How To Find the Amazon Firestick IP Address
Knowing the exact IP address for your Firestick allows you to do all kinds of hacks. For example, apps like adbLink require the Firestick IP address to allow the sideloading of other apps.
Here’s the good news. You don’t need to scratch your head wondering about your Firestick IP address since all it takes is a simple 3-step process to find. In case you haven’t updated your Firestick, the older interface (v188.8.131.52) requires a slightly different method to look up the IP address.
Fear not. This write-up covers how to find the Firestick IP address for both software versions.
Firestick IP Address – Software Version 184.108.40.206 and Later
Navigating the latest Firestick user interface is a no-brainer so you should be able to look up the IP address in a matter of seconds. Take a look at the steps below:
- From the Home screen navigate to Settings and click Ok.
- Now, scroll over to My Fire TV and click on it.
- Next, click on About.
- Then, scroll down to the Network option and click on it. That’s all there is to it. You’ll see the IP address on the right side of the screen. Copy that down for entering into any application that requires the IP address.
Firestick IP Address – Software Version 220.127.116.11 and Earlier
You shouldn’t have any problems locating the Firestick IP address even if you’re using the older version of the user interface. The navigation and menus differ ever so slightly, but once again it is just a simple 3-step process. Here’s how to do it:
- Instead of scrolling right, scroll down from the home screen to get to the Settings menu. Once you’re there, scroll right to System and click it to access more options.
- Now, scroll down and click on the About option to get more information.
- Then, in the About menu, scroll down and click on the Network tab to find the Firestick IP address. It’s right there on the first line.
How to Hide the Firestick IP Address?
As hinted at the start of this write-up, the Firestick IP address is required if you want to use some cool third-party apps. But what if you’d rather hide the IP address on your Fire TV device?
There are a few benefits to hiding the IP address. First, it allows you to use a different server and avoid excessive Internet traffic, which may increase buffering. In addition, a hidden Firestick IP address thwarts any snooping ISPs from getting your information, especially if you are using Kodi.
What’s more, you’ll be able to access some of the geographically restricted content by spoofing your exact location. Either way, you’ll need to download and install a VPN service first. For an example, this tutorial is for ExpressVPN, but you can choose any other VPN service that works best for you.
Here are the steps that you should follow to hide the Firestick IP address:
- Go to the Express VPN website or app to register as a new user.
- Next, once the Firestick is on, access the Apps menu and click on Categories, then Utility to select the ExpressVPN app.
- Now, click on the Get button to download and install ExpressVPN. If the app does not appear in the Utility menu, you can use the search bar to find it on the Amazon Store.
- After installing the app, select Open and sign in with your username and password. After that, choose your preferred server and enjoy the benefits of hidden IP address.
- Once you have the VPN connection up and running, just click on the Home button of your Firestick remote and you are all set.
The Final Address
Locating the Firestick IP address is a pretty straightforward process regardless of what software version you are using. With the ability to use all sorts of third-party apps, this will make your Firestick way more versatile.
Now, we’d love to hear about your experience with apps that require you to input your Firestick IP address. So don’t hesitate to share your favorite apps in the comments section below.
This goes double for any insights about your favorite VPN service, especially if you’re using it from overseas. What have you been up to?