How to Add the About Me Section in Discord
Discord receives new features every so often. Following that, users can now add an About Me section that you can see when you click on their profile. You can type practically anything you want, and there are enough letters for longer self-introductions. Even so, not everyone knows how to turn on this feature.
Look no further if you’re newer to Discord and wish to activate this cool feature. We’ll list out all of the steps for you. Read on for the details.
How to Add About Me in Discord on an iPhone
Discord makes it easy to customize your profile even on mobile, and the steps are pretty close to the PC client or web-based version. This ease of use also includes setting up your About Me section. It helps users save time and allows others to discover who you are.
For the iPhone steps, look below:
- Launch Discord for iPhone.
- Swipe right.
- On the bottom-right corner, look for your profile picture.
- Head to “User Settings.”
- Go to “User Profile.”
- Look for the “About Me” section.
- Tap on it and start typing.
- When done, save your settings.
It’s that easy on iPhone and all other devices. You only have 190 characters to work with, but you don’t need more than that with careful planning. We recommend only listing the basics or even a funny one-liner if you like.
While you can use all of Discord’s default emojis in the About Me section, custom emoji are off-limits. To add an emoji, encapsulate a word with colons, like :handshake: for the handshake emoji.
The best part about this feature is that all users can set one up in seconds, and you don’t need Nitro to use it. Extra options like a banner will require a Nitro subscription, though.
How to Add About Me in Discord on an Android
Thanks to how Discord designed its user interface, Android Discord users can use similar steps as an iPhone. Both versions are identical in almost every way too. Thus, you’ll probably find it easy to write the About Me section on Android as well.
These are the steps for Android devices:
- Go to Discord for Android.
- When you reach a server, swipe left.
- Tap on your profile picture at the bottom-right corner.
- Go to “User Settings.”
- Select “User Profile.”
- Find the “About Me” section onscreen.
- Tap on it.
- Type out anything you want.
- Save your settings.
It took Discord years to implement the About Me feature, but now that it’s here, anyone can display what they want others to see.
How to Add About Me in Discord on an iPad
iPad users also use the steps outlined above, as the iPad operating system is identical to the iPhone. You can take advantage of the bigger screen and keyboard, but not much is different when using Discord on either device.
Users can open their iPad and start editing their About Me section right away. Here’s how it works:
- Launch Discord on your iPad.
- Swipe right to reveal a bar near the bottom of the screen.
- Find your profile picture near the bottom-left corner.
- Tap on “User Settings.”
- Go to “User Profile.”
- Find the “About Me” section.
- Tap on it and fill out your profile.
- Save your settings.
- Now, everyone can see what the About Me section says about you.
How to Add About Me in Discord on a PC
PC users also share the same set of instructions, whether they’re using the web-based version or a local Discord client. There are a few extra steps on PC, such as using the “Save Changes” button before your new About Me page is preserved. And if you quit without clicking the button, you’ll have to type it out all over again. However, any differences are relatively minor.
Take a look at these instructions for PC users:
- Launch Discord for your browser or open the client.
- Click on the gear icon located at the bottom-left corner.
- In User Settings, look for “User Profile.”
- Click on the About Me section.
- Start typing to fill out the About Me section.
- Before you leave, click on the “Save Changes” button that appears near the bottom.
- After that, you can exit and view your new About Me section.
Some things will look different than mobile versions of Discord because the app for smartphones and tablets is optimized for a smaller screen.
The desktop version lets you see more options at once, but as you can see, the paths and menus to navigate are relatively similar.
Please Read My Bio
Having a section where you can introduce yourself in a few short sentences lets other users know you better. Of course, you can choose to have some inspirational quotes or even jokes in the About Me section. After all, you’re the one in control of your Discord account.
What do you put in your Discord About Me section? What other features do you wish Discord would introduce? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.