How to Change Hair Color in Picsart
Hair dye is transformative and can completely change a person’s look. This, however, can also make the whole experience of coloring your locks a bit intimidating, especially for those who never changed it before.
Thankfully, there’s an easy solution to satisfying your hair-coloring curiosity. The safest way to test a new look before heading to the salon is to try it virtually.
Whether you plan on changing your hair color or are just curious about different styles, you’ve come to the right spot. This article will provide detailed steps on how to change hair color virtually using Picsart photo/video editing software across devices. After mastering the steps below, testing out new hair colors will become a breeze – and painless.
So, pick your color and your style, and let’s get the virtual hair salon party started.
How to Change Hair Color in Picsart on the Android App
It’s no secret that the Picsart app is best optimized for mobile devices. By installing it on your phone or tablet, you’ll have access to hundreds of photo-editing features, including one that can change your hair color on a photo.
Follow the steps below to change hair color in Picsart on your Android phone:
- Download the Picsart app from the Play Store.
- Log in or register with a new account.
- Tap on the white cross in a purple circle in the middle of the bottom menu.
- Select a photo you want to edit from the “Photos” section. If you can’t find the image right away, tap on the “All photos” button to select a photo from your phone’s Gallery.
- A new interface will pop up with your photo in the center. Tap on the “Retouch” tool from the toolbar menu. If you use an older app version, this tool will be called “Beautify.” Either way, it’s the icon with a woman’s head and a sparkle on her hair.
- Scroll to the right-hand of the Beautify toolbar and tap on the “Hair Color” icon.
- The interface will now change, and you’ll see all available shades and colors you can apply to change your hair color on the image. Pick a hue or color you like by simply tapping on it.
- The app will automatically detect the hair area of the photo, so there’s no need for you to select the hair manually.
- Make adjustments to the shade. You can edit the size, opacity, and hardness of the brush. Here’s what each tool does:
- Size – Increases or decreases the brush size
- Opacity – Adjusts the brush or shade transparency
- Hardness – Adjusts the brush edges, making it harder or softer
- Erase the mistakes by using the eraser tool.
- Apply the changes to the image by tapping on the checkmark in the upper right-hand of the screen.
- Tap on the arrow pointing to the right in the upper right-hand to share or save the picture. You can also tap on the share icon and the photo will automatically be saved to your phone’s Gallery.
How to Change Hair Color in Picsart on the iPhone App
If you’ve wanted to try that edgy, bright hairstyle for a while now but never dared to actually do it, nothing can stop you now. All it takes is getting the Picsart app up and running on your iPhone, and you can test the new looks all you want.
Just follow the steps below:
- Open the Picsart app and log in or download the Picsart app from the App Store and register with a new account.
- Start a new project by tapping on the purple circle with a white cross in the bottom menu.
- Select a photo from the “Photos” section or tap on “All photos” to select one from your iPhone gallery.
- The photo will appear in a new interface. Tap on the “Retouch” tool from the toolbar menu. Note that this tool may still appear as “Beautify” in some versions. Either way, it’s the icon with a woman’s head and a sparkle on her hair.
- Scroll to the right in the Beautify toolbar and select the “Hair Color” icon.
- You’ll see shades and colors to apply to your image’s hair. Just find a shade you like and tap on it.
- The app automatically detects the hair area, so you don’t have to do so manually. Make adjustments by editing the size, opacity, and hardness of the brush. Here are the tools at your disposal:
- Size – Increase or decrease the brush size
- Opacity – Adjust the brush or shade transparency
- Hardness – Adjust the brush edges to make them softer or harder
- Use the eraser tool to erase mistakes.
- Tap on the “Apply” in the upper right-hand of the screen to apply the changes.
- Save the image by tapping on the arrow that points to the right or select the share icon.
How to Change Hair Color in Picsart in Windows
Picsart mobile app comes with a variety of features the desktop version doesn’t offer, with the hair color change feature being one of them. If you try to access this tool from the desktop version, the website will prompt you to download their mobile app.
- Go to www.picsart.com and log into your account. If you don’t have an account, click on the “Sign up” button in the upper right-hand of the screen. Choose to sign up with your Google or Facebook account or enter an email address and password. The process takes a few seconds, and creating an account is free of charge.
- Hover over the “Products” tab on the main menu and click on “See all” under the “Photo Editor” section.
- Find and open the “Hair Color Changer” tool. It should be the first one on the list.
- Click on the “Change Hair Color” button.
- A new pop-up window will open with three QR codes you can scan to install the app on your iPhone, Android, or Microsoft phone.
If you’re a Mac user, you can download the Picsart app from the App Store and follow the same instructions as provided in the “How to Change Hair Color in Picsart on the iPhone App” section. For Windows users, the Microsoft Store app still doesn’t have the “Change hair color” feature integrated as of this writing. Unfortunately, the Play Store version of the app still isn’t available on Windows.
Change Your Hair Color in Layers – Android and iPhone
As if changing your hair color shade wasn’t cool enough, Picsart also lets you add shades for a more stylish look. Although a bit more complicated to achieve, the result can be highly satisfying, whether you’re simply playing around or seriously trying for a new look.
Follow the steps below to change your hair color in layers on Picsart:
- Launch the Picsart app on your phone.
- Start a new project by tapping on the white plus sign icon in the middle of the main menu.
- Select an image from your Gallery you wish to work on.
- Find the “Cut-out” option on the menu and tap on the icon to select your hair.
- Trace the hair outline by using the tool. You can adjust the tracing tip size by clicking on the white arrow in the corner of the “Outline” icon and bringing up the size slider. Try to be accurate when selecting the hair surface, however, it’s not necessary to select every stray hair.
- Once you finish selecting, tap on the arrow on the top right-hand, then tap “Next.”
- Save the photo to your phone.
- Start a new hair project with the original photo edited in the previous steps.
- Scroll to the right of the bottom menu and tap on “Add photo.”
- Add the cut-out photo you just created.
- The cut-out will be on a transparent background. All you need to do is resize or reposition the image to align it with the hair on the original photo. Adjust all sides to make the cut-out the same size as the one under it.
- Finally, it’s time to change the hair color. Scroll to the right of the bottom menu and tap on the “Adjust” option.
- Tap on “Hue” and adjust to the tone you wish.
- Tap “Apply.”
- You can further adjust the looks by playing with saturation, resizing, lightening, or blending. You can find all these tools in the bottom menu.
- Save your photo or share it with your friends by tapping “Next.” Note that the “Next” button may be replaced with an arrow pointing to the right in some app versions.
Style Up Your Hair With Picsart
Thanks to Picsart, you don’t have to commit to a new risky hair color in salons anymore. Feel safe knowing you can determine whether your desired hair color fits you well by testing it on the app first. Picsart is truly an excellent app for trying out different hairstyles, even the ones that come in layers. Hopefully, this article has answered all your questions regarding how to change hair color in Picsart.
Which hair color do you like to experiment with the most? Did the Picsart app help you finally decide on a new look? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.