How To View the Battery Percentage Remaining of Your AirPods
AirPods have completely changed the way we enjoy music. The time of tangled up cables and earbuds that fall out all the time is finally over. Bluetooth headphones are way more practical and comfortable to use.
If you are new to AirPods, you will have to get used to checking their battery levels regularly. If you don’t charge them on time, you could end up having to sit through a long train/plane ride without your favorite music. Below, you will find the easiest way of checking battery levels on your AirPods.
Easiest Ways to Check AirPod Batteries
The best thing about AirPods is that they charge quickly. 15 minutes of charging will give you three hours of listening to your favorite songs. It’s critical to know when it’s time to charge them, so keep your eye on the battery levels. There are a few different ways to tell how much juice is left in the AirPods.
Checking AirPods Battery Life with an iPhone or iPad
Checking your AirPod battery levels is the easiest thing to do. You first have to connect the pods with your iPhone via Bluetooth.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone and select Bluetooth.
- Hold the AirPods case close to your iPhone.
- Open the case.
- Now, tap Connect when the option becomes available.
Checking the Batteries on Already Paired AirPods
If your AirPods are already paired with your device, checking the battery levels is even easier. Here is what you do:
- Hold the AirPod case near your phone.
- Open the case and wait for a couple of seconds for the charge status to become visible on your screen.
- If the charge status doesn’t pop up, close and re-open the case once more.
- The battery status will show up, and it will tell you the battery levels of your AirPods and the case too.
Using the iPhone’s Widget Page to Check AirPods Battery Life
Your iPhone’s widget page can tell you how much battery is left in your AirPods.
- Swipe from left to right to access the widget page.
- Scroll down and tap Edit at the bottom of the page.
- Find the Batteries widget.
- Tap the + icon left of the widget.
- Place the widget to the top of the page so you can access it easier.
- Tap Done in the top-right corner. The changes are now saved.
- Scroll up to the Batteries widget.
- You can now check the battery life of your AirPods as long as they are paired with your iPhone.
Checking AirPods Battery Life with the AirPods Case
The AirPods case has a tiny battery indicator. Here’s how to tell the battery level using the case.
- Open the AirPods case all the way.
- Place the AirPods into the case.
- The battery indicator is located between the earbuds. If the light is green, or amber, you still have some juice left.
- The green light tells you that the batteries are fully charged. Amber means your AirPods are somewhat depleted.
Checking AirPods Battery Life with a Mac
If you want to know exactly how much battery is left, you will need to open your Mac’s Bluetooth menu.
- Click the Bluetooth icon in the upper-right corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Turn it on.
- Wait for the AirPods to appear.
- Hover with your mouse over the AirPods icon to reveal the battery level.
How to Save AirPods Battery Life
There is nothing worse than the AirPods running out of batteries when you are far away from a charger. That is why you have to make sure you save battery life whenever you are not using them. Here are some useful tips to make sure your s are always working.
- Keep the AirPods in Their Case
You should place your AirPods back into their case when you are not using them. The case will charge them, so you know that they are ready for use when you need them.
- Don’t Open and Close the Case Too Often
If you open and close the AirPods case frequently, it will lose battery life. You should open it only when you take the earbuds out or when you put them back inside. The case will drain the battery if it’s left open.
- Charge Your AirPods on Your Mac Computer
Sure, you can charge your AirPods anywhere, but they will charge the quickest when plugged into your Mac computer.
- Reset Your AirPods to Fix Battery Draining
Your AirPods case may lose battery due to some issue. If the AirPods drain quicker than usual, reset them by holding down the setup button on the bottom of your AirPods case. Hold it for about 15 seconds and reconnect it to your device.
Charge Your AirPods Before Leaving the House
Now that you know how to see your AirPods battery levels, we advise you to always charge the case before you leave the house. That way, you will know for sure that you’ll get the most of your earbuds. Bring your charging cable along, just in case you need to recharge the case.
Share your experience with AirPods below.