How to Create a Poll in WhatsApp
Polls are an excellent way to get the opinions of others quickly. If you’re an avid WhatsApp user, you may want to use a poll to better understand your friends, coworkers, and group members. Unlike most social media platforms, however, WhatsApp doesn’t offer a built-in polling service.
The good thing is that a host of third-party developers have bridged the gap and created tools that can help you run a quick poll on WhatsApp. Whether your device is running on Android, iOS, or Windows, your needs are covered.
In this article, we will show you how these tools work. This will set you up nicely for informative polls to help you make decisions more quickly and transparently.
How to Create a Poll in a WhatsApp Group on the iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone, the following tools can help you create the perfect poll and gather feedback for decision-making:
Ferendum is a free online poll maker perfect for creating quick polls to share in your WhatsApp group chat. It allows you to create a unique, fully customized survey with your own questions and up to 10 answer options.
Once you’re satisfied with your poll, you can generate a link and share it in your group chat. To submit their votes, members can click on the link. As an added bonus, neither the poll creator nor the participants have to create an account.
Here’s how to create a WhatsApp poll using Ferendum:
- Open Safari and visit the WhatsApp poll maker section on the official Ferendum website.
- Type the question you’d like to ask in your poll.
- Add a comment to divulge more information about the poll. You could use this part to briefly explain how the poll works or create a call to action.
- Enter your name or email. If you don’t want to provide this information, you can conveniently skip this section.
- Add up to 10 custom options.
- At this point, you’re allowed to configure the vote as you see fit. For example, you can opt for Anonymous Poll or go with Table of Votes if you want every member’s details to appear alongside their vote.
- Accept Ferendum’s Terms and Conditions.
- Tap on Create poll for WhatsApp. This should open a new page where you’ll be able to copy a link that can then be pasted into the group chat.
- Tap Finish.
- Tap the option to copy the link.
- Go back to WhatsApp and tap on your group. Then, paste the link.
- Tap on the link in WhatsApp to go back to Ferendum. Here, you will see the results of your poll.
For transparency, votes are automatically tallied as they arrive. After a member casts their vote, they’ll be able to see the poll’s results.
Chat2Desk is a bot that helps you create a poll right from within your WhatsApp account in four easy steps. You don’t need to visit external sites or install anything on your iPhone. Although the developer is based in Poland, you can use the bot from any part of the world, including the U.S.
Here’s how it works:
- Add the following number to your contacts and save it as Free Polls. +48 735 062 996.
- Open a new chat with Free Polls and send the word Create. This should automatically launch Step 1, where you need to enter your question.
- Type your custom question and hit Send.
- At this point, the bot will ask you to specify the number of options to include in your poll. Respond with any number between 2 and 10.
- Now, type your options in quick succession. After each entry, the bot will ask you to Send the next possible answer of your poll.
- After entering all your options, specify whether you want participants to vote for more than one answer. To consent to this, type Yes. If you want participants to be restricted to just one option, respond with No.
After doing this, the bot will send you a link you can then share in your WhatsApp group. The link is accompanied by instructions on how to vote.
How to Create a Poll in a WhatsApp Group on an Android Device
Even though WhatsApp lacks a built-in polling service, several third-party tools can do the job in a safe, secure, and efficient fashion. One of the most popular options goes by the name Opinion Stage.
The Opinion Stage poll builder has been built from the ground up with tailor-made features that allow you to design your next poll, questionnaire, or interactive social media campaign without any technical knowledge.
It’s the perfect platform to harness the power of WhatsApp group chats. With this tool, you’re able to tap into members’ opinions, insights, and advice on how to handle important matters.
Here’s how you can create a WhatsApp poll using Opinion Stage:
- Open your browser and visit the official Opinion Stage website.
- Fill out the poll creation form. You’ll be able to set the question and provide up to 10 options.
- When your poll is ready, open your dashboard and tap on Embed & Share.
- To share your poll directly on WhatsApp, tap on the WhatsApp icon at the bottom of your screen.
How to Create a Poll in a WhatsApp Group on a PC
Handy Polls is one of the most straightforward poll creation tools ever developed for use on a PC.
- All you have to do is visit the official HandyPolls webpage, enter your questions and options, and then generate a link.
- You can then share the link in your WhatsApp group, at which point a web page will open where they can cast their vote.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some more answers to help you create and use polls on WhatsApp.
Does WhatsApp have a built-in polling option?
Unfortunately, no. You will need to use a third-party service such as those above to poll your WhatsApp friends.
Do I have to create an account to see the poll results?
In most cases, no. Ferendum, for example, doesn’t require anyone to input personal information or an email address. Everyone can see the poll results by tapping on the link. iOS and Android users can both use Ferendum to create and execute a WhatsApp poll.
Use Polls to Make Informed Decisions
Even though social media polls may lack some of the rigor of real research design and data analysis, they do provide a cost-effective way for people to quantify their opinions. Running a poll on WhatsApp is an excellent way to get everyone involved and nurture a team spirit. It sends the message that the group values transparency and decisions that take into account everyone’s views.
Have you tried to create a poll using any of the tools discussed in this article? How did it go?
Let us know in the comments section below.