How to Add the Recycle Bin to the Windows 10 Taskbar
The Recycle Bin includes your deleted files. Of course, they’re not really deleted until you empty that bin; and you can always open it by clicking its desktop shortcut. However, it would be better to have a Recycle Bin shortcut on the taskbar so that you can open it without minimizing windows. So this is how you can add the Recycle Bin to the taskbar in Windows 10.
Creating a Recycle Bin Shortcut on the Windows 10 Taskbar
- First, you should right-click the Taskbar to check that the Lock taskbar option isn’t selected. If there’s a tick beside that option, click it to unlock the Taskbar.
- Now, right-click your Desktop and select New > Folder.
- Next, rename the folder Recycle Bin.
- Drag the Recycle Bin into your folder named Recycle Bin to create a link (shortcut).
- Then, right-click the Taskbar again and select Toolbars > New toolbar.
- Navigate to the Recycle Bin folder and then press Select Folder.
- Now, you should find a Recycle Bin shortcut menu on the right of your taskbar as shown directly below.
- Next, right-click the Recycle Bin menu and click the Show Text and Show title options so they aren’t selected. That will leave just the icons on the Quick Launch toolbar.
- Right-click the Recycle Bin menu again and select View > Large icons.
- You should now see a Recycle Bin shortcut on your Taskbar that looks like the image shown below.
As the Recycle Bin taskbar shortcut is in the Quick Launch menu, you can reposition it by dragging the double arrow beside it left and right. Then, right-click the Taskbar and select the Lock taskbar option to cement the Recycle Bin shortcut’s position.
This is certainly a handy shortcut to have on the taskbar. Now you can open the Recycle Bin from the taskbar without returning to the desktop.
Know of any other ways to create a Recycle Bin shortcut? Share them in the comments below.