How to Order an Uber for Someone Else
In Jun 2017, Uber introduced a stunning new feature enabling users to request and schedule a ride for someone else.
In case your friend or loved one doesn’t own a smartphone or forgot their phone at home but desperately needs a ride, you can easily schedule an Uber ride for them.
If you need to set up a ride for a friend or family member to arrive at your place, send them to an airport, or even pick them up from a specific destination, you can set up an Uber ride for them.
No matter why you need to arrange an Uber ride for someone else, the only thing they need to do is wait for the car to arrive, as your smartphone can handle everything else.
This article explains how to order an Uber for someone else using two popular methods. Regardless of the method you choose, ensure that you always have the latest version of the Uber app to avoid potential problems.
How to Order an Uber Ride for Someone Else Using iPhone or Android
- Open the “Uber” app.
- Tap on “Where to?”
- Switch the rider by clicking on the “For me” option.
- In the drop-down menu, tap on “Choose who’s riding.”
- Allow the Uber app to access your contacts list, then choose the contact’s phone number. You can also deny the access and enter the person’s number manually.
- A new window appears explaining the terms and conditions of this feature, so ensure you read everything and tap on “Accept.”
- In the new form that appears, fill in your friend’s first and last name, then tap on “Continue.”
- The Uber app now has your friend’s phone number and full name. The Uber driver also sees the information that you enter, so ensure that you enter everything correctly.
- Next, enter the location where the Uber driver should pick up your friend and then choose where they should drop them off.
- You will also be able to select between UberX, which is a cheaper option (cars that seat four or more people), and an Uber XL if your friend needs a larger vehicle (minivans and SUVs.)
- To complete the process, tap on “Confirm UberX/XL.”
- You friend/family member then receives a link to a “real-time Uber tracker” so they can monitor their vehicle’s exact location while they wait.
How to Order a Ride for Someone Else Using Uber Family Profile
If you are looking for a more permanent solution, then Uber Family Profile is the way to go. Using this option, you can add up to four people to one profile. All group members can order rides for other members on the list.
To set up an Uber Family account, complete the following steps:
- Launch the “Uber” app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap on the “hamburger icon” (menu).
- Select “Settings,” which is usually the last option in the sidebar menu.
- Tap on the “Add Family Profile” option located in the “Profile” section.
- Select “Add Family Member,” then your contact list will lauch.
- Search for the number you want to list as “family” and select it.
- Tap on “Send Invite.”
- The family member you wish to add receives your invitation, and all that they need to do is accept it.
- The final step require you to select a “payment method.”
Use the Taxi of the Future
Uber has grown rapidly since the app’s launch in 2010, and it’s getting better and better. The fact that this innovative company is continually upgrading its software and improving its services only shows that it has the potential to last for a long time.