How to Change a Server Name in Discord
Discord’s numerous features make chatting on this platform unique, especially its servers, filled with communities sharing the same interests. These servers contain multiple channels, and typically they’re all named according to their purpose. Users ask and answer questions, exchange stories, share memes, etc.
Discord users can start their own private Discord server and invite other members to join.
If you already have a private server and want to change the name, you’re in the right place. This article outlines how to make server name changes on PC and smartphones.
How to Change a Discord Server Name on a PC
If you’re communicating on your PC most of the time, here is how you can personalize your Discord servers and give them a new name:
- Go to Discord’s official website to log in or launch your Discord app.
- Click on the server that you want to rename.
- In the top-left corner, you’ll see your list of servers. Press the downward-facing arrow to expand the menu.
- Find Server Settings and click on that.
- Slightly to your right, you’ll see the Server Name and a box with the current name typed in.
- Change the name.
- Click on “Save Changes.”
How to Change a Discord Server Name on a Smartphone
Changing your Discord server name on Android and iPhone is nearly identical to the PC steps. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to your Discord app on your phone.
- Select the Discord server you want to rename.
- Click on the three dots next to the server’s name.
- Select “Settings.”
- Tap on “Overview.”
- Under Server Name, type in the new name for your server.
- Save your changes.
Changing the Discord Server Name if You’re Not an Admin
If you’re just a member of a Discord server, you won’t be able to rename it. However, you can always message the admin privately or in a group chat that you’d like a name change.
How to Set Up a Discord Server on a PC
If you’re looking to create your own Discord server with a unique name, here are the steps:
- Go to Discord’s official website to access the platform or launch your app.
- On the left side, click on the plus button. You’ll see a couple of choices.
- Click on “Create My Own.”
- Choose between two options: club and community and you and your friends.
- Customize your server by adding a photo and a name.
How to Set Up a Discord Server on Smartphone
Setting up a Discord server on your iPhone or Android is almost identical to the set-up steps for a PC.
- Go to the Discord app on your phone.
- Select the plus button.
- Go to “Create server.”
- Choose between a server for the community or a personal one for your friends.
- Personalize the server avatar with a unique name and image.
What are some popular Discord server topics?
Generally, Discord server topics depend on the aim of your server. Some popular choices include Meme Channel, Announcement Channel, Rules and Guidelines Channel, Bot Channel, etc.
What is the difference between a Discord bot and a Discord user?
A Discord bot is a computer-controlled user, while a Discord user is a real person.
Do you have to pay to use Discord?
You won’t have to pay anything if your primary focus is communicating. However, some additional features, like sticker packets, have a price tag.
Give Your Discord Server a Unique Name
Discord is a popular communication platform that comes with various personalization features. One of them is the opportunity to change the name of your Discord server and make it unique for its participants. However, you can rename the server only if you’re the admin.
You can also create a private server by following a couple of steps.
Are you familiar with the steps of changing the Discord server name? Do you have a unique name for your server? Drop a comment down below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.