How To Transfer BeReal to a New Phone
Transferring your old apps and data to a new device can be overwhelming. Fortunately, transferring your BeReal account info shouldn’t be. If you want to move your BeReal information to a new phone, you’ve come to the right place. This article will help you transfer your BeReal to a new phone, whether you’re keeping the same phone number or getting a brand-new one.
How to Transfer BeReal to a New Phone With the Same Phone Number
The transfer process is fairly straightforward if your new device has the same phone number as your old one. Your account is linked to your phone number, so this will allow you to access the old account on your new device.
- Install the app on your new phone and open.
- Login with your normal credentials.
- BeReal will send an SMS with a verification code to your number. Enter the code when prompted in the login process.
- Use the app just like you would on your old device.
Technically, you do not have to enter the same birthday as you did with your old account. However, a few users have encountered issues if the information doesn’t match. To avoid any possible problems, enter your original information accurately.
How to Migrate Your BeReal Account to a New Phone With a New Number
If you’ve got a new number along with your new phone, you’ll have to work a little harder to transfer a BeReal account. The steps differ depending on whether you have access to text messages on your old number.
Yes, I Can Access the Old Number
If you can still receive text messages on your old device and number, these steps will get you through the process.
- Log into the app on your new phone using your usual login information.
- BeReal will send an SMS to your old number (the number associated with your account and the one you used to log in.)
- Enter the verification code into the space provided on the new device.
- You will be able to access BeReal on your new phone.
Note that you probably want to contact BeReal to migrate your account to the new number. Even though you can access your account, you will probably want your new number linked to your account. This is where you will receive future verification texts and notifications from the app.
No, I Can’t Access the Old Number
You can still make the switch if you don’t have a way to receive texts on your old number. BeReal can transfer your information with minimal hassle. However, you’ll have to contact their support team to transfer your account, but it’s a simple process.
Contact BeReal Through the App
You can send a request to BeReal customer service through the app asking to transfer your account.
- Navigate to your profile.
- Tap the top right menu icon (three dots).
- Select “Help.”
- Choose “Contact us.”
- Type a request with the following information:
- Previous phone number (with country code included)
- New phone number (also including country code)
- BeReal username
- Date of birth
- Add to the request that you would like to move your account to a new phone number.
- Send the request.
Once BeReal can verify the information provided, your account will be transferred. Note that you may be asked to provide proof of the above information if BeReal thinks it’s necessary. Also, if an account is already associated with your new number, it will be overwritten and permanently deleted.
Contact BeReal by Email
If you can’t access your BeReal account at all, in the case of a lost or stolen phone, you can always contact customer service by email. BeReal can take care of everything for you.
- Email customer service at: [email protected]
- You will need to provide your personal information:
- Former phone number (with country code)
- New number (also including country code)
- Date of birth
- Include in your email that you would like to move your account to a new phone with a new phone number.
- Send the email.
BeReal can make the transfer for you. Be aware that you might have to provide proof of your identity or date of birth. BeReal takes every request seriously to prevent account theft. Also, any account associated with your new number will be permanently deleted to make room for your account.
Minimum Device Requirements
Before transferring your account, be sure your new device can support BeReal. Below are the minimum requirements:
- An Android phone must run Google Play Services Android 8 or above.
- iPhones must run iOS14 or newer.
Any device with these specifications can run BeReal.
Troubleshooting if I Haven’t Received the Verification Code
A commonly reported issue is a verification code for login not arriving in a timely fashion. There are a few things to do in this case.
- Double-check the phone number you entered. If it’s wrong, you will not receive the code.
- Wait a little longer. Sometimes it takes a while to send the code.
- Check your signal. If your cell signal or Wi-Fi is weak, the text may be affected.
- Restart your device.
- Check your settings to be sure unknown numbers are not blocked from your texts.
These tips should resolve any verification code issues.
Can I merge the data from two accounts into one?
No, there is currently no way to join two accounts or to transfer data from one account to another.
What do I do if I get an error message while trying to log in?
Sometimes an error message will be displayed when you try to log in on your new device. Don’t panic because BeReal customer service is fairly helpful. You will need to send them an email explaining the issue, and they can help you.
Why is BeReal asking me to make a new account?
When you open the app on your new phone, it may seem like it’s asking you to make a new account. This is a common misconception. When you enter your old account information (especially the phone number), it will log you into your old BeReal instead of creating a new account.
What if I don’t hear from BeReal’s support team promptly?
Some users decide that instead of waiting on transfer support, opening a new account with their new phone number is easier. If you log in with a new number, the process will automatically create a new account. Once customer service responds, you can always overwrite the brand-new account with your old one or keep both.
Transferring a BeReal Account to a New Phone
When you get a new phone, transferring BeReal account access to it is a cinch. If you’re sticking with the same phone number, this article should be able to help you complete the process in a few minutes. With a new number, a quick message to customer service will get the job done. Either way, you’ll be sharing your authentic photos of “real” life with friends in no time.
Have you had to transfer a BeReal account to a new phone? Tell us about your experience in the comments below.