How to Make a Wishlist in the Amazon App
An online wishlist is a way to store products or services you would like to purchase in the future. My Lists is one of the best features on Amazon, and it was initially called Amazon Wishlist.
The lists provide an easy reference to items you want. Products get added at the click of a button. Use it to remind yourself of future purchases or share it with others. Sharing is great for registries and birthdays. Here’s more about the functionality and how to make the most out of it using the Amazon app.
How to Create a Wish List
Before adding the items to your wishlist, you first need to create one. To do this, complete the following steps:
- Download and install the Amazon app for iOS/Android or check for updates, and then open the app.
- On the Home page, tap the three-line icon and select “Your Lists“ from the menu.
- Click on “View lists” towards the top-right section.
- Select “Create a List” towards the top-right section. Create a name for your new Amazon Wish List and tap “Create List.”
How to Add Items to “My Lists” (Amazon Wishlists)
Once the wishlist creation steps above are complete, you can add items to the list while browsing products or shopping.
- On the item page, scroll down and tap “ADD TO LIST.”
- Choose which list you want or create a new one.
- If an “invite others” popup displays, choose the option or tap the close icon, which is the big “X” icon.
- The item is now saved to your chosen wishlist and shared with others if you allowed that option.
You can also delete old lists when viewing them through the instructions above. This extra step ensures better organization, less clutter, and less confusion when working with Amazon Lists.
How to Manage Amazon Wishlists
Now that you’ve created and added items to your Amazon list, it’s time to learn how to moderate your list. You can change the privacy, remove outdated lists, and more.
How to Manage Wishlist Privacy
One of the great things about Amazon wishlists is that you can share them with the world, close friends, or keep them private. Here’s how to manage your Wishlists’ privacy:
- Navigate to the list in question using the same steps as above. Then, tap on the three horizontal dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Next, tap on Manage List.
- Tap Privacy to access the dropdown menu.
- Select Public, Shared, or Private.
- Tap on Save Changes in the upper right-hand corner after completing the steps.
Here’s a brief summary of what each option does:
- Public – A Public list let’s anyone and everyone view the items you’d like to purchase. If you have a Baby Registry, Wedding Registry, or you’re a social media influencer with fans who like to send your gifts, this is the way to go.
- Shared – The Shared list is perfect for people who have a small group of select friends and family who want to buy you things on your list. You can use the Share link to make the list viewable to other people.
- Private – A Private list is viewable only to you (and those who have access to your Amazon account).
Controlling your lists’ privacy is a great tool for all Amazon users.
How to Manage Your Shipping Address
Perhaps you’ve created a list and moved, or you need to have the items sent somewhere other than your account’s default address. Fortunately, it’s easy to manage the shipping address on the Amazon app. Here’s how:
- View your list, tap on the three horizontal dots, and select Manage List just as we did above.
- Scroll down the page and locate the Shipping Address heading. Just under that is a dropdown menu. Tap it.
- Select one of the addresses on the list, or select Create New to add a new address.
- If you’ve chosen to add a new address, input the address and save it. Then, check that it is highlighted before proceeding.
How to Delete an Amazon List
Last but not least, we will show you how to delete a list from your Amazon account. If you have old or outdated lists on your Amazon account, follow these steps to delete them:
- Following the same steps as above, access the Manage page of the list you’re working with.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on Delete List.
- Confirm that you’d like to delete the list by tapping Yes in the pop-up window.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some more answers to your questions about Amazon Wishlists.
How do I share my wishlist?
Amazon’s list feature goes beyond keeping track of things you want or need. You can also share the lists with other people. When you share a list with another person, they can choose to purchase items and have them shipped directly to the address you’ve set using the instructions above.
To share your Amazon list with another person, do this:
1. Navigate to the list you’d like to share. Then, tap on the + Invite option in the upper left-hand corner.
2. Tap on View Only to share the list without allowing edits. Or, View and Edit to let others make changes to your list.
3. Tap on one of the available options in the pop-up window. You can copy the link and share it anywhere or use one of the pre-selected options to send a text or email quickly.
Fortunately, you can share a private list with select users.