How to Check if Someone Added You on Discord
Social networks and direct messaging applications such as Discord help to connect likeminded people. With over 100 million active users each month, the app has given people across the world the opportunity to connect over shared interests online.
As the app rises in popularity, it’s important to know how to use it. So, just how do you check to see if someone has added you? If you don’t know the answer to this, you’re in luck.
In this article, we will be explaining how to check if somebody has added you on Discord, no matter your device. Plus, we’ll be answering some frequently asked questions.
How to Check if Someone Added You on Discord on a PC
While Discord is a chat app, it is mainly aimed at video game players. This is primarily because it lets teams communicate while simultaneously coordinating their play strategy online. For this reason, many people who use the app tend to be using a PC.
If you’re new to Discord, you’ll be pleased to discover that it’s easy to check if someone has added you to their friends list. Here’s how to check on your PC:
- Open the Discord app on your PC.
- In the upper left corner, select “Home.”
- At the top of your screen, you’ll notice a “Friends” section.
- From the list of options, click on “Pending.”
- You will then be able to see all incoming friend requests.
- To accept a request, select the “Accept” option next to their names. If you wish to ignore a request, choose the “Ignore” option.
How to Check if Someone Added You on Discord on an iPhone
Since Discord had evolved to include non-gamers as well, many people started using the app on their smartphones. If you fall into this category, then you may find yourself wondering how to check for any new friend requests. Lucky for you, we have the answers.
Before anything, you will first need to have the Discord app downloaded. This can be found in Apple’s app store for free. Once the app has successfully been installed, here’s how to check if you’ve received any friend requests from your iPhone:
- Open the Discord app from your homepage.
- If you haven’t already, log into your account using your credentials.
- If you have received a friend request, there will be a red notification located in the “Friends” tab.
- Tap the icon with the notification.
- You will be able to see your pending requests.
- To accept, select the green tick. To decline a request, hit the red cross. Both icons are located next to the name of the person sending the request.
How to Check if Someone Added You on Discord on an Android
Android users will be happy to discover they can use Discord from the comfort of their smartphones. First, they will need to make sure the app is downloaded. It can be found easily from the Google Play Store (or whichever app store you prefer). Once this is complete, simply follow these steps in order to check any friend requests:
- Open the Discord app and log in, if you haven’t already.
- From the homepage, select the icon of the person with their hand up. This is located in the bottom left-hand corner.
- On the following page, you will be able to see any pending friend requests.
- To accept, select the green tick next to the name of the person adding you. If you wish to decline the request, tap the red cross instead.
How do you know if someone has accepted your friend request on Discord?
If someone has accepted your friend request, their name will automatically appear on your friends list.
How do I view my friends list on Discord?
To see your friends list, simply click on the Discord icon at the top of the screen. From the main menu, navigate your way to the “Friends” icon, which is next to your servers list. From there, you will be able to see your full friends list.
Despite being intended exclusively for gamers, Discord has grown into an app that helps people stay connected in general. As we move into an era of virtual meetings, Discord has helped bridge the gap between social interaction and virtual communication. The app offers its users a space online where they can discuss specific topics with likeminded people.
With its rise in popularity, it’s important to know how to navigate your way around the app. This includes being equipped with the knowledge of how to see if any friend requests have been sent.
We hope that this article has helped you get a better idea of how to check if someone has added you on Discord.
Have you used Discord? If so, did you know how to check your friend requests? How did you find the process? Let us know more in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.