How to Find Friends in Telegram
Telegram has become one of the leading messaging apps over the past few years. Many users find it secure and convenient. Maybe you’ve been using the app for a while now but have never actually searched for friends. If you’re wondering how to do so, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’re going to cover questions such as adding and finding nearby friends or searching for your Telegram friends by username.
How to Find Friends on Telegram?
Navigating through Telegram’s search box is a pretty straightforward task. It involves a single search for finding friends, groups, messages, and basically all other content. Follow the steps below for exact instructions on how to find friends on Telegram:
Note: If your friend is on Telegram, their avatar and username will appear first in the search results. If, however, your friend is not on your contact list, you’ll have to find them in the “Global Search” results section. That list will show all users with corresponding usernames.
On Mobile Devices
- Launch telegram on your mobile device.
- Click on the search icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Type your friend’s name in the search box. You’ll see a few options for what content to look for: Chats, Links, Media, etc. But Telegram will show you all relevant results under the search box, without you having to choose one specifically.
- Launch Telegram on your desktop.
- Head over to the search box at the top of the screen and search for your friend’s name or username.
- If the person you’re searching for is not in your contacts list, Telegram will show you “Global Search” results. If this is the case, you should type very specific contact details. Otherwise, you’ll get irrelevant results, as you can see in the screenshot.
How to Find Friends on Telegram With a Bot?
Telegram has released a special bot called Telegram Friends you can use to find new friends for socializing and dating. Here’s how to get this bot:
- Go over to this page.
- Click on “Open in Telegram.”
- This will launch the bot on your app. Click “Start” to open the conversation.
- Follow the instructions given by the bot to start sending messages.
How to Find Nearby Friends on Telegram?
One of the recent Telegram features includes a “People Nearby” option. This feature lets you search for contacts who are located near your current location. Follow the steps below for instructions on how to do so:
- Launch Telegram on your mobile device.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the “Contacts” tab and open it.
- Tap on the “Find People Nearby” option.
- Select “Make Myself Visible” to enable the feature. This will show your profile to others in your surroundings.
- If prompted, accept the app permissions to have access to your location. You’ll have to agree to share your location for this feature to work.
You will now see a list of people located nearby, including their distance from you. You can search for friends on the list. Under the users’ list, you’ll see a list of active groups around your neighborhood. This is another good way of engaging with your community. You’re most likely to find your specific area or city community groups where people can share news or photos.
You can always tap on the “Stop Showing Me” option to stop sharing your location.
How to Add a Friend on Telegram by Using His Username?
Maybe you want to add a friend to your contacts list, but you don’t have their mobile phone number. That’s okay, as long as you have their username, you can easily find them and start exchanging messages. Just follow the steps below:
- Launch Telegram on your preferred device.
- Head over to the search box at the top of the screen and start typing your friend’s username.
- If you don’t have them as your contact, their account will appear under the “Global Search” results.
- Tap on their username or avatar to start a conversation.
- If they’re using a channel to communicate with others, tap on “Join” to enter the channel.
How to Add a Contact on iOS?
Adding contacts on any iOS device includes the same steps as for other devices. If you want to add a contact using your iPhone, simply launch Telegram on your phone and look for their name or username in the search box.
If, however, you want to add a contact formally, follow these steps:
- Tap on the three horizontal lines on your Telegram homepage.
- Head over to the “Contacts” section.
- Click on the blue contact icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a first and last name for your contact.
- Choose their country.
- Enter their phone number.
- Tap on the white checkmark in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to save your entry.
Here are some more Telegram-related questions to help you get the most out of this app.
How Do I Find a Group in Telegram?
Finding a Telegram group involves the same steps as finding friends. If you don’t have a link to join a specific group, but you know it’s out there, you can look for it in the search box. However, if you want to join random interesting groups, look u003ca rel=u0022noreferrer noopeneru0022 href=u0022https://tdirectory.me/u0022 target=u0022_blanku0022u003ehereu003c/au003e. You can search for thousands of public groups that match your interests.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eOnce you find a group you like, simply click on u0022Joinu0022 to become a member.u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-205452u0022 style=u0022width: 300pxu0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Join-Group.pngu0022 alt=u0022Join Groupu0022u003e
How Do I Find My Telegram Bot?
Finding Telegram bots involves the same steps as finding friends: going over to your search box. For example, if you’re using the Game Bot, you’ll find it by searching for [email protected] in the search box.u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-205453u0022 style=u0022width: 400pxu0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Telegram-Gamebot.pngu0022 alt=u0022Telegram Gamebotu0022u003e
Finding Friends on Telegram With Ease
Telegram is a great app for catching up with friends. What is great about it is that it lets you search for friends even if you don’t have their phone number. You can also use bots to help you find them, which is yet another great feature of this app. Hopefully, after reading this article, you can find friends, bots, and groups on Telegram with ease.
Which Telegram bots do you use? What things do you ask them to do for you? Share your experiences in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
Comments are closed.