How To Stop Redirects in Chrome
Redirects and pop-ups are probably one of the most frustrating aspects of surfing the internet. Just when you’re trying to access one website, you’re automatically rerouted to another one. That website often contains annoying ads, loud music, or auto-plays videos you’re almost never interested in. Fortunately, there’s a way to stop this.
If you’re interested in learning how to stop redirects in Chrome, you’ve come to the right place. This article will explain different methods of disabling redirects in the browser.
Stop Redirects in Chrome
If you’re tired of seeing pop-ups or being redirected to websites you most likely don’t want to visit, we’ve got the solution. We’ll explain how to stop redirects on your computer and mobile devices.
Stop Redirects Chrome on a PC
Since a while ago, Chrome blocks redirects and pop-ups automatically. If you’ve noticed they are showing up, you may have enabled them by accident, or your Chrome is experiencing a glitch. Here’s how to stop redirects in Chrome on your PC:
- Launch Chrome and press the three dots at the top-right corner.
- Select “Settings.”
- Press “Security and Privacy” in the left menu.
- Choose “Site Settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Pop-ups and redirects.”
- Ensure “Don’t allow sites to send pop-ups or use directs” is selected.
Stop Redirects Chrome on an Android
The Google Chrome app is available on the Play Store, and it’s one of the most popular browser apps. If you’d like to surf the internet on your Android without being interrupted by redirects and pop-ups, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Google Chrome app on your Android device.
- Tap the three dots at the top-right corner.
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Advanced” and press “Site settings.”
- Tap “Pop-ups and redirects.”
- Switch the toggle button off.
Stop Redirects Chrome on an iPhone
iPhone users can enjoy the Google Chrome app that can be downloaded from the App Store. If your enjoyment is constantly being interrupted by annoying pop-ups and redirects, follow the instructions below to turn them off:
- Launch the Google Chrome app and press the three dots at the top-right corner.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Press “Content settings.”
- Select “Blok Pop-ups.”
- Turn on “Block Pop-ups.”
Stop Redirects Chrome on an iPad
If you’re using an iPad for accessing Google Chrome, there’s no reason to put up with redirects and pop-ups if you find them distracting or unnecessary. Follow the steps below to stop redirects and pop-ups in Chrome on your iPad:
- Open the Google Chrome app and select the three dots at the top-right corner.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “Content settings.”
- Tap “Block Pop-ups.”
- Enable “Block Pop-ups.”
Not all redirects and pop-ups are “bad.” In some cases, you may stumble across a legitimate website that uses such tools. Fortunately, Chrome enables you to make exceptions and allow pop-ups and redirects for a specific website. We’ll show you how to enable them using your computer or mobile device.
How to Allow Pop-Ups and Redirects for a Specific Website on a PC
If you’re using a computer and want to enable pop-ups and redirects to a specific website on your Chrome, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch Chrome and go to the website where pop-ups are blocked.
- Press “Pop-up blocked” in the address bar.
- Select the pop-up you wish to open.
- Choose “Always allow pop-ups and redirects from (website).”
- Select “Done.”
How to Allow Pop-Ups and Redirects for a Specific Website on an Android
Many people use the Google Chrome app for Androids to surf the internet. If you’re often visiting a website that redirects you to other websites you want to see, you’ll be happy to know you can customize Chrome settings. Pop-ups and redirects for other websites can remain disabled, and you can allow them only for a specific website. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open the Google Chrome app and visit the page where pop-ups are blocked.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap “Always show.”
How to Allow Pop-Ups and Redirects for a Specific Website on an iPhone
iPhone users can customize their Chrome settings and enable pop-ups and redirects only for specific websites. If you want to do this, follow the instructions below:
- Launch the Google Chrome app and go to the website for which you want to enable pop-ups.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Always show” under “Pop-ups blocked.”
How to Allow Pop-Ups and Redirects for a Specific Website on an iPad
Here’s how iPad users can allow pop-ups and redirects only for certain websites on Google Chrome:
- Open the Google Chrome app and visit the website for which you want to allow pop-ups and redirects.
- At the bottom, find “Pop-ups blocked” and press “Always show.”
Enjoy Uninterrupted Surfing
Redirects and pop-ups can often be very “persistent” and distract us while we’re surfing the internet using Google Chrome. Fortunately, they can be disabled in only a few steps, regardless of the platform you’re using. Google Chrome even enables you to choose the websites for which you want to see pop-ups and redirects. Customizing your Google Chrome user experience takes only a few minutes and can mean a lot, especially for those who don’t like to be interrupted when surfing.
What option do you use for redirects and pop-ups? Do you have the same settings on your computer and mobile phone? Tell us in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.