How to Make a Board Private in Pinterest
There are many reasons why you might want to make a board private on Pinterest. Perhaps you’re operating a Pinterest business account and wish to keep some personal pins hidden from view. Or maybe you use Pinterest to save personal images that you don’t want to be shared with the world. Whatever your reason, knowing how to make a board private on Pinterest can be very useful. Fortunately, doing so is a relatively straightforward process.
This article will walk you through the steps needed to successfully make your board private on Pinterest, depending on your chosen device. Plus, we’ll be answering some additional questions you may have within our FAQ section, such as how to turn on privacy mode.
Carry on reading to learn more.
How to Make a Pinterest Board Private From an iPhone
If you find yourself regularly accessing Pinterest from your iPhone, be it for business or pleasure, then you might be wondering how to make your board private. Perhaps you’re flicking through some marketplace ideas while on the bus and want to make a private board quickly to save some content. Whatever your reason, we’ve got you covered.
If you’ve been wondering how to make a board private from your iPhone, simply do the following:
- Open the Pinterest app.
- If you haven’t already, log in to your Pinterest account.
- Tap on your profile picture located in the bottom-right corner.
- From your profile, select the board you wish to edit.
- Hit the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Edit Board.”
- Tap the toggle where it says, “Keep This Board Secret.”
- Select “Done.”
How to Make a Pinterest Board Private From an Android
If you’re using an Android device, it’s also possible to privatize your Pinterest board with just a few taps. Just follow these steps:
- Launch the Pinterest app and log in if prompted.
- Once you’re logged in, access your profile by tapping on your profile picture in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Go to the three horizontal dots in the upper-right corner.
- Select “Edit Board.”
- Hit the toggle next to where it says, “Keep This Board Secret.”
- When finished, tap “Done.”
How to Make a Pinterest Board Private From a PC
To keep your Pinterest inspiration board private using your PC, follow these steps:
- Head to the Pinterest website.
- Log in to your account.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on your profile picture.
- Select the pen icon located in the lower right corner of the board you wish to make private.
- Scroll down and select the toggle next to where it says, “Keep This Board Secret.”
- When finished, click “Done.”
How to Make a Pinterest Board Private From an iPad
There are some great advantages to using Pinterest on an iPad. With a bigger screen, you’ll get to see posts in more detail than you would on a smartphone. Plus, an iPad is still portable, so you can still create boards while on the go. If you like to scroll through Pinterest on your iPad but don’t want to share your inspiration with the world, making your boards secret is an easy process. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Head to the Pinterest app and log in if you haven’t already.
- Select your profile image.
- Choose the one you wish to make private from your list of boards.
- Select the three horizontal dots located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Edit Board.”
- Switch the toggle “on” next to where it states, “Keep This Board Secret.”
- Select “Done.”
Can You Make a Pinterest Board Private After It’s Created?
Yes. Once you have made a Pinterest board, it is possible to make it private after making it. Simply head to your board’s settings and tap or click on the toggle which says, “Keep This Board Secret.” Follow the same steps but switch the toggle to “Off” to change it back to “public.”
Is There a Limit to the Number of Secret Boards I Can Make?
No, there is no limit to the number of secret boards users can create or participate in on Pinterest.
Do Pinterest Secret Collaborators Need a Pinterest Account?
Anybody invited by you to collaborate on a secret board must have a Pinterest account.
Does a Secret Collaborator Need to Follow You to Be Added to a Secret Board?
No, they do not need to follow you, nor do you need to follow them. The only requirement for adding someone to your secret board is holding a Pinterest account.
Privacy Is Key
When Pinterest first became a “thing,” everything shared on there by users was public. Any images you’d want to upload had to be considered heavily before posting. Fortunately, this is no longer the case with the arrival of secret boards.
Now, users can easily create private boards with any images, and nobody else has to view them. This feature is perfect if you’re piecing together ideas for a client or even if you’re slyly planning an event and don’t want anyone to find out.
The best part is that users can create private boards using any device, whether a desktop or a smartphone.
We hope that this step-by-step guide has helped you better understand how to make your boards on Pinterest private.
Have you tried making a board private on Pinterest? If so, what device did you use? How did you find the process? Let us know in the comments below.