How To Use Gmail Without a Phone Number
If you want to create a new Gmail account, Google may ask you for a phone number verification. This was optional in the past, but recently Google has made it mandatory. If you don’t want Google to have it or maybe you’re just not into sharing your phone number. You’re probably looking for another way to create an account that will keep your phone number off the google grid.
If you’re looking for more Gmail tutorials, we have them available here.
Luckily for you, there are still many ways to bypass this and create a new Gmail without the use of your phone number. So, if for some reason you don’t want to enter your phone number, you may use one of these solutions.
Keep in mind, we tested these methods in January of 2021 and we were able to create Gmail accounts without phone numbers.
How Can I Create a Gmail Account Without Verification?
There are multiple ways you can create a Gmail account without verification. One of the easiest ways to do this is through the Gmail app because no matter how you sign up you can opt-out of giving a phone number for verification. Another way is to input your age as 15, as Gmail will assume you don’t have your own phone number yet.
Keep in mind that although these steps do work, sometimes when you sign in to another computer, or if you sign in for a second time, the app will ask you for your phone number. To avoid this, add another e-mail for verification before you sign-in again so it can ask for that e-mail. Add another e-mail with the age being 15 – and you’re good to go!
When all else fails, you can use a phone number duping software. This way, Gmail has a phone number that isn’t yours.
Below are the steps you can use to sign up for Gmail without a phone number.
Create a Gmail on Your Android or IOS Device
If you have an Android or iPhone device, you can create a new Gmail account via the ‘Settings’ app. This way you can bypass Google asking you for your phone number.
- Go to the Settings app from the home screen.
- Find the Mail section.
- Tap on Accounts.
- Select Add Account.
- Tap Google.
- Tap on Create Account.
- Follow the prompts and input your information. When it asks fro your phone number, scroll down and hit skip.
- After that it will ask you to review your account info. Check and make sure that everything is how you want it and then tap next.
- Lastly accept the terms and conditions
- Go to the Settings app.
- Find the Accounts menu.
- Select Add account.
- Choose Google.
- Put in your information and when you come to the prompt asking for your phone number, scroll down and select skip.
- Then it will ask you to review your account info. If everything looks correct, tap next.
- Finally, accept the terms and conditions.
After this, you won’t have to add any further information. You can use your new email and you won’t need to verify any phone numbers.
Set Your Age to 15
This is another useful trick to bypass phone verification. If you’re 15 years or younger, Google would assume that you still don’t have a cell phone of your own. You’ll just have to set up a different birth year. To do so, you should:
NOTE: This option will only work if you sign out of your other g-mail accounts. If you don’t, it won’t ask for your birthday and assume your birthday is the same as your previous e-mails. You could also use another browser.
- Open your browser.
- Go to Gmail.
- Click on the Create account option at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose For Myself or For Business.
- Enter your account information and a new email address and click Next.
- Set your birth year to 15 years before the current. For example, if it’s 2021, you should set your birth year to 2006.
- Leave the mobile phone bar blank and click Next.
- Agree to terms and conditions.
Note: If you see the screen asking for your phone number with no way around it, you don’t need to enter anything in the field. Instead, populate a secondary email address, add your birthday, and click the option to continue.
This does work, but make sure you keep your age under 18 or they may ask you for a phone number in the future. Also, if you want to add a security option like another e-mail, create another e-mail where you’re under 15 and add that one instead.
Use a Dummy Number
A dummy number is an online service that you can use to verify your accounts via mobile number. You can use one of the phone numbers from these websites instead of your own.
Then, Gmail will send a verifying key to this number and you’ll be able to read it and type it in.
Some of these websites are:
Keep in mind that you’ll be able to use this phone number just once. So, if you set your phone number to be your only recovery option, you might permanently lose your email account.
Can you use the Same Phone Number for Multiple Gmail Accounts?
Yes. If you’re signing up with a real number you can use it multiple times to sign up for different Gmail accounts. If you are using one of the spoofed tactics we’ve listed above you may not be able to use that phone number multiple times.
Although adding your phone number to your Gmail account has several benefits, if you’re having issues with the above-listed steps there are a few things to consider trying.
Assuming you have a phone number but you don’t want it attached to your Gmail you can remove it in the settings once the account is set up –
- Visit your account settings and click on your profile icon in the upper right-hand corner. Click ‘Manage Your Google Account’ then click ‘Personal Info’ located on the left-hand side. Once there you can click the trash can and remove your phone number.
Ensure you’re name and username are legitimate –
- Google introduced phone number verification to keep robots and spammers from creating accounts. If you’re using Imarobot123 as a username, the above-listed tactics may not work.
Ensure that you are following the above-listed steps –
- Many users have reported that these methods are not working for them. It may be as simple as scrolling down and selecting ‘Skip’ from the phone number page.
Adding your phone number to your Gmail account adds security and Google doesn’t sell your personal information. If you don’t have a phone number or you don’t want to use yours, these options will work for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a phone number required to set up a Gmail account?
No. Because Google allows younger users to create an email account, they do not require a phone number. You may need to create a secondary email address for verification codes and protect your account, which you can do during the setup process or from the Settings once your account is created.u003cbru003e
Can I secure my email address without a phone number?
Absolutely! But, you will need a secondary email address that is also secure in order to secure your account properly. You can also request verification codes and store them safely to log into unknown devices.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eFinally, if you’re using the email address on a device, and try to sign in with a new device, Google will send an account access prompt to the device with your Gmail account.