How To Remove a Follower From Seeing Your Account in Instagram
There may come a time that you wish to remove certain followers from your Instagram profile for one reason or another. Fortunately, Instagram lets members remove unwanted followers. This article will discuss how to remove a follower and what other options are available for refining your viewing audience.
Removing a Follower
On occasion, you may gain an Instagram follower that you want to remove. This could be someone you were in a relationship with, a person you no longer want to see your Instagram activity or a spam account. Whatever the reason, removing followers is an option.
How to Remove an Instagram Follower on iOS
The method for removing an unwanted Instagram follower on an iPhone is straightforward. There are two methods to do so.
Here’s how to remove a follower by going to your Followers List:
- Launch the Instagram app by tapping the icon.
- In the bottom-right corner, click your “Profile photo.”
- In the upper part of the screen, select “Followers.”
- Scroll down and locate the account you wish to remove. If you know the account name, you can type it in the search box at the top of the screen.
- To remove a follower, press the “Remove” button next to their account name.
- Hit “Remove” to confirm.
To remove an unwanted follower directly from their account page, do the following:
- Open Instagram by tapping the icon.
- Click on the “Magnifying Glass” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Using the search field on the top of the screen, type in the name of the account you want to remove.
- Select the account.
- Press on the “Three dots” icon in the upper-right corner.
- Tap on “Remove follower.”
- Hit the red “Remove” button to confirm your choice.
There’s nothing else you need to do. The account you removed will no longer see your Instagram posts in their newsfeed. Plus, they won’t be notified that you removed them.
How to Remove an Instagram Follower on an Android Device
Removing a follower from your account on an Android is easy. You can remove them by finding their account in your Followers List, or by going directly to their account. All it takes is a few easy steps.
Here’s how to remove a follower by using your Followers List:
- Tap the “Instagram” icon to launch the app.
- Click on your “Profile Photo.”
- Press “Followers.”
- Scroll down and locate the account you wish to remove. If you know the name of the account, you can also type its name in the search box at the top of the screen.
- Located next to the account name, hit the “Remove” button.
- Click “Remove” again to confirm.
You can also remove a follower directly by doing so from their account page. To use this method, follow these instructions:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Select the “Magnifying Glass” icon and type in the name of the account you wish to remove.
- Click on the account name.
- Tap on the “Three dots” icon and choose “Remove follower.”
- Choose “Remove” to confirm.
Once you’ve removed a follower, they won’t be notified. However, removing them means your posts will no longer appear in their newsfeed.
How to Remove Instagram Followers on Browser
Removing an unwanted Instagram Follower using a browser on your laptop or desktop is equally as simple as doing so on a mobile device. The process is very similar, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to Instagram using your browser of choice.
- Access your profile by clicking on “Profile” on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Followers” at the top of your profile.
- Either search, or scroll to the follower which you would like to remove.
Your unwanted follower should now be removed. If you are a public profile and they continue to re-follow you despite being removed, there are a few solutions listed in the F.A.Q. section below.
Is there anything else I can do to ensure that an account can’t follow me on Instagram?
Yes. Removing a follower only stops them from seeing your uploads in their newsfeed. Although you’ve removed them, they can still view your account by going to your account page.
You have a few options to prevent this. The first is setting your account to private. This allows only your followers to view your content. Private accounts will not show up in any Instagram searches.
Your other option is to block the account. You can keep your profile set to public, but you can also block certain accounts. The steps to do so are identical to how you remove a follower. The difference is that instead of selecting “Remove,” you choose “Block.”
Removing Unwanted Follows From Instagram Explained
With a few taps, you can quickly remove an Instagram follower. This can be accomplished by either removing them from your “Followers” List or by going directly to their profile. What’s more, they won’t be notified that you’ve removed them. You can take things a step further by blocking an account so they are unable to see your posts or your profile. Blocking also ensures they can’t find you with an Instagram search.
Have you removed an Instagram follower? Did you use the methods discussed in this article? Leave a comment in the comments section below.