How to Fix Error Code 267 in Roblox
If you’re an avid Roblox gamer, you may have already encountered occasional errors on the platform. Yet, error code 267 can easily rank as the most frustrating. It denies you access to a game and can even kick you out mid-game, even when all other Roblox systems and games are up and running correctly. While there are varying reasons for this error ranging from suspicious activity to poor internet connectivity issues, this error code can affect every Roblox user.
Thankfully, there are tried and tested solutions that can help you fix the error. In this article, you will learn reliable fixes you can apply to eliminate the error code 267 in Roblox.
Error Code 267 Troubleshooting Options
Code 267 means you’ve been booted out of the game due to an admin script. The actual cause behind the error can vary.
If the code comes with a message that you were banned and states how long the ban lasts, you can simply wait out the ban (if that seems achievable). Otherwise, try one of the fixes below.
Check the Roblox Server Status
Roblox server failure can sometimes cause an error 267 on Roblox for all its users, and is one of the few cases that doesn’t have a real fix. You can check the Official Roblox Website Maintenance Page to confirm whether there’s an issue with the server. If all the fields are tagged operational, you can explore other solutions. But when some critical server operations aren’t functioning correctly, you’ll have to wait until Roblox resolves the issue.
This method will help you determine whether the problem originates from the server or results from external issues.
Reset Your Network Connection
A faulty internet connection can result in error code 267. Double-checking your internet connection can solve the issue. The error is more frequent for gamers who use Wi-Fi. Using Ethernet cables for your PC is advised if you want a more reliable (and often faster) internet connection. If you’re on mobile, make sure that there are no obstacles like walls and doors between you and the router.
You can also reset your network, which can solve some odd quirks in network availability. Here’s how you can reset your internet connection on Windows:
- Open “Settings.”
- Select “Network & Internet.”
- Navigate to “Network reset” and click on the option.
- Click the “Reset now” button under “Network reset.”
Select the Right Browser and Keep It Updated
While many browsers support Roblox, Google Chrome works best due to its stringent security protocols, user-friendly interface, and many other impressive features. Constantly updating your browser can also keep your Roblox running. Here’s how you can update your Chrome browser:
- Launch your Chrome browser.
- Click on the “More” option depicted by dots in the top right corner of your browser.
- Select “Help” from the drop-down menu.
- Go to “About Google Chrome.”
- Click “Update Google Chrome” or “Relaunch,” depending on your Chrome version.
The update will be installed as soon as you restart your browser.
Disable Your Antivirus and Ad-blockers
- Launch the browser.
- Select the “More” function symbolized by the three vertical dots on the URL bar.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Choose “Privacy & Security.”
- Locate the “Site Settings.”
- Choose Additional Content Settings.’
- Go to “Ads.”
- Locate the “Block ads on sites that show intrusive or misleading ads” option and disable it.
Outdated Roblox cache files can interfere with network connections and might cause the error. Deleting cache files will ensure that the app downloads new files and, in the process, erase any cache files that may be corrupt. Here’s how you can erase your cache files in Chrome:
- Launch your browser.
- Navigate to the top right of your browser window and click on the three dots to expand.
- Select “More tools.”
- Choose “Clear browsing data.”
- Select “All time” under the “Time Range” field.
- Mark the boxes next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.”
- Click on “Clear data.”
Disable VPNs and Proxies
Because the error 267 frequently comes from internet connectivity issues, disabling your VPN or proxy can ensure seamless internet accessibility for Roblox. Follow the steps below to disable your VPN on Windows successfully:
- Open “Settings.”
- Go to “Network & Internet.”
- Navigate the left side pane and choose “VPN.”
- Choose the VPN connection you want to disable.
- Select “Disconnect” and “Remove”.
Wait It Out
In some instances, Roblox will highlight your ban duration on the error code 267 notification. If this happens, it’s best to try rejoining the server again when the ban passes. Ensure that when the time lapses and you want to join the Roblox experience again, you avoid doing anything that may compromise your access to the game.
If you think you’ve been banned unfairly, contact Roblox support.
Elevate Your Roblox Experience
Roblox is one of the best sandbox games in the world. What’s even better is that it’s free to play. Unfortunately, errors may arise as you navigate the different games. The error code 267 can be particularly nasty, but these troubleshooting options will help you get back to enjoying the assortment of Roblox games on the website in no time.
Which troubleshooting option has helped you resolve the error code 267? Do you know any other solutions that can help? Let us know in the comments section below.