How to View Your Own Likes on Instagram
Most users on Instagram have built up a long list of “Likes” they made to other people’s posts.
You can still see your own “likes” on other posts through your account, even though Instagram is gradually eliminating like counts on posts worldwide. So, how do you see what you have liked? This article explains why you would want to review your old “Likes,” how to view them, and what you can do with them.
Why View Your “Liked” History on Instagram?
There are many reasons why you may wish to revisit content you’ve liked. They may provide helpful information such as timetables and significant updates. You may want to go back and read all of the new comments because they offer exciting discussions. You may even want to remove your like based on current affairs or situations.
How to View Your Like History on Instagram
Viewing your “Like” history for other people’s posts is relatively simple. With a few taps in the app, you can see what you’ve liked, up to the last 300 likes.
View Instagram posts you’ve liked using Chrome, Opera, or Other Browsers using Chromium
As of June 19, 2022, no extension works for viewing likes in a browser because Instagram is undergoing changes that affect extension functionality. Whether or not they changed their APIs used by third parties or found ways to restrict third-party access is unknown. It could also be the recent useability changes.
In any case, we only found one that partially worked and now isn’t working, for the most part. The Chrome extension is Layoutify. Feel free to try it, but the latest comments say it doesn’t work for likes and saves.
“Layoutify” Chrome Extension for Chrome
The developer of Layoutify tends to keep up with any changes Instagram makes, but it does experience hiccups at random times. In other words, this extension is updated regularly, unlike many extensions that are well over a year old since their last update. Here’s how to use it, but remember, it may not work when you try it.
- Open Chrome and go to the Instagram website. Log in if needed.
- Open a new tab and go to the Layoutify extension page.
- Click on “Add to Chrome.”
- In the popup window, select “Add extension.”
- Return to the Instagram tab and click on the “Refresh icon.” The page now changes to the Layoutify interface.
- Click on the “three horizontal dots” in the top-right section to open your like activity. You may need to refresh the page or click on the “Likes” link at the top.
- To view a page you liked, click on the posted date/time link in the post’s top-right section or click the “heart icon” to unlike it.
If Layoutify doesn’t work to display the content you liked, leave it for a few days or click on “Remove from Chrome” on the store page.
How to View Instagram Posts You Liked from the iPhone App
You first need to install the app on your iPhone and sign in to see the posts you’ve liked on Instagram. The steps to see your likes include the following:
- Tap on your “profile icon” in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the “three horizontal lines” in the top-right corner.
- Choose “Your activity” from the settings options.
- Tap on “Interactions” within the “Your Activity” menu.
- Choose “Likes” within the “Interactions” menu.
- You will see all the posts you’ve liked recently, and you can now tap on any of them to view the post or unlike it.
If you remember the username of the person that made the post you’d like to revisit, you could search for the username in the search bar, open the profile, and scroll until you find the post. Depending on your activity level, that might be a few days or a few years. This option comes in handy when the liked post exceeds the 300 count limit.
How to View Instagram Posts You Liked from the Android App
Soon after Instagram launched for the iPhone, the Android version came out. If you have the app downloaded and signed in, the steps to see the posts you’ve liked are pretty much the same as for the iPhone.
- Tap on your “profile icon” located in the bottom-right corner.
- In the top-right corner, tap on the “three horizontal lines” (Settings).
- Select the “Your activity” option from the settings menu.
- Tap on “Interactions.”
- Select “Likes” from the “Interactions” menu.
- All posts you’ve liked recently (up to the last 300) appear. Tap on any of them to view the post or unlike it.
Keep in mind that you can only see the latest 300 posts. Use the search box for older posts you’ve liked, but you need to remember who posted it or remember keywords in the topic.
How to View Instagram Posts You Liked from a PC
Most people use a phone for Instagram, but you can also view what you’ve liked from your PC, including Windows, Linux, Chromebook, and Mac. You can’t see the posts you liked in a browser directly. Still, you can potentially view them using a browser extension, assuming the developer keeps up with Instagram changes and updates. You can also see what you’ve liked if an Instagram app is available for your OS. In addition, you can view posts you’ve liked using an emulator that simulates Android or iOS.
View Instagram posts you’ve liked using Windows
Like iOS and Android, Windows has an actual Instagram app in the Microsoft Store, which is your best option to view posts you liked. However, you can also install an Android or iOS emulator like BlueStacks (Android) and install the app there. Regarding browser extensions, Layoutify was one Chrome extension that provided your history of liked posts on Instagram. Currently, the changes made to Instagram are causing the extension not to work effectively. When we tried it on June 19, 2022, the “Likes” and “Saved” pages displayed nothing, and the latest reviews state that it is not working to see the pages you liked.
View Instagram posts you’ve liked using Mac
When it comes to mac, you have several options to view your liked Instagram history, including browser extensions (see separate section on browsers above), App Store apps, and Android/iOS emulators. The best option for Mac is to use “Grids – For Instagram” from the App Store.
App: ‘Grids – For Instagram’ for Mac
- Click on your “profile icon” at the top.
- Select the “Liked” link in the navigation menu below the profile section.
- Browse through the posts you liked and click on them to view them or remove the “Like.”
View Instagram posts you’ve liked using Linux
Linux does not have an app store, but you can try using the Chrome “Layoutify” extension (see details in the browser section above). You can also try installing an Android or iOS emulator and installing Instagram there.
View Instagram posts you’ve liked using Chromebook
Chromebook obviously uses the Chrome browser by default. Therefore, you can try the “Layoutify” extension, but remember that it currently appears to not work due to Instagram updates (June 19, 2022). However, it is best to use the Instagram app if your Chromebook supports the Play Store.
In closing, it only takes a few simple steps to access posts you’ve liked in the past. Keep in mind that you can only see the past 300 liked posts. So, if you don’t remember the username of the profile that posted the photo or if you haven’t saved the post, you may not be able to find it easily.
FAQs: Instagram Likes
How can I see the Instagram Likes I’ve received on my post?
The steps to see the likes you’ve gotten are as follows:
1. Go to your profile.
2. Tap the post you would like to check.
3. Under the photo, you will see the number of likes you have, or you will see one username and “others” written depending on your location.
4. Click on the “number of likes” or “others,” whichever appears for you.
5. A list of accounts that liked your post will appear.
6. Now, you can scroll down to see all the likes or use the search bar to check if specific users have liked your post.
You will get a notification for every new like if you’ve just uploaded a new photo. On the top right corner is a heart icon. A heart will appear under this icon whenever someone likes your post. You can tap on it to see all the recent activity on your profile, including likes, comments, and follows.
How can I prevent somebody from liking my picture?
You can either block somebody’s account or set your profile to a “Private” account.
By blocking somebody, they won’t be able to interact with your profile in any way. To do so, go to the user’s profile, tap on the three dots in the top right corner, and select “Block.”
Changing your account to a private one allows you to control who can follow you, and only your followers can see your posts. To change your profile to a private account, follow these steps:
1. Select the “three lines” in the top-right section of your profile page.
2. Go to “Settings” and then “Account.”
3. Tap on “Switch to private Account.”
Can I see what other users have liked?
Older versions of Instagram had a special tab to see what the people you follow have liked, but this feature got removed. Now, you can only see if somebody you followed has liked a specific post in the same way you can see if somebody liked one of your posts.
Can I delete someone’s like from my post?
There is no direct way to remove likes from your posts. The only thing you can do is block the user, and the likes will automatically get removed.