How To Convert YouTube Videos to MP3
If you listen to a lot of music online, you might want to convert YouTube videos to MP3. This option gives you the freedom to listen to your favorite music offline. As an added bonus, you won’t have to search for the video on YouTube, it’ll already be saved to your device. Sometimes videos are removed from YouTube, so saving your favorites to MP3 is a smart choice.
To accomplish this, you’ll have to use an online converter. The process is simple and there’s plenty to choose from. We’ve listed some of our favorites along with easy-to-follow instructions. Take a look at each of them to see which best suits your needs.
How To Convert YouTube Videos to MP3 for Free
One of the easiest ways to convert YouTube videos to MP3 is with OVC, or “Online Video Converter.” Using this method doesn’t involve messy and time-consuming downloads, and the best part is that their service is 100% free! This fast and free service doesn’t require an account and is done directly on their website. It converts a YouTube video to MP3 in under a minute.
To use their service, follow the steps below:
- Find the video you want to convert to MP3 on YouTube and click and select the entire URL address on the top of the screen. On PC, hold down “Control+C” to copy the link. Mac users, hold down “Command+C.”
- Go to the OVC website.
- Using the window at the very top of the screen, paste the link. For PC, hold “Control+V.” For Mac, hold “Command+V.”
- Using the drop-down box located just below where you pasted the link, select “MP3.”
- Click the “Start” button.
- Once the process is complete, you’ll see a thumbnail for the video you converted.
- Next, click the “Download” button. The MP3 file is now saved on your computer.
A fantastic and free online converter is “GetMP3.” This online converter is quick and straightforward and doesn’t involve downloading anything, nor does it require any type of registration or creation of an account. All you need is the link from the YouTube video.
To use “GetMPS,” simply follow the steps below:
- Open the video on YouTube that you’d like to convert to MP3 and click and copy the entire URL address on the top of the screen. If using a PC, hold down “Control+C.” For Mac users, hold down “Command+C”
- Go to the GetMP3 website.
- Paste the link in the window at the top of the screen. For PC, hold down “Control+V.” Mac users, “Command+V.”
- You will now see the thumbnail for the video you selected.
- Using the drop-down menu located under the window where you pasted the YouTube link, you can select the audio quality.
- Next, click “Download.”
- Once the file has converted, click “Download MP3.” The MP3 has now been saved to your computer.
Here’s another popular and easy-to-use online YouTube to MP3 service. There’s no registration, no downloads involved, and in no time at all it converts your favorite YouTube video to a convenient MP3 format and saves it directly to your computer.
To use y2mate, simply follow the steps below:
- Locate the video you want to convert on YouTube and click and copy its URL address located on the top of the screen. If using a PC, hold down “Control+C.” Mac users, hold down “Command+C.”
- Go to the 2ymate website.
- Next, paste the link into the window at the top of the screen. If using a PC, hold down “Control+V.” Mac users should hold down “Command+V.”
- Click on the “MP3” tab located below where you pasted the link and click “Download.”
- A new browser window will open. Click on the 3 dots to download the MP3 to your computer.
Another great site to convert your YouTube video to MP3 is X2Download. This online service is fast and straightforward. It doesn’t involve downloading any special software, there’s no registration required, and within minutes your favorite YouTube video will be saved on your computer in MP3 format. The only thing you need is the URL address of the video you’d like to convert. Using X2Download is safe and secure.
To use their service, follow the steps below:
- Find the YouTube video you want to convert and click and copy the URL address located at the top of the screen. PC users can do this by holding down “Control+C.” For Mac, hold down “Command+C.”
- Go to the X2Download website.
- Paste the link into the window at the top of the screen. PC users can hold down “Control+V.” For Mac, simply hold down “Command+V.”
- Next, click “Get Video Link.”
- You’ll now see a thumbnail for the YouTube video. To the right of the thumbnail, using the drop-down menu, select “MP3.”
- Click “Get Link” and then “Download.”
- A download window will appear where you can select where you’d like the MP3 to be saved on your computer. Click “Save.” The MP3 is now saved on your computer.
If you want to convert your favorite YouTube video to MP3, but want greater control of the audio quality, ToMP3.cc is a good choice. Not only is this service free and doesn’t require a download or opening an account, but you also have a wide selection in choosing the audio quality. This added feature is nice if you have a more discerning ear and you’re a bit picky with the quality of your MP3s. To use ToMP3 to convert a YouTube video to MP3, follow the steps outlined below:
- Locate the YouTube video you’d like to convert and click and copy the URL address which can be found at the top of the screen. PC users can hold down “Control+C,” while Mac users hold down “Command+C.”
- Go to the ToMP3.cc website.
- Paste the copied link into the window at the top of the screen. For PC users, hold down “Control+V.” Mac users, hold down “Command+V.”
- Click “Start.”
- To the right of the YouTube video’s thumbnail, choose the quality you’d like for the MP3 by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click the “Convert” button.
- When the conversion is completed, click the “Download” button.
- A download window will appear. You can choose the desired download location on your computer and click “Save.” The MP3 is now saved on your computer.
This is a hotly debated topic that goes back to Napster days, if you are old enough to remember that peer-to-peer file sharing service, which was popular in the early 2000s. It is perfectly legal to convert and download your own videos and also videos listed as “public domain” and “non-copyrighted.” For all other videos, you’ll need the owner’s permission.
Are there any differences between using a free online converter versus paying for one?
A free YouTube to MP3 converter will suit most users’ needs. They do the job with minimal effort and don’t require a lot of technical knowledge or time. If you want more control over the overall audio quality of your music, then purchasing an MP3 converter will give you many more options. Also, some paid converters allow the user to convert multiple videos simultaneously using a batch function.
It should be noted that some of the free online MP3 converters could be glitchy. As the saying goes, “you get what you pay for.” They might run slow, depending on network traffic, so this is also something to consider. In contrast, paid converters rarely run slow and give you many more options.
You Can Easily Convert YouTube Videos to MP3 for Offline Listening for Free!
Converting your favorite YouTube videos to MP3 for offline use is a very simple process. Simply select one of the online services we listed in this article, follow the steps, and within a few minutes, you’ll have the MP3 safely saved on your computer. Never again will you have to search on YouTube to find that video you want to listen to now. All you’ll need to do is go to its saved location on your computer.
Have you used any of the websites listed in this article? Was the downloading process as simple as outlined here? Let us know in the comments section below.