How to Play Apple Music on Any Device
One thing that makes Apple Music stand out is its seamless integration with a range of devices. With Apple Music, you can stream the latest hits, tune into internet radio, or even play personally curated playlists for hours on end.
In this guide, we are going to explain how to connect and play Apple Music on a wide range of devices.
What Is Apple Music?
Apple Music is a hugely popular music streaming service offered by Apple. It was launched in 2015 and has since become a force to reckon with in the music streaming industry. It enables anyone with an Apple device to play over 60 million tracks at the touch of a button. In addition, you can:
- Stream millions of ad-free music videos;
- Select and download up to 100,000 songs to your personal library;
- Tune in to thousands of internet radio stations;
- Stream concerts, shows, and exclusive events;
- Listen even when offline, and;
- Share your account with up to six people.
You can organize an Apple library by genre, artists, or album. In fact, you can create a music queue and listen to the songs you love most without any interruptions. What’s more, the service enables you to create your own profile, which you can share with family and friends.
How to Play Apple Music
To play Apple Music, you need to subscribe to one of the packages on offer. After that, you’ll be able to create a personal music library by selecting the music and music videos you want from Apple’s catalog. Here’s how to add music to a library if you’re using an iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac, PC, or Android device.
- Download and open the Apple Music app.
- Scroll through Apple’s catalog in search of the music you want.
- To add an item to a library, tap the “Add” button next to it. Alternately, tap and long-press a file and then select “Add to Library” from the pop-up menu.
- To play a specific song in your library, simply tap on “Play.”
Once you’ve downloaded music or added it to an Apple Music library, you can pair an Apple device with a range of third-party audio devices for a better listening experience.
How to Play Apple Music on Alexa
Amazon and Apple may be archrivals in the tech industry, but when it comes to music, the two companies have ensured that they are compatible. All this is possible thanks to Alexa, a smart speaker developed by Amazon. To play Apple Music on Alexa, you need to pair your Apple device and Alexa via Bluetooth.
For illustration, we’re going to assume that your Apple device is an iPhone. Here’s what to do.
- Switch on Bluetooth on your device and place it in proximity to Alexa.
- Give Alexa the command, “Alexa, connect to my iPhone.” If you use a different personalized name for your device, use it instead.
- Alexa is programmed to pair with your device automatically. When this is done, Alexa will play a chime, and then confirm the connection by saying something like, “Connection with iPhone established.”
- Open the Apple Music app, select a file, and tap “Play.”
Just like that, the selected song should start playing on Alexa. You can control volume via any of the two devices.
How to Play an Apple Music Playlist on Alexa or an Echo
To play a specific playlist on Alexa, here are the steps to follow:
- Switch on Bluetooth on your device and place it close to Alexa.
- Give Alexa the command, “Alexa, connect to my iPhone.”
- Alexa will pair with your device automatically and play a chime when a connection is established.
- Give Alexa the command, “Alexa, play [name of playlist].” Alternatively, you can simply tap your preferred playlist on your Apple device. Alexa should then play it automatically.
How to Play Apple Music on Google Home
Your Google Home speaker can play music stored on your Apple device. To do so:
- Pair your mobile device and Google Home. To do this, open the Google Home app and tap the plus sign in the upper left-hand corner, then ‘tap Set up device’ and follow the steps to pair your Google Home.
- Switch on Bluetooth on your device and place it in proximity to Google Home.
- After a few moments, Google Home should be visible on the list of “Available Devices” on your mobile device. Tap “Google Home” to pair.
- Tap the “Play” button on the mobile device to play any song you want.
How to Play Apple Music on Google Home Mini
Google Home Mini presents a competitive alternative to Amazon’s Alexa. Although significantly smaller than Google Home, Google Home Mini offers good sound quality and integrates with your Apple mobile device quite seamlessly. To play Apple Music on Google Home Mini:
- Pair your mobile device and Google Home Mini. To do this, open the Google Home app, tap “Devices” in the top right corner, tap “Settings,” select “Paired Bluetooth Devices” and tap “Enable Pairing Mode.”
- Switch on Bluetooth on your device and place it in proximity to Google Home Mini.
- After a few moments, Google Home Mini should be visible on the list of “Available Devices” on your mobile device. Tap “Google Home” to pair.
- Open your Apple Music library, select a song, and tap “Play.”
How to Play Apple Music on Roku
You can also play Apple Music on Roku set-top boxes, but there’s a catch. Apple Music files come in M4P format which is not supported by Roku. As such, you must first convert Apple Music files into MP3s to play them on Roku.
The good thing is that it’s easy to convert Apple Music files into MP3 format. You simply need to download and install the Apple Music Converter on your Apple device and use it to convert the files you want to play on Roku. After that, you can stream Apple MP3 files through the Roku Media Player Channel.
How to Play Apple Music on Peloton
Peloton workout bikes come with built-in speakers that you could use to play Apple Music. To do so,
- Open the Apple Music app and sign in.
- Tap a song to play. A red heart will appear next to the song.
- Tap the red heart to add the song to your personal playlist.
To see all the Apple Music items you’ve liked on your bike, simply visit your profile page, and tap “Music.”
How to Play Apple Music on PS4
Listening to your favorite tunes while gaming can be a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, PS4 doesn’t support the Apple Music service. Be that as it may, you can still play your favorite tunes on PS4 after converting your files to PS4-supported formats like MP3. To do so,
- Download the songs you want to play on your Apple Music account.
- Use a third-party Apple Music converter to convert your songs into one of the supported formats.
- Transfer your songs to your console via a USB Drive.
How to Play Apple Music on Xbox One
To play Apple Music on Xbox One, first establish a connection between your Apple device and Xbox One. To do this, set up AirServer on Xbox One, and then set up AirServer Connect on an Apple device.
After setting up a connection between devices:
- Open your Apple Music library and choose a song to play.
- Tap the Airplay icon on the Apple device. The icon is made up of three rings and an upward-facing arrow.
- Tap “Xbox One” to establish a connection. At this point, the Xbox One should start playing the song selected.
How to Play Apple Music on Sonos
Sonos wireless speakers can be just what you need to get the most out of Apple Music. To play songs on Sonos, simply follow these steps:
- Download and install the Sonos app on your Apple device.
- Open the Sonos app.
- In the bottom right corner, tap “Settings.”
- Choose “Services and Voice.”
- From the resulting menu, select “Add Music Services.”
- Select “Apple Music.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your Apple Music account.
Once you have signed in successfully, the “Apple Music” tab should appear when the Sonos app is reopened.
How to Play Apple Music on Echo Dot
Apple Music seamlessly integrates with Echo Dot to give an unforgettable listening experience. To play Apple Music on Echo Dot, here’s what to do.
- Open the Alexa app.
- In the lower right corner, tap the “More” button.
- Tap “Settings” and tap on “Music and Podcasts” under the Alexa Preferences heading.
- Select “Link New Service.”
- Select “Apple Music.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to Apple Music. At this point, you can command Echo Dot to play specific songs or albums.
How Do You Use Apple Music Library?
After subscribing to Apple Music, your library serves as a central location where all the items you’ve bought or downloaded are stored. Your library can hold up to 100,000 songs.
How Do You Play Music on an iPhone?
On the home screen of your iPhone, tap “Music.” Then select either a playlist, artist, or album to see the specific songs. To play a song, tap the “Play” button next to it.
How Do You Listen to Apple Music?
To listen to Apple Music, simply download the Apple Music app and install it on your device.
What Is the Best Way to Use Apple Music?
To get the most out of Apple Music,
• Download songs for offline listening.
• Rate songs to help Apple Music’s algorithms to learn your taste of music.
How Does Apple Music Work?
To play Apple Music, you need to subscribe to one of the packages on offer. After that, you’ll be able to create your own music library by selecting the tracks and music videos you want from Apple’s vast catalog.
Does Alexa Support Apple Music?
Yes. Alexa is built to integrate with Apple Music in just a few clicks.
Enjoy Apple Music on Multiple Devices
Apple Music has revolutionized music streaming by ensuring you can listen to all the songs you love using most of today’s popular audio devices. And thanks to this guide, you can jump right in and enjoy your favorite tracks. What device are you using to play Apple Music? Have you experienced any connection challenges with your device? Let’s engage in the comments.