How to Turn Off Demo Mode on a Sony TV
Sony TV’s “demo” or “retail” mode is designed to advertise its leading features in-store. Using high brightness and contrast to ensure the visuals pop under the harsh lighting of retail environments.
The demo is an endless loop that, thankfully, can be exited. If you want to know how to turn off the demo mode, we’ve provided the steps.
We explain how to do this for Android-powered and other TVs, how to do it without a remote, and other related Sony TV tips we think you’ll find useful.
How to Exit Demo Mode on a Sony TV
The methods to exit demo mode differ slightly depending on the TV series and generation – though not by much. To exit it from an Android-powered TV:
- Press the “Home” button on the supplied remote.
- On the screen, select “Settings.”
- Then complete the on-screen steps, depending on your TV:
- Choose “Device Preferences,” “Retail mode settings,” then set “Demo mode” and “Picture reset mode” options to “Off”; or
- Choose “Retail mode settings,” then set the “Demo mode” and “Picture reset mode” options to “Off.”
To exit from other models:
- On your remote, press the “Home” button.
- From the top right, select “Settings.”
- Beneath “Settings,” choose “Preferences” or “System Settings.”
- Beneath “Preferences,” click on the “Shop Front Display” setting. Or
- Beneath “System Settings,” select “General Set-up.”
- Now set “Demo Mode” and “Picture Reset Mode” to “Off.”
How to Turn Off Demo Mode Without a Remote on a Sony TV
To turn off demo mode without a remote, try the following:
- Somewhere along the edge of the TV, there should be a “Menu” button, with a “+” and a “-“ button. On some models, the power button is also a menu button.
- Press the “Menu” button. To cycle through the menu options, press either the “+” or “-“ buttons until you get to the “Demo Mode” option.
- Press the “Menu” button to select your option and use the “+” or “-“ buttons again to cycle through the On and Off settings.
How Do You Turn Off the Banners on the Sony Bravia TV?
The info banners on the screen are designed to disappear after 30 seconds. They can be hidden by:
1. Pressing the “Home” button on the supplied remote.
2. Select “Settings,” “Preferences,” then “Setup.”
3. Choose “Info Banner” and select “Hidden.”
4. To display less information, select “Small.”
Sony Demo Mode Exited
Sony’s demo mode essentially shows off how cool the TV is with a presentation of its main features. Using exaggerated high brightness and contrast to get the message across no longer serves its purpose once you get the TV home. Luckily, it’s rather easy to switch the demo off.
Did the demo persuade you to make your purchase? Were you successful in turning the mode off? What do you enjoy most about your Sony Bravia TV? We’d love to hear all about your experience in the comments section below.