How to Cancel Hulu on Your Roku
When you own a popular streaming device such as Roku, you can lose track of all your subscriptions. Sometimes, certain services offer free trials that automatically turn to monthly subscriptions if you’re not careful enough.
Even if something like that happens, and you’re left with an unwanted service, you should know how to cancel your subscription. This article will explain different methods of canceling your Hulu subscription on a Roku device.
If You’re Subscribed from Roku
If you’ve linked a payment gateway to your Roku account you can purchase channels and streaming services directly through the device. This allows you to manage and pay all your subscriptions from one place – your Roku player or a Roku TV.
Even if you’re unsure whether your Hulu subscription is charged through your Roku, you’ll know after you try this method out. You can unsubscribe in two ways – from your Roku player or from your online Roku account (using your web browser). Let’s cover both methods.
Cancel Hulu from a Roku Streaming Device
If you want to unsubscribe from Hulu with a Roku device, you can do it both from the channel list and the Channel Store. Follow these steps for both methods:
- Hit the “Home” button on the Roku remote to access the Home screen.
- Go to the “Channel Store” menu.
- Select “Streaming Channels.”
Alternatively, you can navigate the channel list to the right side of the screen using your remote’s arrow buttons.
- Highlight the Hulu channel.
- Press the “*” (asterisk) button on your Roku remote.
- Select “Manage subscription” to view additional options and subscription information.
- Go to “Cancel subscription.”
Confirm that you want to unsubscribe from the channel. You’ll be prompted whether you’d like to keep the channel until subscription ends or remove it right away. Since Hulu will charge you the full subscription price either way, you can keep the channel until it’s due.
Cancel Hulu Online Using Your Roku Account
If you prefer managing your subscriptions online, you can do so from Roku’s official web page. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your web browser (on your computer, tablet, smartphone) and go to the official Roku account page.
- Enter your Roku credentials.
- Press the “Sign in” button.
- Hover with the cursor over the “Welcome [your name]” tab at the top of the screen. A dropdown menu should appear.
- Select “Manage your subscriptions.”
A new page will open, displaying all the channels that you’re subscribed to directly through Roku. You can see the subscription type (price and time period), status (active or inactive), and when it will expire.
- Locate your Hulu subscription.
- Click the “Unsubscribe” button on the right side of the Hulu icon.
Note: If you can’t find the Hulu subscription, you’re probably not subscribed through Roku. Instead, you’ll need to cancel your Hulu subscription directly via Hulu. Proceed to the next section.
Cancel Subscription Directly from Hulu
If you’ve subscribed to Hulu directly, you need to access your account on the official Hulu web page. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your browser and go to the Hulu account page.
- Sign into your account with your Hulu credentials (or via Facebook Login).
- Hover with your mouse over your profile icon at the top-right of the Hulu Home page.
- Select “Account.”
- Find “Cancel Your Subscription” under the “Your Subscription” section.
- Click the “Cancel” button next to it.
Hulu will then offer you to pause the subscription, instead of canceling it. If you opt for this, you’ll still be able to access your account and you won’t be charged until you resume the subscription. This is a viable option if you’re still in two minds about canceling the service. If you want to subscribe permanently, proceed.
- Select the “Continue to cancel” button at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Pick a reason for your cancelation and press the same button again.
If you see a “We’ll miss ya, [your name]…” window next, just select “Go to Account.” This means that your account is canceled and that your Hulu subscription will stop. You won’t be able to access the account from your Roku either.
Different Payment Methods – Different Cancelation
As you see, your payment method affects the way that you can cancel your subscription. However, there’s no difference in subscription fee or period. The only upside of subscribing via Roku player is that all your subscriptions can be charged together, keeping them neat and organized.
On the other hand, some users prefer their subscriptions charged separately. That’s especially convenient if you didn’t want to give any payment information to Roku. Regardless of your choice – cancelation is easy.
Do you subscribe directly from Roku to all your streaming channels? Why? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
3 thoughts on “How to Cancel Hulu on Your Roku”
Comments are closed.