How To Check Airpods Battery & Maintain Battery Health
AirPods have completely changed the way we enjoy music. The time of tangled up cables and earbuds that fall out is finally over. Bluetooth headphones are way more practical and comfortable to use.
If you are new to AirPods, you will have to get used to checking their battery levels regularly. If you don’t charge them on time, you could end up having to sit through a long train/plane ride without your favorite music. Below, you will find the easiest way of checking battery levels on your AirPods.
Easiest Ways to Check AirPod Batteries
The best thing about AirPods is that they charge quickly. Fifteen minutes of charging will give you three hours of listening to your favorite songs. It’s critical to know when to charge them, so keep your eye on the battery levels. There are a few different ways to tell how much juice is left in the AirPods.
Checking AirPods Battery Life with an iPhone or iPad
Checking your AirPod battery levels is the easiest thing to do. You first have to connect the pods with your iPhone via Bluetooth.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone and select Bluetooth.
- Hold the AirPods case close to your iPhone.
- Open the case.
- Now, tap Connect when the option becomes available.
Checking the Batteries on Paired AirPods
If your AirPods are already paired with your device, checking the battery levels is even easier. Here is what you do:
- Hold the AirPod case near your phone.
- Open the case and wait for a couple of seconds for the charge status to become visible on your screen.
Note: If the charge status doesn’t pop up, close and re-open the case again.
- The battery status will show up, and it will tell you the battery levels of your AirPods and the case too.
Using the iPhone’s Widget Page to Check AirPods Battery Life
Your iPhone’s widget page can tell you how much battery is left in your AirPods.
- Swipe from left to right to access the widget page.
- Scroll down and tap Edit at the bottom of the page.
- Find the Batteries widget.
- Tap the + icon left of the widget.
- Place the widget at the top of the page for quicker access.
- Tap Done in the top-right corner. The changes are now saved.
- Scroll up to the Batteries widget.
- You can now check the battery life of your AirPods as long as they are paired with your iPhone.
Checking AirPods Battery Life with the AirPods Case
The AirPods case has a tiny battery indicator. Here’s how to tell the battery level using the case.
- Open the AirPods case all the way.
- Place the AirPods into the case.
- The battery indicator is located between the earbuds. If the light is green or amber, you still have some juice left.
- The green light tells you that the batteries are fully charged. Amber means your AirPods are somewhat depleted.
Checking AirPods Battery Life with a Mac
If you want to know exactly how much battery is left, you will need to open your Mac’s Bluetooth menu. First, you’ll need to connect your Airpods to your Mac.
Then, do this to check the battery life:
- Click the Bluetooth icon in the upper-right corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Check your AirPods Battery Life.
How to Save AirPods Battery Life
There is nothing worse than the AirPods running out of batteries when you are far away from a charger. That is why you have to make sure you save battery life whenever you are not using them. Here are some useful tips to make sure your s are always working.
- Keep the AirPods in Their Case
You should place your AirPods back into their case when you are not using them. The case will charge them, so you know that they are ready for use when you need them.
- Don’t Open and Close the Case Too Often
If you open and close the AirPods case frequently, it will lose battery life. You should open it only when you take the earbuds out or put them back inside. The case will drain the battery if it’s left open.
- Charge Your AirPods on Your Mac Computer
Sure, you can charge your AirPods anywhere, but they will charge the quickest when plugged into your Mac computer.
- Reset Your AirPods to Fix Battery Draining
Your AirPods case may lose battery due to some issue. If the AirPods drain quicker than usual, reset them by holding down the setup button on the bottom of your AirPods case. Hold it for about 15 seconds and reconnect it to your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve included this section to answer more questions about the Airpods battery health.
Can I see the AirPod battery health on an Android device?
Apple’s Airpods are both comfortable and reliable. That’s why even Android users will pair the little buds. Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t offer an official solution to check your AirPods battery from an Android device. But, there are third-party apps like AirBattery and PodAir that you can download to see the AirPods’ battery life.
What do I do if my Airpods aren’t charging?
If only one Bud isn’t charging, the first thing you’ll want to do is check for debris in the AirPods case. Use a Q-Tip or another soft tool to gently cling the prongs in the AirPod slot to ensure your bud is getting a good connection.
If your AirPod case isn’t charging, check the charging port for any debris. You can use a flashlight to inspect the port, then gently use tweezers or a Q-Tip to remove anything blocking the prongs.
If you’ve tried removing debris and they still aren’t charging, you can contact Apple. The company sells replacement buds and charging cases for those who don’t have warranty coverage.
Charge Your AirPods Before Leaving the House
Now that you know how to see your AirPods battery levels, we advise you to charge the case before leaving the house. That way, you will know for sure that you’ll get the most out of your earbuds. Bring your charging cable along, just if you need to recharge the case.
Share your experience with AirPods below.