How to Write Bestsellers in Sims 4
Writing isn’t the best-paying career in Sims 4, but that’s only until you publish a couple of bestsellers in the Literary Digest. The best thing about this path is that it can be done entirely from home and alongside another career. Plus, maxing out your Writing Skill doesn’t take too much time compared to other skills.
If you’re wondering how to start publishing more bestsellers, we’re here to help. This guide will explain how to write bestsellers and become a Bestselling Author in Sims 4. Additionally, we’ll share cheats for completing this aspiration instantly and explain which traits are beneficial for a writer.
How to Write More Bestsellers Sims 4
Only Sims that have reached Writing Skill Level 9 can create bestsellers. Once you max out your skill, you can also complete the Bestselling Author Aspiration. To get started, follow the instructions below:
- Give your Sim the traits necessary for a writer: Creative, Art Lover, Perfectionist, Bookworm, or Genius. This can be done at the Sim creation stage or by modifying the traits of an existing Sim with cheats.
- Wait until your Sim gets inspired or focused. To get inspired, you can take a “Thoughtful Shower,” have some nice food, do Woo-Hoo, or browse the web for some art if your Sim has the Art Lover trait.
- Head to any computer and select the “Practice Writing” interaction.
- After practicing writing and reaching Writing Skill Level 1, you can start writing books. Do this by selecting the “Write a Book” interaction. Give your book a title and a description. At first, you’ll be only able to write children’s books. One book takes about four in-game hours to write, and you’ll need to write two books to become a Competent Wordsmith.
- Once you complete the two books from the previous step, you can start publishing books to earn royalties. Keep practicing to progress your Writing Skill. Write five good books to become a Novelest Novelist.
- Write five excellent books. To create excellent books, your Sim must be Very Inspired while writing.
- Publish ten good or excellent books. The requirement is easy to complete if you’ve kept all the books written in previous steps. Head to a mailbox and select the “Submit to Literary Digest” interaction. It only becomes available at Writing Skill Level 9, and you can submit books for publishing once a week.
- Wait until your Sim earns 25,000 in royalties from submitting their books to Literary Digest. Meanwhile, keep writing in a Very Inspired state until you create three bestsellers. Congratulations, you’ve become a Bestselling Author!
How To Use Cheats to Become a Best-Selling Author
Becoming a Bestselling Author in Sims 4 takes time and dedication. Thankfully, you can speed the process with cheats. Don’t worry; the game developers don’t mind it – in fact, the EA Games official website states that cheats are a significant part of the Sims 4 game. Follow the instructions below to become a Bestselling Author in the game instantly:
1. Use the “Ctrl + Shift + C” shortcut to bring up the cheat console.
2. Type in “
testingcheats true” and hit the “Enter” key to enable cheats.
3. Bring up the cheat console again and type in “
stats.set_skill_level major_writing 10” to max out your Writing Skill.
4. Optionally, type in “
traits.equip_trait Muser” or “
traits.equip_trait Poetic” to acquire traits available only after becoming a Bestselling Author.
Which Books Can I Write at Every Level of the Writing Skill in Sims 4?
Like real life, some genres in Sims 4 require more writing experience and knowledge than others. For this reason, your Sim will keep unlocking new book genres during their writing career progress. Here’s how it works:
1. At first, you will only be able to write children’s books.
2. At Writing Skill Level 2, you can start writing sad books when your Sim is in a sad emotional state.
3. At Level 3, you’ll gain the ability to write short stories, motivational and playful books. You will also learn to write excuse notes for your children when they miss school.
4. At Level 4, you can write poems and romantic books. To write good romantic books, your Sim should be in a Flirty state.
5. At Level 5, you’ll learn to write non-fiction books and recite love poetry.
6. At Level 6, you can start writing screenplays and move to Hollywood. You don’t necessarily have to do this to become a Bestselling Author, but this can lead to some interesting storylines.
7. At Level 7, you can write fantasy books.
8. At Level 8, you’ll learn to write science fiction books.
9. At Level 9, you can start writing mystery books and submitting your work to Literary Digest.
10. At Level 10, you’ll learn to write the type of book with the best pay – a biography.
Which Traits Are Best for a Writer-Sim?
Your choice of traits significantly affects your chances of becoming a Bestselling Author in Sims 4. The Creative trait will ensure that your Sim often gets Inspired, which helps to write better books and complete the achievement quicker. The Bookworm trait can also improve the quality of your Sim’s books, as they will get a happy moodlet every time they start writing.
With the Art Lover trait, your Sim can browse the web looking at art and get Inspired more often. Sims with the Perfectionist trait take longer to write books, but they are more likely to publish an excellent book or a bestseller. Lastly, the Genius trait makes your Sim more Focused, which is also beneficial for writing books.
Which Traits Can I Acquire After Becoming a Bestselling Author?
The Bestselling Author achievement comes with certain perks – your Sim can become a Muser or Poetic. With the Muser trait, your Sim can gain any creative skill faster. So, the more you write, the more bestsellers you’ll publish, and the more royalties you’ll earn.
The Poetic trait is much more exciting, though, as it gives you the ability to write The Book of Life. This book can bring back Sims that have recently passed away or fill the needs bar of live Sims.
Words Are Magic
Hopefully, our guide has helped you become a Bestselling Author in Sims 4. As you can see, apart from bringing in good money, this aspiration has some fun perks. Who wouldn’t want to resurrect others? Remember that you should capture a Sim’s biography before they die, though.
Which traits do you find the most beneficial for a writer Sim? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.