How to Pin a Comment in Instagram
Instagram, the world’s most popular photo-sharing platform, keeps surprising users with innovative features. And one of the most recent cool additions to things you can do on Instagram is to pin comments to Posts, Lives, Reels, and Stories.
If you’re looking for instructions on how to pin a comment on Instagram, you’ve landed on the right page. This article provides a step-by-step guide to pinning comments on Instagram Live, Reel, and Story.
How to Pin a Comment on Instagram Live
Recent Instagram updates make it possible for users to pin comments on their Instagram Live posts. This is a great way to let people know the purpose of the video, as not all followers may join the live video right from the start. If someone joins late, they’ll see what you’re talking about.
Follow the instructions below to pin a comment on your Live with an Android device.
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Log into your account.
- Select your profile picture from the top left-hand of the screen.
- Start a live video by pressing the Live button.
- Tap a comment you want to pin or add a new comment and tap on it.
- Tap on the Pin Comment option.
That’s it! You have now pinned comments to your Instagram Live video. The pinned comment will be located at the bottom of the comments list. You can remove the pinned comment by tapping on the comment and selecting “Unpin comment.”
Note that Instagram only allows some users to pin comments of others and not their own for the Live sessions.
Here’s how you can pin a comment on Instagram Live on iPhone:
- Launch Instagram on your iPhone and log into your account.
- Tap on your profile picture from the top left-hand of the screen.
- Press the Live button to start a new Live session.
- Swipe to the left on a comment you want to pin. Alternately, add your own comment, and swipe to the left.
- Tap on Pin Comment.
You have now successfully pinned comments to your Instagram Live video. If you want, you can remove the comment by swiping to the right of the comment and selecting Unpin comment.
Note that depending on your region, you may not be able to pin your own comment on your Live video. You may only be allowed to pin that of your followers.
How to Pin a Comment on an Instagram Story
Instagram Story is a great way to engage with your followers. Besides sharing interesting content, you can pin your comment (or that of your followers) to make your Story more informative.
Follow the steps below to pin a comment on Instagram Story:
- Open the Instagram app on your Android device and log into your account.
- Select the comment from your Instagram Story that you wish to pin.
- Long press on it and wait for the blue bar to appear.
- Tap on the pin icon.
The comment will now be pinned to your Story. If you don’t see an option to pin a comment to your Story, you can add a text sticker by tapping on the Aa icon and writing the info you want to include with the Story.
iPhone users can pin comments to their Stories by following the steps below.
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Log into your account.
- Locate your Story from the upper left-hand of the screen or add a new one.
- Choose the comment you wish to pin and swipe to the left.
- You’ll see three icons appear. Select the Pin to pin the comment to your Story.
Depending on the region, some iPhone users don’t have the option to pin comments on their stories. If this is the case with you, stick with adding text using the Aa text icon.
How to Pin a Comment on an Instagram Reel
The Instagram Reel is an excellent tool for engaging with your followers or boosting your affiliate marketing campaign. Whatever the reason for using Reels, pinning comments on your video is a great way to make your videos more informative. Unfortunately, not all users have the option to pin comments to Reels, but it won’t hurt to try.
Here’s how to do so on an Android device.
- Open the Instagram app on your Android device.
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Create an Instagram Reel as you usually do.
- Write a comment or select an existing one.
- Tap on the comment you want to pin.
- Tap on the Pin.
The comment will now be pinned to your Instagram Reel. If you don’t see the option to pin a comment on Instagram Reels, you can hit the text icon at the top right-hand when creating a Reel and pin a text sticker onto the Reel.
- Open Instagram on your iPhone and log into your account.
- Create a Reel and write a comment on it or find your follower’s comment.
- Swipe to the left and select Pin comment.
If you don’t see the option to pin a comment to Reels, you can add text by hitting the Aa text icon in the upper right-hand of your Reel.
Pin Instagram Comments With Ease
Instagram keeps treating users to excellent new features that make streaming content better. Whether you’re live streaming or sharing a video on Instagram Reel or Story, you may want to pin a comment to your content to make it more informative.
This article shared the easy steps to pinning comments on multiple locations on Instagram, so you never have to worry about making information stand out.
What types of comments do you typically pin on your Stories? Do you prefer to pin your comments or those of your followers? Let us know.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.