How to Find Groups in Telegram
One of the reasons Telegram is beloved by so many users is because they can join public or private groups. There are countless Telegram groups available, and some of them contain hundreds of thousands of users.
You can join a Telegram group to keep up with a topic you’re interested in and post thoughts and updates. But how do you find all these fantastic Telegram groups? This article will explain how to find Telegram groups in different ways.
How to Find Telegram Groups using a PC
The easiest way to find groups in Telegram is to use the Windows, Mac, or Linux PC app on a desktop or laptop.
Join a Telegram Channel to Get a Group Invitation
The quickest way to find and join a Telegram group is by joining a Telegram channel to get an invitation. Perhaps a friend told you about a Telegram channel where people provide group invitations. Assuming that you’re using the desktop version of the Telegram app, here’s what you do:
- Launch the Telegram app on your desktop.
- Type the group name in the top-left corner and hit Enter.
- Under Global search results, you’ll see the list of all the channels that correspond with the name you’ve entered.
- Click on the channel you want and select Join Channel.
- You’ll see the number of subscribers at the top of the screen. Look for group invitation links. When you find the group link, click on it and select the Join Group option.
There is another way to find groups if you don’t want to search for group links in the Telegram channels. You can visit the Telegram group directory online and browse groups. Find the one that matches your interest, click on the group, and select Join Group.
How to Find Your Group in Telegram Using a PC
If you’re already a member of several Telegram groups, perhaps you want to create your own group and save your group’s ID. To do that, you first need to make your Telegram bot. Here’s how to find your Telegram group using Windows, Mac, or Linux.
- Open the Telegram app and type BotFather in the search box, which is the official Telegram bot.
- Select Start and follow the prompts on the screen to create your bot.
- Copy the HTTP API Token that appears.
After you save your token, create a new Telegram group, add your bot, and send at least one message to the group. Then go to this Telegram Chat ID page and enter your token to retrieve the “group ID.”
How to Find Telegram Groups on iPhone and Android
Even though Telegram for desktop is super useful, most people use the Telegram mobile app. If you’re using a smartphone, you can download the latest version of Telegram for Android or Telegram for iOS. Here’s how to find Telegram groups on mobile devices.
- Launch the Telegram app.
- Telegram for iPhone works the same way as the desktop version. Once you launch the app on your smartphone, you’ll see the search box on top of the screen, where you can search for channels.
- Type the group’s name or a general description of what you’re looking for in the search box.
- Tap on Join at the bottom of the page to become a member.
The top of the results list shows groups you have yet to join, while the lower portion shows activity in the groups you’ve already entered.
How to Find Telegram Engagement Groups
Engagement groups on Telegram are groups where Instagram users come together to help each other get more engagement on Instagram and other social media apps.
These groups exist on other platforms, but they are very active on Telegram. If you want to get more likes, comments, and shares on Instagram, you can join a Telegram Engagement Group and get tips on promoting others and getting more engagement on your account.
There are many ways to find Telegram engagement groups, but the best option is to look for them online and find the one that works for you.
How to Find All Telegram Groups
Countless Telegram groups are available, and users are continually creating new ones. It would be impossible to find them all. You can search for groups based on your interests via channels or browse for them online.
As a Telegram user, you can create up to 10 Telegram groups where you can add or remove other users. You can find the list of all your groups when you open Telegram on the home screen.
When you join Telegram for the first time, you might be confused about all the channels and groups. Soon, you’ll realize that there are so many different groups you can join. Some of them are called supergroups due to the number of people who have joined them.
It’s impossible to find them all, but it is easier to do if you know what you’re doing. There are many Apple users or Netflix fan groups on Telegram. You’ll likely be able to find a few that fit your interests as well.
Telegram Group Finding FAQs
What is a Telegram group versus a channel?
Telegram offers users the option to join groups or channels.
Channels are essentially chats that allow an unlimited number of users, participants can’t see other members, and there isn’t a lot of communication between users.
Groups are more exclusive, allowing only 200,000 members. Telegram Groups show you a list of members and let you interact with them.
It’s easy to tell the difference between the two based on the online status and member count (if there are more than 200,000, it’s a channel). If you see the number of participants at the top of the conversation, you’re in a Telegram group.
Channels are also a lot easier to find than Groups. Typically, the former gets found with a simple search. The latter, however, get found by word-of-mouth, on other platforms, or from within Telegram Channels.
How do I find nearby groups in Telegram?
You can use the “People Nearby” feature on Telegram to find local groups to join. Here’s how:
1. Open Telegram on your mobile device and then tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
2. From the menu on the left, select People Nearby.
3. If there are any local groups in your area, you’ll see them listed. Tap on the group to join.