How to Create a Facebook Story on a PC, iPhone, or Android
Users have been able to post Facebook Stories since 2017, just as this option gained popularity on Instagram. A Facebook Story is a photo or video collection users can post publicly or direct message a friend.
The Story is live for 24 hours, after which it disappears, making it perfect for everyday posting. But if you have never posted a Facebook Story before, you might not be sure where to start.
Fortunately, the process is pretty user-friendly and intuitive, and we’ll show you how it works from your computer and Facebook mobile apps.
How to Create a Facebook Story With Multiple Pictures
Facebook Stories have a prominent location on the Facebook feed as they sit right at the very top. When a Facebook user launches the app or the platform’s web version, Stories are the first to catch their eye.
So, it’s no surprise that many users try to make them as engaging as possible and often upload multiple pictures to one Story.
To create a Facebook Story with multiple pictures, follow the steps outlined below.
Unlike Instagram, Facebook lets you create stories using a web browser, albeit with some limitations. Still, if you prefer using Facebook from your computer, here’s what to do:
- Go to Facebook using any browser and log into your account.
- Click on “Create a Story” on the upper left side of the screen.
- Select the “Create a photo story” option.
- Browse your computer files for the photos you want to post to the Story.
- Select who can see the Story (“Public” or “Friends.)
- Select “Share to Story.”
The photo you’ve selected will instantly be published to your Facebook Story. However, to add more than one photo here’s what you should do:
- Click on your Story button on your Facebook feed.
- When the published Story launches, click on the “No Viewers Yet” (“See Viewers”) option at the bottom.
- When another window appears, click on the empty square next to your posted photo.
- Upload an image from your computer files.
- Click on the “Share” button at the bottom.
You can repeat the process as many times as necessary to create a perfect sequence of pictures on your Facebook Story.
If you’re an iPhone user, posting a story with one or multiple photos is essentially similar to posting from a PC, but you get a few more editing options. Follow these steps to see how it works:
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone and make sure you’re logged into your account.
- At the top of your Feed, tap the “Create Story” option.
- Choose a photo from your device’s gallery or take a new photo.
- Edit the photo using stickers, filters, adding text, or using effects by tapping the “Aa” button.
- Adjust the privacy settings.
- Select “Share to Story.”
The first photo you’ve selected is automatically published, and your next move is to add more pictures. You can do that if you:
- Open your published Story.
- Tap the gallery icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select another photo to post and edit it.
- Tap the “Your Story” option or tap “Share To” followed by “Your Story” on the next screen.
If you want to add more than one photo to a single story, that’s also an option for iPhone users. Here’s what you should do:
- Go to the “Create Story” button.
- Select a photo from the gallery.
- Resize it using two fingers.
- Tap the sticker icon at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the gallery icon and choose another photo.
- Resize that photo as well.
- Repeat the process if you want to add more photos.
- Select “Share to Story.”
Facebook Android app works pretty much the same way as the iOS app. So, the process of adding multiple pictures is also relatively straightforward.
You have two options, and one is adding multiple photos that can be viewed consecutively on your Feed. But you need to start with a single image first.
Here are all the steps you need to take:
- Open your Facebook app and make sure you’re logged in.
- Tap the “Create Story” button at the top of the screen.
- Select a photo from your camera roll or tap the photo icon to snap a new photo.
- Tap the “Aa” button to add stickers, effects, or text.
- Select your Story audience by tapping “Privacy” and choosing the settings.
- Tap “Share.”
The Facebook story will go up immediately, and now you can continue adding more photos:
- Tap on the active Story.
- Select the camera roll icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Take another photo or select one from the gallery.
- Select the “Share to” button, followed by “Your Story.”
You can use the same steps to add even more photos to this Story session on Facebook.
The other option for adding multiple photos to a Facebook story is to add several pictures on a single Story slide. It’s a super simple process; just follow these steps:
- Select the “Create a Story” option on your Facebook app.
- Choose a photo from the gallery.
- Use two fingers to resize the photo and change its angle.
- Select the sticker icon and choose the gallery button from the list.
- Choose another photo and resize it.
- Repeat the process to add more photos.
- Tap “Share.”
This option allows you to create a quick and effective collage and showcase a few pictures to your friends without them having to watch the entire Facebook Story slide.
How to Create a Facebook Story With Music
Facebook Stories are often much better with music. You can pick a photo or video, add the right song and create a great post others will appreciate.
However, if you haven’t created a Facebook Story with music before, it might seem like an overly complicated task. On the contrary, it’s an incredibly easy process.
Unfortunately, if you want to add music to your Facebook Story from a PC, that will not work.
As mentioned, even though you can post Stories from your computer, the customization options are not available, including adding music.
Therefore, if you’re determined to add some tunes to your new Facebook Story, you’ll need to do it from a Facebook mobile app.
Have you captured a video of your pet doing something cute or snapped a perfectly serene nature photo? If yes, it should definitely go on your Facebook Story with some carefully selected music. For iPhone users, that process looks like this:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone and select the “Create Story” option.
- Select a photo or video from your camera roll.
- Tap the sticker button and choose the “Music” sticker.
- A playlist will appear. Browse for music by category or search for a specific song in the search bar.
- If you’ve chosen a song with lyrics available, adjust the portion of the lyrics you want to appear in your Story.
- When done, select “Share to Story.”
That is all there is to it. But did you know that you can create a Facebook Story with only music and not include any photos or videos? The Music Story focuses only on the song, not the image. Here’s how to create it:
- Launch the Facebook app and tap “Create Story.”
- Tap the “Music” from the list of options.
- A playlist will pop up, which you can browse. If you already know the song you want to share, use the search bar to find it.
- Change the Story background color and add effects if you wish.
- Slide the “Lyrics” bar to find which part of the lyrics will appear on your Facebook Story.
- Tap “Done.”
- Tap “Share to Story.”
Android users have the same options available, and adding music to Facebook Stories is as straightforward as it gets. To get a clear idea of how that works, let’s go over all the steps:
- Go to the Facebook app on your Android device.
- Choose the “Create Story” option and select the “Music” option.
- When a playlist appears, find the song you want to share. Use the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Customize the Music Story by changing the background color or adding effects.
- Select which portion of the song’s lyrics will be heard in your Story.
- Select “Done” followed by “Share.”
Now all you have to do is wait for feedback from your Facebook friends.
Also, did you know that you can add music to a photo or video on your Facebook Story? It’s an excellent way to highlight any imagery. Here’s how that works:
- Open the Facebook app and choose “Create Story.”
- Choose a video or photo from your gallery.
- Tap the smiley face button at the top of the screen and select the “Music” sticker from the list.
- Search for the song you want to attach to the Story.
- If song lyrics are available, move the “Lyrics” slider to choose which part of the song appears on the Story.
- When finished, tap “Share to Story.”
Voila, you’re all set.
How to Create a Facebook Story Poll
If you’re looking for a way to increase engagement on your Facebook stories, consider adding a poll. With a little bit of creativity, polls can help you connect and even have a little fun.
Are you not sure about an outfit you’re planning to wear? Create a Facebook Story poll. Can’t decide which book to read next? Create a poll with your top two options.
The possibilities are endless, but if you’ve never tried creating a poll before, here’s everything you need to know.
Again, this feature is not available for users posting Facebook Stories on their computers. Instead, if you want to create and customize a Facebook Story poll, you’ll need to access your Facebook mobile app.
If you’re an iPhone user, creating a Facebook Story poll requires only a few taps on the screen. Follow these steps to make a fun poll on your Facebook Story:
- Open the iPhone Facebook app and select “Create Story” from your Feed.
- From the Facebook Story types, select “Poll.”
- Type your poll question.
- Tap on “Yes” and “No” default answers to customize them.
- Tap “Done,” located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Adjust privacy settings and select “Share to Story.”
This option works fantastically if you have a question for your Facebook friends and followers but don’t need to include a photo or video. Another option is to create a Story with an image and:
- Tap the sticker button and select “Poll” from the list.
- Enter the question and customize the answers.
- Select “Done” followed by “Share to Story.”
If you want to create a Facebook Story poll using an Android device, we’ll guide you through all the steps. First, let’s see how you can utilize the designated “Poll” feature to see how your Facebook friends feel about a particular topic, for example.
- Open the Facebook app and select “Create Story.”
- Choose “Poll” from the list of options.
- Ask a question and customize the “Yes” and “No” default answers.
- Customize the poll by changing the background color or adding effects.
If the poll is accompanying a photo or video Facebook Story, you need to find the poll sticker:
- Upload an image or video from the “Create Story” button.
- Tap the sticker button and select “Poll” from the list.
- Customize the poll by adding a question and editing the answers.
How to Create a Facebook Story on a Business Page
If you’re running your own business with a dedicated Facebook Page, you can utilize Stories to run promotions and keep customers up-to-date about the company.
It’s essential to keep in mind that you can create the Stories as long as you are the Page’s official admin or editor. Now, let’s get to the details of this process.
You might find it convenient to post Facebook Stories for your business from the computer, but unfortunately, the platform doesn’t support this option.
While you share post photos and videos from the computer on your personal Facebook profile, that won’t work on the Business Pages. Instead, you’ll need to use an iPhone or Android smartphone.
To post a Story from your Facebook Business Page, reach for your iPhone and follow these steps:
- Open Facebook and select your Business Page.
- Scroll down a bit and select “Create Story,” located under the “Create a Post” option.
- Choose a Story template. For example, “Text” and write about an upcoming sale.
- Enter the text or add a photo or video.
- Customize the post by tapping and adding different effects and stickers.
- When done, tap “Share to Story.”
Your Facebook Story be published instantly to your Business Page.
With the Facebook mobile app for Android, the steps for posting a Story on Facebook Business Page are mostly the same. Here’s what you should do:
- Tap on the Facebook app on your Android device.
- Select the Business Page from your Feed.
- Tap the “Create Story” option located just under the “Create a Post” button.
- Choose a Facebook Story template or a picture or video from the camera roll.
- Add effects, stickers, filters, or text.
- Select “Done” followed by “Share Now.”
Your Facebook Business Page Story will be active within seconds.
Using Facebook Stories to Your Advantage
If you have been using Facebook since it first came out, you’ve seen so many changes and upgrades over the years. The platform is now vastly different from where it started and resembles Instagram more each day.
The Facebook Story feature is the best example of that. It’s no wonder, though, as the majority of users look at the Facebook Stories first before scrolling down the Feed.
Therefore, learning how to post multiple pictures, add music, create polls, and post stories on your Business Page can be incredibly useful.
Many Facebook creators, and even casual users, rely on Facebook Stories to get their message across effectively every day, and now you know precisely how to do it too.
What is your favorite Facebook Story template? Would you add music to every Story? Let us know in the comments section below.