How to Change your Username in Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll has become the go-to streaming service for most anime and manga fans, though it also offers drama, music, and even racing. The niche content is indeed excellent. However, there are challenges when it comes to account management. The username is fixed and there’s no easy way to change it.
But there’s no reason to worry. This article explores how you can update your Crunchyroll username. Keep in mind that this might take quite a few steps.
How to Change your Username in Crunchyroll
You cannot change your Crunchyroll username directly. What you can do is cancel your subscription, delete the account, and build everything back up.
Depending on how your payment method, there are several methods to cancel your subscriptions.
Crunchyroll Premium Membership is canceled through your iTunes account.
- Launch the Settings app, then tap your username.
- Select subscriptions and tap Crunchyroll.
- Choose Cancel Subscription and confirm.
- Go to Activity in your PayPal account. Navigate to the last Crunchyroll charge select it.
- Click or tap “Manage Crunchyroll Payments.”
- Billing Details will show up with a Status option.
- Click on Cancel.
- Choose Yes to confirm and you’re done.
Tip: Go back to Billing Details to confirm that the payment status is Cancelled.
Hit the Home button on your remote and navigate to subscriptions using one of the two options.
- Choose Home and navigate to Crunchyroll.
- Press the Asterisk button on the remote.
- Navigate to Streaming Channels and find Crunchyroll.
- Once highlighted, press OK.
Since you need to create a new account, it’s best to remove Crunchyroll from Roku immediately.
- Go to your account page on Crunchyroll (log in as needed).
- Select Account Billing and you’ll see the Cancel button.
- Click or tap the button and confirm your choice.
Important Note: If there isn’t a cancel button, you probably subscribed via a third-party service.
- Log into your Google Play account and select My Subscriptions on the left.
- Choose Crunchyroll, then select Manage.
- Under the Manage menu, click Cancel Subscription.
- Select Yes in the pop-up window to confirm.
Deleting the Account
- Open your browser and go to crunchyroll.com/nuke.
- You’ll see a survey window that asks why you’re deleting the account.
- Select one and type your explanation in “Explain more below” as needed.
- Enter your account password in the designated field.
- Click Deactivate Now and select OK to confirm.
Note: This permanently removes all your user data and preferences from the streaming service.
- After you’ve deleted the old account, go to the Crunchyroll Sign Up page from your browser.
- Enter your credentials and unselect Crunchyroll updates.
- Sign up for the 14-day trial with your preferred subscription model and add a payment method.
Pro Tip: You’ve already unsubscribed and deleted your old account. But Crunchyroll might still remember your IP address and prevent you from signing up for a free trial account. To avoid that, it’s best to use a different IP address or spoof it with a VPN.
Bonus Tips to Get Crunchyroll Premium Trial
There are two ways to get special offers and enjoy Crunchyroll Premium with special benefits.
After signing up, you get access to forums. There’s a vibrant community with a special forum section that offers Premium timed passes and more.
These show up from time to time. You may also ask other users to direct you to a promotional offer.
A handful of top manga and anime groups on Facebook may have an active partnership with Crunchyroll. They offer prizes, usually timed access to Crunchyroll Premium, if you like, follow, or comment on their page.
Aside from Facebook, you may also find them on Twitter. Find a group you like, turn on group notifications, and wait around for promotional offers.
Understandably, your current Crunchyroll username might not be perfect. But do you really need to go through the trouble of deleting your account and setting it up again?
Sure, you’ll get another 14-day trial period. But you’ll lose your data and easy access to your favorite shows.
Your last resort may be to get in touch with the Crunchyroll customer service and implore them to allow you to change the username.
So, how did it go? Did you manage to change your Crunchyroll username? Did you contact customer support and what did they say?