How to Redeem a Code in Google Play
Google Play, or more formally the Google Play Store, offers thousands of free apps. Besides those, you also have the chance to purchase apps as well. If you’ve received a gift code or have a promo code and want to use it for an app for sale, you may not realize there are multiple ways to redeem it.
In this article, we’ll reveal how to redeem a code in Google Play. Along with that, we’ll show you how to view your Google Play balance and where you can purchase a gift card.
The steps for redeeming a code in Google Play vary depending on what you’re redeeming and when. We’ll clarify the confusion and explain different ways to do it.
How to Redeem a Gift Card, Gift Code, or Promo Code in Google Play
We’ll show you how to redeem a gift card, gift code, or promo code and add it to your balance on both your phone and computer.
How to Redeem a Gift Card, Gift Code, or Promo Code in Google Play on a Mobile Device
If you’re redeeming these using your mobile phone, here’s what you need to do:
- Open Google Play.
- Tap your profile picture.
- Press “Payments & subscriptions.”
- Select “Redeem gift code.”
- Enter the gift card or promo code into the field and tap “Redeem.” The amount will be added to your balance.
How to Redeem a Gift Card, Gift Code, or Promo Code in Google Play on a PC
Computer users can redeem gift cards, codes, and promo codes by following these instructions:
- Open your browser and go to Google Play.
- Select “Redeem” from the menu on the left.
- Enter the gift card or promo code and select “Redeem.” Your Google Play balance will be increased by that amount.
How to Redeem a Google Play Gift Email?
Google Play gifts can also be sent via email. If you’ve received one, here’s how to redeem it using your mobile phone or computer:
- Open your email inbox.
- Find the email in question containing the Google Play Gift.
- Tap “Redeem gift.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
If you’ve deleted the email by accident, you can always message the person that purchased it for you and ask them to resend it.
How to Redeem a Google Play Code When Making a Purchase?
Another way to redeem a Google Play Code is while you’re making a purchase. Here are the steps:
- Start the checkout process for the content you want to buy.
- Once you get to the payment method, tap the arrow pointing downwards and select “Redeem.”
- Enter the code and finish the process by following the on-screen instructions. Google Play will accept your code and subtract the amount from the total amount of the content you’re purchasing.
How to Redeem a Movie Code on Google Play
Google Play Movies & TV is an on-demand service that enables you to rent or buy movies. If you’ve received a Google Play code, you can use it to pay for the movie you want to view completely or cover a portion of the cost. The steps slightly vary depending on whether you’re using your phone or computer, so we’ve divided them into two sections.
How to Redeem a Movie Code on Google Play on a Mobile Device
Follow these steps to redeem a movie code on Google Play if you’re using your mobile phone:
- Open the Google Play app.
- Tap “Movies & TV” at the bottom.
- Choose the content you want to rent/buy.
- Select “Redeem code.”
- Enter your code and select “Redeem.”
How to Redeem a Movie Code on Google Play on a PC
If you’re using a computer and want to redeem a movie code, here’s what you need to do:
- Open your browser and go to Google Play.
- Select “Movies & TV” in the left menu.
- Select the title you want to rent/purchase.
- Press “Redeem code.”
- Enter the code and choose “Redeem.”
How to Redeem a Google Play Code From Another Country
Google Play codes are region-locked, which means you won’t be able to redeem one if you’ve received it from someone who isn’t in your country. Some users reported being able to redeem the codes but not being able to purchase anything with them.
One possible way to work around this is using a virtual private network (VPN) service. This service enables you to mask your IP address and “trick” Google Play into operating as if you’re in a different country. For example, if you want to redeem a code from the U.S., you should choose that region when configuring your VPN location. You’ll find plenty of VPN services on the internet. For most of them, you’ll need to purchase a subscription.
Once you set up the VPN location, you’ll need to clear the cache for Google Play and relaunch it, and you should now be able to redeem and use your code.
If you haven’t used a VPN already, this may sound a bit complicated. In the end, it may be more expensive to purchase a VPN subscription than simply give up the Google Play code.
Redeem the Code and Enjoy the Fun
Google Play gift cards are an excellent way to give the gift of fun and games to other Google users. If you’ve received a gift or a promo code, you can redeem it in a matter of seconds, with no credit card required. Plus, you can do it on both your phone and computer.
We hope this article helped you learn how to redeem a code in Google Play and that you’re now enjoying the fun content.
Have you ever purchased or redeemed a gift code in Google Play? Do you prefer using the platform on your phone or computer? Tell us in the comments section below.