How to Change or Add Text in TikTok
If you use TikTok often, you might want to add or change the text on different parts of your videos. Maybe you want to jazz things up, or perhaps you saw some funky text that would be perfect for your latest creation. Whatever the reason, you’ll be pleased to know that it’s a relatively straightforward process.
This article will tell you everything you need to know about adding or changing text in TikTok.
How to Add Text to Your Videos on TikTok
From the edit menu, you can add any effects including text to your videos. After you have recorded your video, do the following to directly add the text you want:
- In your video edit menu in TikTok, select the “Text” icon on the top right.
- Type in the text you want to add to your video.
- Select the desired font or color via the dropdown menus.
- Use the alignment bar to place the text.
- Cycle through the available caption styles by pressing the “A” button repeatedly, or hold it for more options.
- Click on “Done” once you’re happy with how the text looks.
- To place your text on specific parts of your video, drag it where you want it to be.
- Select “Next” and you will be directed to the uploading menu.
- You can then draft or upload your video.
You can also use these steps to add text to each stitched video. And you could use each separate text box as separate stickers or elements to add lots of different text on your TikTok video.
How to Edit Your TikTok Video Text
Before you upload and post your TikTok video, you can edit the text:
- Select the text you added.
- Choose “Edit” in your popup choices.
- Change your caption if required.
- Select “Done” when you’re satisfied with your edits.
Editing the Duration of Text in Your TikTok Video
You can customize how long text will show on your video. Alternatively, you can also make the text change at different stages of the video. And you can choose where you’d like your text to first appear in your TikTok video. Here are steps for how to edit the duration of your text in your TikTok video:
- Select the text you want to change.
- Choose “Set duration” in your options.
- To set the time frame for the text, drag the time slider found at the bottom of your screen either to your right or left.
- Click on the “Play” button which will e above the time slider, and you can see how your text looks in your TikTok video.
- When you’re happy with how the text appears in your TikTok video, click on the “Checkmark” symbol in the lower right corner.
Convert Your Text to Speech in Your TikTok Video
All the text you have added to your TikTok video can easily be converted to speech using TikTok’s text-to-speech converter. The converter helps you turn any text on your video into a robotic voice narration.
Here are some possible reasons you may consider using this feature:
- If you’d like to be anonymous, are shy, or don’t like how you speak, you may not be keen on using your own voice in your videos.
- Some of the people who view your video may have issues with their sight or they may struggle with reading, and the text-to-speech feature will help them connect or interact with your content.
- With both written text and text-to-speech, your video will become more accessible to a variety of users. As such, you’ll find that your TikTok videos will receive more interactions.
- You could add more spark to your TikTok content with humor or drama by using the text-to-speech feature.
How to Use the Text-to-Speech Feature on Your TikTok Video
Using this awesome feature is super easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- To create your video, click on the “+” button on the bottom of the screen.
- Create/record your video and go to editing.
- When you’re directed to the next screen, click on the “text” option at the bottom.
- Type your text, ensuring it’s not too long or it will be cut off.
- Select and drag your text box to where you’d like it to show on the video.
- Turn the “Text-to-speech” box on by selecting the text box and selecting the “Text-to-speech” option from the menu.
Your TikTok video will then have the robotic voice narrating your video. If you like, you can duplicate the feature within the video at different times and with different text.
Why You Should Add Text to Your TikTok Videos
Adding text to your TikTok videos helps viewers connect with your content in a deeper way. It also helps people with hearing disabilities understand the context and information in your TikTok video. Let’s dive into why you should add text to your TikTok videos.
Ensures Your Video Has More Content
Not all videos work well with just audio or voiceovers. For videos that contain recipes, for example, you can include additional details on the screen that are too specific to say.
Adding Text Makes Your Content Inclusive
If someone forgets their earphones but want to watch your TikTok videos on silent whilst commuting for example, they can follow along easily with the video text. This is also applicable for people who have hearing disabilities. Some non-native viewers understand written English better spoken words.
Creates Better Sequencing
Most great videos have a start, middle, and conclusion. Adding text to your TikTok video will make the important sequences in your video more impactful and memorable, as well as helping viewers understand your content. If your TikTok video assists people with solving any issues, use text to highlight this and capture viewer attention from the onset. Also, if you’re appealing to a specific demographic, mention them using text, so they know you’re targeting them.
Allows for Marketing Opportunities
If you’re using TikTok to market brands or products, placing text in your videos can give viewers more important information, like product features and selling points.
Make Your TikTok Videos More Dynamic
TikTok’s text-editing features are a cut above the competition. You can add text at different stages of your video, change the duration of the text, and there’s even a text-to-speech option. All of this can help take your videos to the next level.
Have you ever changed the text in your TikTok videos? If so, did you use any of the tips and tricks featured in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.