be. You can go back and choose another image for the lock or home screen, in case you wanted them to be different. The process is simple, and it only takes just a few taps on the screen.
More Nova Launcher Customization Features
When it comes to customization, changing the wallpaper on your phone with Nova Launcher is just the beginning. Once you setup the wallpaper you want you can decide how you want it to behave on your screen. Here’s what you can do:
- Open Nova Settings and then “Home screen”.
- Under “Scroll” you can select if you want the wallpaper scrolling feature to be On, Off, or in Reverse.
- You can also opt for animation when swiping between home pages and what is called the “Transition effect”. Tap and select if you want the simple, cube, or card stack transition effect.
- You can also check or uncheck the “Infinite scroll” option which limits or allows you to scroll between your home pages in a linear or circular manner.
In Nova Settings, under the Home screen, you can also do things like customizing the desktop grid and selecting exactly how many apps you want on which home screen. You’re not limited with pre-set grid options, it’s all up to you.
You can also change the icon size as well as the font. In addition, you can change the color and the shadow effect. This is also where you can make the search bar exactly how you want it to be. There are several bar styles and logo styles so that your home screen has everything you want.
Changing the Background Color
The Nova Launcher can make you feel like a kid at Christmas. It’s filled with neat surprises and features you can spend a ton of time exploring. Apart from wallpapers and turning the night mode off, you can also use Nova Launcher to change the background color of your phone.
When you’re browsing through your apps, you can have any color you want in the background. This is one of the options under the well-known “App drawer” feature in Nova Settings. Here’s how to find and apply it:
- Go to Nova Settings and select “App drawer”.
- Under “Layout” you’ll see “Background color” and a circle next to it where the current color is displayed.
- Tap on the circle and you will be able to see the color scheme displayed, as well as the recent ones that were used.
- Select the color and then tap on the checkmark on the left to confirm your selection.
- You can continue to choose the background transparency. It can be anywhere from 0 to 100%.
You can also use the Advanced feature in the background color option (bottom right corner of the screen) to create your custom color. You can choose the hue, saturation, and brightness. And you can name the color and save it.
Let Nova Launcher Do Its Magic
The Nova Launcher is one of those third-party apps that are really well done. It’s been around for years now and it’s only increasing in popularity. The impressive number of ways you can make your phone feel more personal with Nova Launcher is enough to make anyone want to try it out. And changing the wallpaper is easy and fast too. You’ll probably spend more time choosing the right image.
Have you ever tried the Nova Launcher? How did you like all the customization features? Let us know in the comments section below.