How To Change your Name in Clash of Clans
Your Clash of Clans name is one of the most important distinguishing factors. It lets you stand out from your enemies and can even put a smile on some players’ faces. As you expand your empire, you may want to forgo an amusing username and switch to one that strikes fear into the hearts of your opponents. This is where amending your name makes sense, but how do you do it?
The game won’t allow you to change your username as soon as you start playing it, as it needs some progression. Also, taking on a different moniker for a second or third time will require gems, the in-game currency you can buy with real-life money.
That said, once you’ve fulfilled the requirements, changing your Clash of Clans name is quite simple. Let’s see how it works.
How to Change Your Name for the First Time in Clash of Clans
To change your name for the first time in Clash of Clans, you’ll first need to reach level five with your town hall. From there, the name-changing option can be accessed easily:
- Go to settings by pressing the cog symbol in the bottom-right section of the screen while checking out your village.
- You’ll reach a menu that lets you adjust sound effects and music. Find “More Settings,” which should also be in the lower-right part of the window.
- The “Change Name” option will be in the upper part of the screen. Press the button in the right section of the window to start the process. If you’re doing it for the first time, the game will allow you to change it for free.
- Enter your name and enter “Confirm” in the following box.
- Hit the “Okay” button to complete the change.
In addition, you’ll need to follow some rules when changing your username in Clash of Clans. Primarily, make sure not to use any special characters (e.g., emoji’s and symbols) or swearwords. Supercell can alter inappropriate names at any moment without compensation. Therefore, choose your new name wisely.
Name Changes After the First Time
Changing your name for free is only allowed once in Clash of Clans. To do it again, you’ll need to spend some Gems, and each change warrants more gems:
- Second name change – 500 gems
- Third name change – 1,000 gems
- Fourth name change – 1,500 gems
Each name change will cost you 500 gems more, up to a maximum of 10,000 gems. Additionally, you’ll need to wait for seven days after a change to get a new username.
If this method is too expensive for you, you can try another one. More specifically, you can write an email to Supercell’s support team, and they should change your name if you’re polite. Here’s how you can message the company:
- Start the game and go to the settings.
- Choose the “Help and Support” button.
- Press the search symbol.
- Scroll down and hit the “Contact Us” button. This will redirect you to your email app.
- In your message, say hello and state the reason you want to change your name.
- Say “Thank you very much,” and that’s it.
After sending your email, wait up to 10 days for the support team to change your name. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a new username free of charge.
Keep reading for more helpful Clash of Clans username information.
Why can you only change your name one time for free?
The main reason why Supercell charges additional name changes is to avoid confusion. Users who select a different name repeatedly make it difficult for other players to survive in their clans. They may get confused about who owns the village since the game doesn’t show an update if a player changed their username.
On top of that, allowing just one name change for free helps ensure that players don’t make rash decisions when selecting their username. It makes them consider their choice carefully to help prevent the use of inappropriate and offensive language.
How can you get the necessary gems to change your name?
Again, changing your name for a second time requires 500 gems. If you don’t have enough, you’ll need to get more, and the primary option is to buy them through the store:
1. Start your game and navigate to the gems section in the upper-right part of your screen.
2. Press the “+” sign, and you’ll see different amounts of gems available.
3. Choose the amount you can afford and select a payment method. You can use a debit or credit card, Globe Telecom billing, Link GCash, and PayPal.
4. Press the “Buy” button and complete the purchase. The amount should be added to your Gems balance.
There are many other ways to obtain gems by progressing through the game:
Harvesting and Opening Your Map
While eliminating obstacles throughout the map costs gold, it rewards you with gems. New obstacles generally spawn every four hours, and you can earn 40 gems from about 12 of them. Since you can destroy up to 21 obstacles per week, it is an easy method of acquiring extra gems.
Clash of Clans awards achievements whenever you complete certain objectives. These include winning battles, collecting gold, and upgrading buildings. These achievements earn you valuable rewards, including gems. The harder your achievements are; the more gems you’ll receive.
Each achievement consists of three levels, with more valuable rewards for completing each level. By completing all available achievements, you can acquire more than 8,500 gems.
Here’s how to manage your achievements:
1. Start the game.
2. Go to the “My Profile” window.
3. Scroll down until you find the list of available achievements.
4. Check out your progress toward various achievements and prioritize your playtime to earn them as soon as possible.
Some achievements are worth more than others. To earn the most valuable ones and acquire thousands of gems, you’ll need to fight other players. These high-value accomplishments include:
· Sweet Victory – You can earn this achievement by winning trophies through multiplayer battles. For instance, receiving 450 gems requires you to win 1,250 trophies.
· Unbreakable – Defend successfully against attackers. Fending off 1,000 attacks earns you 100 gems.
· Friend in Need – Provide reinforcements to allies. For 250 gems, you’ll need to donate 25,000 reinforcements.
· League All-star – Advance through your Clash of Clans League. The Crystal League gives you 250 gems, the Master division rewards you with 1,000, whereas reaching the Champion rank gives you 2,000 gems.
· War Hero – Compete in War Battles to win stars for your clan. Score 1,000 stars, and you’ll earn 1,000 gems.
· Spoils of War – Gather gold by receiving Clan War bonuses. Acquiring 1,000 gems requires you to earn 100 million gold.
· Firefighter – Destroy your enemy’s Inferno Towers. Obliterating 5,000 towers gives you 1,000 gems.
Also, you can collect your rewards at any time, but there’s no reason to let them sit unclaimed. The sooner you obtain them, the faster you’ll receive more gems.
Utilizing Your Gem Box
As you’re performing daily tasks, you may see a box packed with gems. Opening it gives you 25 gems, and a new box is available every week.
Even though this is a small amount, it adds up eventually. Plus, the box itself may enable you to change your username for a second time in 20 weeks.
Building and Upgrading the Gem Mine
Another source of harnessing more gems is gem mines. They may seem less appealing because they’re relatively slow at extracting gems, but they’re still worth considering.
Players with town hall level six or higher can take part in clan games. They generally occur between the 22nd and 28th of every month. Gems are just some of the prizes, and you can even trade your wins for them.
Google Play Rewards
Another option is to install the Google Opinion Rewards app using your Play Store. The platform occasionally sends you marketing surveys and rewards you with Google Play Credit for filling them out. You can use these points to purchase Clash of Clans gems, and most surveys take just a couple of seconds to complete.
This method is only available for Android users, and here’s how to use it to receive gems:
1. Download the app from this website. It’s an official Google app, so it’s completely safe to download and install.
2. Sign in using your Google credentials if you haven’t signed in already.
3. Turn on location on your device. Otherwise, you won’t receive as many surveys, as many of them are based on places you’ve recently visited. To activate location services, go to the menu at the top of your device and make sure the location feature is turned on. Also, enable location access if prompted by the app.
4. Complete available surveys. There might not be any available when you first open the app, but they should appear over time. To get more surveys, try traveling more often and visit various businesses. The app will notify you whenever there’s a new survey available, and the answers you provide don’t affect the rewards you receive.
5. Once you’ve amassed enough credit to buy 500 or more gems, head to your Clash of Clans gem store.
6. Select the amount you can afford and choose Google Play balance as your payment method.
Hit the “Buy” button and finalize your transaction.
Stay on Top of Your CoC Resources
Changing your name is a simple way to spice up your Clash of Clans experience, and now you know how to do it. Playing under a different username can reflect your playstyle better and freshen up your battle environment.
That said, make sure to choose your new name carefully. Each subsequent change will require you to fork up gems you could otherwise use to buy items, boost barracks, and skip timers. To avoid wasting valuable currency, come up with a name you’ll keep for months to come.
How many times have you changed your name in Clash of Clans? What’s your favorite method of collecting gems? How do you feel about using the Google Opinion Rewards app to obtain gems? Let us know in the comments section below.