How to Control an Android Device From a Windows 10 PC
Juggling between a smartphone and a computer while working on an important assignment can be a tiring activity. Have you been looking for ways to control your phone over a PC and save yourself the trouble of looking at two screens all the time? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
In this guide, we’ll provide you with the five most convenient apps for controlling your Android device from Windows 10. Whether you’re looking to control your phone wirelessly or with a cable, we’ve got you covered.
How to Use AirDroid in Chrome to Control Android Device?
AirDroid is one of the most popular remote-control apps for both Android and iOS devices. Besides downloading the AirDroid app on your computer, you can also install a Chrome plugin to control your Android device wirelessly.
Doing this allows you to perform multiple operations on your phone all through your Chrome desktop browser. All you have to do is connect your mobile device and your Chrome extension to the same account.
Here are the detailed instructions on how to remotely control your Android device using AirDroid in Chrome:
- Connect your phone and computer to the same network.
- Install the AirDroid app from Google Play on your Android device.
- Log into your account. If you don’t have an account yet, tap on “Sign Up” and follow the instructions.
- Grant the AirDroid app access to your files. For safety reasons, only grant access to the files you plan on controlling. For example, you can only give access to your camera if you want to access your pictures. We recommend not granting access to your personal information such as messages, contacts, or call history. Otherwise, you risk receiving spam calls from third-party apps.
- Install the AirDroid Remote Control Plugin from the Chrome Web Store.
- Wait for the plugin to install and launch it.
- A pop-up window will show, asking you to sign in to your account. Make sure to enter the exact account details as you did on your phone app.
- Tick the box next to “Connect via HTTPS.”
- Click on “Connect.”
- The AirDroid Chrome extension will automatically connect to your phone, and the latter will now be available for remote control.
How to Use ApowerMirror to Control Android Device?
ApowerMirror is an app that lets you control your Android device from your computer and vice versa. It enables you to share your phone’s screen, photos, videos, or games. Another cool feature is that you can control your Android device from your computer and also from another Android or iOS device. To use this app, your phone needs to run on Android 5.0 or above.
Follow the steps below to use ApowerMirror to control your Android device:
- Download the ApowerMirror app in Google Play.
- Make sure to connect your Android device and the streaming device to the same Wi-Fi.
- Download the ApowerMirror app on your computer and install it afterward.
- Launch the app on your Android device.
- Tap on the Mirror icon. This will scan all the available devices.
- Tap on your computer name. It will begin with “Apowersoft[username].”
- Select “Start Now.”
- Your Android device screen will now appear on your computer.
How to Use MirrorGo to Control Your Android Device?
The MirrorGo Android app lets you control your Android device via PC, transfer files, or simply share screens.
Follow the steps below to connect your phone with your computer using MirrorGo:
- Download the MirrorGo Android Recorder app on your PC.
- Install the app by following the on-screen instructions.
- Download the MirrorGo (Stream & Recorder) app on your phone from the Play Store.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app on both devices, open the app on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB or Wi-Fi.
- If you select USB, simply connect your phone with your computer using a USB cable, and you’ll instantly connect your devices.
- If you select the Wi-Fi option for remote control, scan the QR code from the computer screen with your mobile device. Alternatively, choose your mobile device from the list (your phone and mobile device need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi).
- You will now see your phone’s display on your computer screen.
How to Use Vysor to Control Your Android Device?
Vysor is one of the most straightforward apps to control your Android device from Windows 10. You can either run it via Chrome extension or by using the desktop app. We’ll explain both procedures below.
Here are some common steps for both options:
Download the Vysor App
- Download the Vysor Android app from the Play Store on your phone.
- Install the app.
Enable USB Debugging on Your Phone
- Head over to your Android device’s Settings.
- Search for “Developer Options.” If you can’t find them, head over to the ‘’About Phone’’ section and tap on “Build Number” seven times. The Developer Options will now show in the Settings.
- Find the “USB Debugging” section and tap on the toggle button next to it to enable.
- Connect your phone with your computer via USB.
Run Vysor Using Chrome
- Make sure you’ve completed all of the steps above.
- Install ADB Drivers.
- Go to the Vysor browser version using Chrome.
- Your Android device will now connect automatically. If not, click on “Connect USB device,” click on your phone’s name, and hit “Connect.”
Run Vysor Using the Desktop App and Client
- Head over to the Vysor website and download the Windows app version.
- Open Vysor from the start menu.
- Click on the “Find Devices” button and choose your Android device.
- Vysor will now stream your device’s display on your computer.
How to Use Scrcpy to Control Your Android Device?
Scrcpy is another straightforward, minimalistic apps you can use to control your Android device from Windows 10. There’s no need to install any apps on your phone or root your device.
Just like Vysor, you need to enable USB debugging before connecting your phone to Windows 10 using Scrcpy:
- Open your Android device’s Settings.
- Search for “Developer Options.” If you can’t find these, head over to the “About Phone” section and tap on “Build Number” seven times. The Developer Options will now be visible on the Settings page.
- Find the “USB Debugging” section and tap on the toggle button next to it, so it’s enabled.
- Connect your phone with your computer via USB.
Now you’ll have to download Scrcpy on your PC.
- Head over to Scrcpy’s Github page and download the app under the “Windows” section. You’ll have to scroll down a bit to reach it.
- Extract the zip file on your computer.
- Open the folder and launch Scrcpy. This will start the command prompt on your phone, and you should accept the USB debugging. You can check the “Always allow from this computer” box to save the setting for the next time you use this app.
- Your phone screen will now display on Windows. Use your mouse or keyboard to navigate your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some additional questions to help you get the most out of controlling your Android device from a Windows 10 PC.
Can I Control My Android Phone From a Remote Location?
Absolutely. There are quite a few popular apps that let you control your Android phone from a remote location. This is especially useful if there’s an issue with your phone that only a professional can solve remotely. Some of the best apps for Android remote control include TeamViewer, Mobizen, and LogMeIn Rescue.
What Is the Best App for Controlling My Android Phone on Windows 10?
In our guide, we covered quite a few apps for controlling your Android phone on Windows 10. However, some stand out from the competition. The best one on our list is ApowerMirror.
With this app, you have complete control over your Android on your computer. You don’t have to root your phone, it works great on all Android devices, and you can connect them with a USB or Wi-Fi. Overall, this app has a smooth and super easy-to-use interface that everyone can master right away.
Streaming Your Android Device Like a Pro
Controlling your Android device from a computer has never been more accessible. You can use dozens of apps for this, and we’ve covered some of the best ones in our guide. Depending on your preferences or possibilities, you can control your phone wirelessly or with a USB.
Remember to connect your devices to the same network if you opt for Wi-Fi and enable USB debugging for the cable connection. All the rest simply comes down to installing the apps on your computer and phone. Hopefully, we’ve given you enough resources to start controlling your Android device today.
Which app do you find the most convenient for remote controlling an Android device? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.