How To View Your Friends in Venmo
Have you ever been out to lunch with a friend and wanted to split the bill? Or maybe you need to pay your half of the rent, but are unsure if your roommate uses Venmo. Fortunately, there’s a relatively easy way to find out. This article will show you the in’s and out’s of searching for your friends on Venmo.
Viewing your friends using Venmo on your PC is quick and straightforward. But please note that you won’t be able to send or receive funds while using Venmo on a PC. For that service, you’ll need to use the mobile app.
Here’s how to view your friends on a PC:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the “Search” tab near the left side of the screen. Type your friend’s name, email address, or phone number.
If they don’t appear, it’s likely that they do not have a Venmo account.
Viewing your friends on Venmo using your iPhone is simple, as the app was designed for a smartphone. Not only will you be able to view your friends but, send and receive funds, and use all of the app’s features.
To view your friends from an iPhone, simply follow these steps:
- Launch the Venmo app on your iPhone by tapping on the Venmo icon.
- Tap the window at the very top of the screen that says “People and Businesses.”
- Type your friend’s name, email address, or phone number in the window.
If your friend’s name doesn’t appear, it’s likely they don’t have a Venmo account.
Viewing your friends on Venmo using your Android is just as easy as viewing them on a PC or iPhone. By following the easy steps listed below, you can quickly see if your friends have a Venmo account so you can send or receive money from them.
- Launch the Venmo app on your Android by tapping on the Venmo icon.
- Go to the main menu by tapping the three vertical lines in the upper-left corner.
- Next, select “Search People.”
- Type your friend’s name, email address, or phone number.
If your friend’s name doesn’t appear, they don’t have a Venmo account.
What if I need to send my friend money but they aren’t on Venmo?
This issue is resolved quite easily. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
1. Open your Venmo app on a smartphone.
2. Tap the “Pay or Request” button.
3. Type in your friend’s name, email address, or phone number.
4. Type in the amount you need to pay them and select “Pay.”
Your friend will then receive an email indicating that you’ve sent them money. They will immediately be prompted to download the Venmo app so that they can receive your payment. It’s that easy!
How quickly will my friend receive money from Venmo?
When you send your friend a Venmo payment, they will be notified within minutes. However, that money is simply being held in their Venmo account, not their bank account. But for you, you’ve already made the payment to them and there’s nothing else you’ll need to do.
You now know how to view your friends in Venmo from your PC, iPhone, and Android. Each method is simple, quick, and easy to execute. Now you know how to pay your part of the lunch bill or portion of the rent. Even if they haven’t yet opened a Venmo account of their own, you can still send them money.
Have you ever tried to view a friend on Venmo? If so, did you use the same methods outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.