How to Create a Playlist in Wallpaper Engine
Are you tired of looking at the same wallpapers on your computer screen? If so, Wallpaper Engine might be just what you need. It allows you to use and create thousands of interesting wallpapers that you can also share with friends.
If you’re interested in learning how to make a playlist in Wallpaper Engine, you’ve come to the right place. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to do it and discuss other interesting features of the app.
How to Make a Playlist in Wallpaper Engine
- If you haven’t already, download and install Wallpaper Engine. For this purpose, you’ll also need a Steam account.
- Browse wallpapers and find the ones you like.
- Select wallpapers that you want to add to your playlist by marking the checkbox at the top-right corner. You’ll see the wallpapers showing up under “Playlist,” with the number of wallpapers you added.
- Once you’re done, tap the floppy disk icon to save your playlist.
- You’ll see a pop-up asking you to name your playlist and add a hotkey, i.e., a shortcut that you can use to access it.
- When you’re done, tap “Ok.”
You can create as many playlists as you want. When you want to switch to a different wallpaper playlist, simply use the key combination you assigned to it.
How to Make a Slideshow in Wallpaper Engine
Wallpaper Engine offers numerous settings you can use to customize your playlist. One of them is turning your playlist into a slideshow. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Wallpaper Engine.
- Under “Playlist,” select the one you want to turn into a slideshow.
- Tap the gear icon to open the playlist settings.
- Under “Change Wallpaper,” choose “On a timer.”
- Select the preferred time after which you want the wallpaper to change.
- Choose if you want the wallpapers to change randomly or in order.
- Tap “Ok” once you’re done.
- Go to your desktop and press the key combination you assigned to the playlist. Depending on the time you chose, you’ll see the wallpapers change.
How to Make a Preset in Wallpaper Engine
If you added a wallpaper to your playlist, but you’d like to make a few changes, you’ll be happy to know that Wallpaper Engine allows you to customize it. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Select the wallpaper you want to customize.
- On the right side, you’ll see different options you can use to customize your wallpaper. You can choose the scheme color and the background accent. Also, you can adjust the playback rate and flip the wallpaper. If you want advanced color options, tap “Show color options.” Here, you can adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, and hue shift.
- Once you’re done, tap “Ok.”
You can create universal settings for all wallpapers by tapping “Apply to all wallpapers.”
How to Add a Preset to a Playlist
If you’ve created a preset for one of the wallpapers in your playlist, you can use it instead of the original version by following the steps below:
- Under “Playlist,” right-click on the wallpaper and tap “Choose preset.”
- Choose the preset you want.
- Tap “Ok.”
- Once you’ve chosen a preset instead of the original wallpaper, you’ll see its name written on the wallpaper icon.
How to Set a Screensaver in Wallpaper Engine
The original purpose of screensavers was to protect monitors of the time from screen burn-in. Due to the development of new technology, this doesn’t happen anymore and screensavers are mostly for aesthetic purposes these days. Wallpaper Engine allows you to enjoy all the beautiful wallpapers and set them as screensavers.
If you want to set a screensaver in Wallpaper Engine, follow the steps below:
- Open Wallpaper Engine, hover over the “Installed” tab, and tap “Configure Screensaver.”
- Windows screensaver settings will open automatically. Here, open the drop-down list and select “Wallpaper Engine” as your screensaver. Also, you can customize after what time the screensaver appears.
- Tap “Apply.”
- Tap “Ok.”
- Hover over the “Installed” tab again and tap “Configure Screensaver.” By default, Wallpaper Engine will use active wallpapers as screensavers. If you want to change this, tap the “Configured separately” tab. Within this tab, you can customize your screensaver.
- Tap “Ok.”
If the screensaver isn’t working properly, check your computer settings. You can’t change the screen timeout or any other screensaver settings in Wallpaper Engine.
Where Are Wallpaper Engine Playlists Stored?
Your Wallpaper Engine Playlists are stored in Program Files and named “config.json.” Here’s how to access them: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\wallpaper_engine
I Can’t See My Chosen Wallpaper. What Should I Do?
The most common reason for this is that you’re in high contrast mode. When this option is enabled, Windows will shut down wallpapers.
Here’s how you can turn off high contrast mode:
1. Open the Start menu and type “Control panel.” Open Control Panel.
2. Tap “Ease of Access.”
3. Tap “Ease of Access Center.”
4. Mark the checkbox in front of “Turn on or off High Contrast when left ALT + left SHIFT + PRINT SCREEN is pressed.”
5. Tap “Apply” and then “Ok.”
6. Return to your desktop, right-click and tap “Personalize.”
7. Tap “Colors” and then tap “High Contrast settings.”
8. Switch the toggle button to turn it off.
If this isn’t the source of your problem, check other apps you’re using. Although Wallpaper Engine usually works well with other apps, some of them may modify it. Apps such as Stardock’s DeskScapes affect Wallpaper Engine, so it’s not possible to run both simultaneously. In this case, you may have to make a choice between the two.
Dress Up Your Computer With Wallpaper Engine
An interesting wallpaper will definitely make your computer look different. If you’re interested in exploring thousands of available wallpapers, Wallpaper Engine is the right program for you. You can create playlists and slideshows of your favorite ones. Besides customizing wallpapers, this app enables you to set up screensavers, too.
We hope you’ve learned how to make a playlist in Wallpaper Engine and become more familiar with its other features.
Have you ever used Wallpaper Engine? Do you like creating playlists? Tell us in the comments section below.