How to Find Groups in Telegram
One of the reasons Telegram is beloved by so many of its users is that it allows access to public or private groups you can join. There are countless Telegram groups available, and some of them contain hundreds of thousands of users.
You can join a Telegram group to keep up with a topic you’re interested in and post thoughts and updates on the topic yourself. But how do you find all these awesome Telegram groups? In this article, we’ll explain how to find Telegram groups in different ways. And we’ll also address a few other relevant questions.
How to Find Groups in Telegram
The quickest way to find and join a Telegram group is by joining a Telegram channel to get an invitation. Perhaps a friend told you about a Telegram channel where people provide group invitations. Assuming that you’re using the desktop version of the Telegram app, here’s what you do:
- Launch the Telegram app on your desktop.
- In the top left corner, type in the name of the group and hit “Enter.”
- Under “Global search results,” you’ll see the list of all the channels that correspond with the name you’ve entered.
- Click on the channel you want and select “Join Channel.”
You’ll see the number of subscribers at the top of the screen. Look for group invitation links. When you find the group link, click on it, and then select the “Join Group” option.
If you don’t want to search for group links in the Telegram channels, there is another way to find groups. You can visit the Telegram group directory online and browse groups. Find the one that matches your interest, click on the group, and select “Join Group.”
How to Find Group IDs in Telegram
If you’re already a member of several Telegram groups, perhaps you want to create your own group and save your group’s ID. To do that, you first need to create your Telegram bot. Here’s how:
- Open Telegram, and in the search, box enter “BotFather,” which is the official Telegram bot.
- Select “Start” and follow the prompts on the screen to create your bot.
- Once you do, you’ll get the HTTP API Token which you should copy.
After you save your token, create a new Telegram group, add your bot to it, and send at least one message to the group. Then go to this page and enter your token to retrieve the group ID.
How to Find Group Links in Telegram
If you’re the Telegram group owner and want to share it with other people, you can send them the invitation link. This is how to send them the link to join:
- Open the Telegram group where you’re the administrator.
- Click on the name of the group at the top of the screen.
- Select “Add member,” and then “Invite to Group via Link.”
- Select “Copy Link” or “Share Link” depending on how you want to forward the link.
If you change your mind, you can select the “Revoke Link” option. This will disable the existing link, and everyone who has it won’t be able to join the group anymore.
If you need to copy the link to the group you’re in but don’t own, follow steps 1 and 2 and then long-press the “Invite Link” of the group to copy.
How to Find Telegram Groups on iPhone
Even though Telegram for desktop is super useful, most people use the Telegram mobile app. If you’re an iPhone user, you can download the latest version of the cloud-based chat app from the App Store.
Telegram for iPhone works the same way as the desktop version. Once you launch the app on your smartphone, you’ll see the search box on top of the screen, where you’ll be able to search for channels.
How to Find Telegram Groups on Android
Android users also have access to the Telegram chat app if they download it from Play Store. The Android version of the Telegram mobile app is identical to the iOS version.
So, everything that applies to the desktop and iPhone versions of the app goes for Android devices too. That includes searching the channels, adding members to your group, and creating bots.
How to Find Telegram Engagement Groups
Engagement groups on Telegram are groups where Instagram users come together to help each other get more engagement on Instagram and other social media apps.
These groups exist on other platforms as well, but they are very active on Telegram. If you want to get more likes, comments, and shares on Instagram, you can join a Telegram Engagement Group and get tips on how to promote others and get more engagement on your own account as well.
There are many ways to find Telegram engagement groups, but the best option is to look for them online and find the one that works for you.
How to Find All Telegram Groups
There are countless Telegram groups available, and users are continually creating new groups. It would be impossible to find them all. You can search groups based on your interest via channels or browse for them online.
As a Telegram user, you can create up to 10 Telegram groups where you can add or remove other users. You can find the list of all your groups when you open Telegram on the home screen.
1. How to Get a Telegram Message Link
If you only want to share a specific post from a Telegram group, you can get a message link by following these steps:
• Tap on the message you want to share and then hit the share arrow next to it.
• From the pop-up screen, select the Copy Link option. On desktop Telegram, select Copy Post Link.
• Share the post with another user or use another app to send it.
2. How Do I Find Nearby Groups in Telegram?
You can use the “People Nearby” feature on Telegram to find local groups to join. Here’s how:
• Open Telegram on your mobile device and then tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
• From the menu on the left, select “People Nearby.”
• If there are any local groups in your area, you’ll see them listed. Tap on the group to join.
Navigating Through Telegram Groups
When you join Telegram for the first time, you might be a bit confused about all the channels and groups. Soon, you’ll realize that there are so many different groups you can join. Some of them are called supergroups due to the number of people who have joined them.
It’s going to be impossible to find them all, but if you know what you’re looking for, that makes it easier. There are many Apple users or Netflix fan groups on Telegram, for example. You’ll likely be able to find a few that fit into your interests as well.
Which groups would you join on Telegram? Let us know in the comments section below.