How to Share a Design with You Team in Canva
When working on Canva, you can create a team of members to work on related projects to supercharge collaboration and enhance project completion. You can share your design with your team members and let them share their input regarding the progress you have made.
Sharing designs on Canva is not complicated since it only takes a few minutes. This article will offer steps to share with your team and create a collaborative environment that produces results.
Sharing Canva Design with a Team as a Template
Sharing your Canva design as a template with all your team members is advantageous since everybody gets the same version. However, all the individual changes they make to the template are saved locally and do not affect the original design of the account. Here is how to share a design as a template in Canva.
- Open your design in Canva.
- Double-check your design to evaluate whether it meets your requirements.
- Click the “Share” button located on the main menu bar above the editor.
- Specify how you want to share the design with your team (view only link, share link to watch, and template link).
- Click on “Template Link.”
There are three different options on how you can share your Canva design. There is the view-only link, template link, and share link to watch. Let’s check them out!
- View-only Link: The recipient will only see a slideshow preview of the design. This only applies when you want to showcase a prototype part of your design project in Canva.
- Share Link to Watch: It allows the recipient to look at your project as a movie, and they cannot make any edits to it.
- Template Link: This option allows your team members to edit the template pages based on what fits them without changing the design on your end.
The team members will be notified that you shared the design as a template. They will simply click “Use Template” to open the template and make their preferred changes.
Sharing Canva Design to Collaborate on
There are instances where you want to collaborate with other team members while working on a given project. When you choose to collaborate with other team members, all the changes that every team member makes are seen in real time.
There are different sharing techniques that you can use to get this done. They include:
Sharing via Link
Sharing your Canva design with a team via a link is the best method for sharing the project over a direct message or text. This method lets you share the project using the Copy Link button from the main menu.
To share a Canva design via a link;
- Open the design you intend to share on Canva.
- From the menu bar located above the editor, click “Share.”
- Choose the team members you want to share the design with.
- Choose the permission you want to give your team members, such as comment, edit, share, or view.
- Click on “Copy Link.”
There are several parameters you can use to share the link:
- Only You Can Access: This option only allows you to access the project.
- Anyone With the Link: This option works when you want to send the link to anyone who needs to access the project. It can also be used to showcase your Canva project to people on social media or any other platform. Also, you can use it when you want to send the project to someone outside your team to edit it.
- Only “Your Names” Team: This limits access to only the people who are on your team. This means that when the link is shared with someone outside your team, they cannot access the project unless granted access.
When you want to share the link with your team members, ensure that you update access before copying the link.
Sharing via Email
You can share your Canva design with your team members via email. Check out the steps below to share your Canva design via email.
- Open the design you want to share on Canva.
- Click “Share” from the menu bar.
- Enter the email addresses of the team members with whom you want to share the design.
- Select the permissions (edit, comment, or view) from the drop-down menu based on your requirements.
- Click the “Send” button.
Share a Folder
Even though this option is different from the rest, it’s more reliable for productivity purposes. You can decide to share your design with a team in a folder format to ensure that every element that each team member requires is in one place.
To do this,
- Open your Canva design.
- Click on ” Projects ” on the home page.
- Select the “Folders” button to open a new window.
- Hover the cursor on the folder you want to share and click “More.”
- Tap on “Share.”
- Click on the slashed eye icon located alongside the team name
- On the drop-down menu, choose the permission you want to give your team members
- Enter the names of your team members then click “Share folder”.
To create a new folder,
- On the Canva home page, click on “Projects.”
- Click “Folder” and then “Add New.”
- Rename the folder on the prompt menu provided.
Note that sharing your Canva design in a folder is only done among team members. You cannot share a folder with somebody outside your team. If you want to share the folder with somebody outside the team, start by inviting them into the team before sharing the folder.
In addition, you can add restrictions on how you want your team members to interact with the content inside the folder. There are different options under this category that you can implement. They include:
- Edit: This option permits team members to edit the content in the folder. They can also add new elements to the design.
- Can Edit and Share: This gives team members the ability to edit the content in the folder, add new elements, and share it.
- Not Shared: This restriction ensures that you cannot share the folder with anybody else. It’s only you who can use it.
- Can View: As the name suggests, your team members can only view the content in the folder. They cannot introduce any new elements into it.
Share Your Canva Projects with Team Members Today
Sharing projects in Canva with your team members is pretty simple using the steps above. Provided you have a team on Canva, you can easily collaborate when working on projects and share ideas. This can ensure the overall quality of the final design and has input from all key members of the design team.
Have you ever shared a Canva design with a team? Which procedure did you use? Let us know in the comments section.