How to Set the Homepage in Chrome on a PC or Smartphone
Whenever your press the house icon in Chrome, you’ll see the Google search box. This isn’t surprising since Google allows you to run a quick search and gather information in the blink of an eye. However, you might want to switch your homepage to a location you use frequently – your email inbox, YouTube, or favorite social network.
Learning how to set the homepage in Chrome allows you to customize your browser and adjust it to your preferences. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of customizing your homepage across different platforms.
How to Set the Default Homepage in Chrome on a PC
As mentioned, the Google search bar will be the first thing you see when you open Chrome. If you’d like to change this and you’re using a PC, follow the steps below:
- Open Chrome.
- Press the three dots at the top-right corner.
- Press “Settings.”
- Select the “Appearance” tab from the menu on the left side.
- If the home button is disabled, switch the toggle next to “Show home button.” You’ll see the house icon appearing on the left of the address bar.
- Press the circle next to “Enter custom web address” to choose what page appears when you tap the house icon.
- Copy the link to the preferred homepage and insert it in the address window.
All done. From now on, whenever you press the house icon, the page you chose will appear in Chrome.
Is it Possible to Set the Homepage in Chrome on an iPhone
Unfortunately, if you’re using Chrome on your iPhone, you won’t be able to set your homepage. You can only do it if you’re using a computer or an Android device.
Since Safari is the default browser for iPhones, we recommend setting the homepage within that browser.
How to Set the Homepage in Chrome on an Android Device
By tapping the home icon in Chrome on your Android device, you’ll be transferred to the Google homepage. If you want to change this, you’ll be happy to know you can do it in just a few steps. Follow the steps below:
- Open Chrome on your device.
- Go to the page that you want to use as the homepage and copy the URL.
- Tap the three dots at the top-right corner.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Scroll down to the “Advanced” tab.
- Tap “Homepage.”
- Paste the link to the preferred page.
Whenever you click the house icon on the left of the address bar, you’ll be redirected to the page you added in the settings.
Is it Possible to Set the Homepage in Chrome on an iPad
Setting the homepage in Chrome on an iPad isn’t possible. Unfortunately, you can only do it if you have a PC or an Android device.
How to Change the Chrome Homepage for All Users on a PC
You can change the Chrome homepage for all users on your PC. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Go to Computer > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Google Chrome > Default Settings > Home Page.
- Find “Use New Tab as Homepage” and enable it.
- Go to the new tab page.
- Enable “Configure the New Tab Page URL” and enter the URL to the page of your preference.
Home(page) Is Where the Heart Is
Although the default homepage is Google, Chrome lets you customize it and set any other page instead. Learning how to set the homepage in Chrome allows you to access your favorite website with just one click. The option is available for PC and Android users, but unfortunately, you can’t use it if you have an Apple iPhone or iPad.
Have you ever changed your homepage in any other browser? What is your homepage in Chrome now? Tell us in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.