How to Create a Poll in WhatsApp
If you’re a member of a WhatsApp group, you’ve probably been in a situation where you need to make a “democratic” decision that reflects the majority opinion of the group. It could be a vote on anything from who will lead the group for the next few months to the best financial investment for the group to even who to invite to be the guest speaker at the next meeting.
Whatever your goals are, a poll is a perfect way to gather feedback and make a decision that is agreeable to most of the group members.
Unlike most social media platforms, however, WhatsApp doesn’t offer a built-in polling service.
The good thing is that a host of third-party developers have bridged the gap and created tools that can help you run a quick poll on WhatsApp. Whether your device is running on Android, iOS, or Windows, your needs are covered.
In this article, we’re going to show you how these tools work. This will set you up nicely for informative polls that can help you make decisions more easily and transparently.
How to Create a Poll in a WhatsApp Group on the iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone, the following tools can help you create the perfect poll and gather feedback for decision making:
Ferendum is a free online poll maker perfect for creating quick polls to share in your WhatsApp group chat. It allows you to create a unique, fully customized survey with your own questions and up to 10 options to choose from.
Once you’re satisfied with how the question and the options are set up, you’re able to generate a link and share it in your group chat. To vote, all members have to do is click or tap the link. As an added bonus, neither the poll creator nor participants are required to create an account.
Here’s how to create a WhatsApp poll using Ferendum:
- Open Safari and visit the WhatsApp poll maker section on the official Ferendum website.
- Type the question you’d like to ask in your poll.
- Add a “Comment” to divulge more information about the poll. You could use this part to briefly explain how the poll works or create a call to action.
- Enter your name or email. If you don’t want to provide this information, you can conveniently skip this section.
- Add up to 10 custom options.
- At this point, you’re allowed to configure the vote as you see fit. For example, you can opt for anonymous voting or go with “Table of Votes” if you want every member’s details to appear alongside their vote.
- Accept Ferendum’s terms and conditions of use.
- Tap on “Create poll for WhatsApp.” This should open a new page where you’ll be able to copy a link that can then be pasted into the group chat.
For transparency, votes are automatically tallied as they arrive. After a member casts their vote, they’ll be able to see the poll’s results.
Chat2Desk is a bot that helps you create a poll right from within your WhatsApp account in four easy steps. You don’t need to visit external sites or install anything on your iPhone. Although the developer is based in Poland, you can use the bot from any part of the world, including the U.S.
Here’s how it works:
- Add the following number to your contacts and save it as “Free Polls”– +48 735 062 996.
- Open as new chat with “Free Polls” and send the word “Create.” This should automatically launch “Step 1,” where you need to enter your question.
- Type your custom question and hit “Send.”
- At this point, the bot will ask you to specify the number of options to include in your poll. Respond with any number between “2” and “10.”
- Now, type your options in quick succession. After each entry, the bot will ask you to “Send the next possible answer of your poll.”
- After entering all your options, specify whether you want participants to “vote for more than one answer.” To consent to this, type “Yes.” If you want participants to be restricted to just one option, respond with “No.”
After doing this, the bot will send you a link you can then share in your WhatsApp group. The link is accompanied by instructions on how to vote.
How to Create a Poll in a WhatsApp Group on an Android Device
Even though WhatsApp lacks a built-in polling service, several third-party tools can do the job in a safe, secure, and efficient fashion. One of the most popular options goes by the name Opinion Stage.
The Opinion Stage poll builder has been built from the ground up with tailor-made features that allow you to design your next poll, questionnaire, or interactive social media campaign without any technical knowledge.
It’s the perfect platform to harness the power of WhatsApp group chats. With this tool, you’re able to tap into members’ opinions, insights, and advice on how to handle important matters.
Here’s how you can create a WhatsApp poll using Opinion Stage:
- Open your browser and visit the official Opinion Stage website.
- Fill the poll creation form. You’ll be able to set the question and provide up to 10 options.
- When your poll is ready, open your dashboard and tap on “Embed & Share.”
- To share your poll directly on WhatsApp, tap on the WhatsApp icon at the bottom of your screen.
How to Create a Poll in a WhatsApp Group on a PC
Handy Polls is one of the easiest poll creation tools ever developed for use on a PC. All you have to do is visit the official webpage, enter your questions and options, and then generate a link.
You can then share the link in your WhatsApp group, at which point members will be redirected to a web page where they can cast their vote.
Use Polls to Make Informed Decisions
Even though social media polls may lack some of the rigor of real research design and data analysis, they do provide a cost-effective way for people to quantify their opinions on any given topic without having to commit too much time or effort.
Running a poll on WhatsApp is an excellent way to get everyone involved and nurture a team spirit. It sends the message that the group values transparency and decisions that take into account everyone’s views.
Have you tried to create a poll using any of the tools discussed in this article? How did it go?
Let us know in the comments section below.