How to Get Beat Saber on a Quest 2
You’ve purchased a new Meta(Oculus) Quest 2 system and you’re ready to start playing one of the most immersive rhythm games in the gaming experience – Beat Sabre.
Beat Saber is a musical rhythm game that is pretty easy to download and also a lot of fun. In this article, we’ll explain the steps to downloading and playing Beat Saber on your Oculus Quest 2. You’ll be a pro in no time.
Installing Beat Saber
Beat Saber is a unique VR experience. You get to slash at beats represented by small cubes that almost dance as they come toward you. Unfortunately, Beat Saber was free, but unfortunately only for a limited time between August 1 and December 31, 2022, with every new Oculus Quest 2 purchase.
You can still play Beat Saber, but it costs $29.99 on Quest. Here are the steps to downloading it.
- Turn on your Oculus Quest 2 and go to the Home screen.
- Select the “Store” option.
- Use the search bar to find “Beat Saber.” Select the “Beat Saber” game from the search results.
- Click the “Download” button and start downloading the game.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Once the game is installed, select “Beat Saber” from the “Library” section.
Beat Saber isn’t free anymore, so you will have to make the payment to download it.
How to Update Beat Saber on Oculus Quest 2
To keep the game running smoothly and optimally, we recommend that you update it to the latest version as well. If you haven’t updated it for some time, here are the steps you can take to keep it up-to-date.
- Open the Oculus app on your phone or computer and connect your Quest 2 to the app.
- Go to the “Library” section of the app and find “Beat Saber.”
- If any update is available, you can press the update button next to the game to begin the process.
Keep in mind that if your automatic update option is already on, you won’t have to check for updates. Beat Saber will automatically update instead.
Beat Saber is a lot of fun, so let’s dive into how to play it most effectively.
How to Play Beat Saber on a Quest 2
In Beat Saber, use your lightsabers to slash blocks that represent musical beats. The blocks are color-coded to indicate the direction in which you slice them. Make sure to hit them on time with the music to score points. But that’s probably easier said than done, right? The game has many difficulty levels and music tracks that you can switch between. So, what are the game controls and how do you play them?
- Control the left saber with the left-hand controller. You can use the main trigger to slash blocks and the grip button to grab objects. The same goes for the right saber and right-hand controller.
- Move around in the game by using the joystick on the left-hand controller. You can teleport short distances by pressing and holding the joystick.
- You can access the game’s menus by using the menu button on the left-hand controller.
- Reset your position by using the reset button on the right-hand controller.
Now that you know the controls, we can move on to how to play the game.
- Put on the Oculus Quest 2 headset and adjust the straps for a comfortable fit. We recommend using both controllers.
- After launching Beat Saber from your Library, select a song. Make sure to keep the difficulty level low if you’re just starting.
- When the music plays, blocks representing beats will start to move in your direction. Slash the blocks with the corresponding lightsabers in the direction indicated by the block color.
- If you have to move around or teleport certain distances, use the joystick to get a good angle. Prioritize scoring points by hitting as many blocks as possible. You will have to avoid obstacles and hazards too.
Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be a wiz in no time.
Other Games Like Beat Saber for Oculus Quest 2
Perhaps you’ve gotten so good at Beat Saber that you’re ready to try something new. If you like musical, rhythm-based gameplay, we have your back for that too. Here are some other games you might enjoy.
- Audio Trip. This is another music-based VR game that features an extensive library of songs and a wide variety of dance styles.
- Dance Central. This is a VR dance game with a large list of songs and an array of dance styles that will keep you moving.
- Tilt Brush. This one is slightly different. It’s a VR painting game that lets you create 3D paintings in a virtual space.
- The Thrill of the Fight. In this VR game, you don’t dance, you box. The Thrill of the Fight is a VR boxing game that puts you in the ring and challenges you to fight against computer-controlled opponents.
- Supernatural. You can combine rhythm-based gameplay with immersive virtual environments in this VR fitness game.
With so many rhythm-based dancing games, Beat Saber included, you’re bound to have a fun experience.
Can more than one person play Beat Saber at a time?
Beat Saber now has a multiplayer option. So yes, you can play it with other people. Simply invite other players to a multiplayer lobby. If they accept, they can enter the session with you.
Why isn’t Beat Saber free?
Beat Saber used to be free through a limited-time offer. You can still download and play the game but it costs $29.99.
Can I get custom songs for Beat Saber?
There are options to download certain songs from different apps on Quest. So while the customization of songs is limited, you still can include some new ones.
Is Beat Saber available for other VR platforms?
Yes, Beat Saber is available on multiple VR platforms, including the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and PlayStation VR.
What are the system requirements for Beat Saber?
The system requirements for Beat Saber on the Oculus Quest 2 include the Oculus Quest 2 headset, two Oculus Touch hand controllers, and a Wi-Fi connection for downloading and installing the game.
Can I play beat Saber without a headset?
Since Beat Saber is a VR game, you will need a headset to play it.
Can I play Beat Saber using Air Link?
Yes, you can play Beat Saber using the Air link. But you will have to download and install the Oculus PC software on your computer.
Beat Saber Makes You Dance
To someone without an Oculus Quest 2 system, someone playing Beat Saber may look a little funny. While you’re immersed in the VR experience and having a blast, you may have to move around a lot. But people watching you will probably want to participate in the fun you’re having.
Now you know how to get Beat Saber for Oculus Quest 2 and how to play the game. What do you think about Beat Saber? Was it hard to download or play? Did it take a long time to learn the controls? Let us know in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.