How To Create a Potion of Invisibility in Minecraft
Finding yourself short on weapons or without an escape route can definitely turn your encounters with Minecraft mobs into a pickle. Luckily, Minecraft potions can solve those problems.
A single Potion of Invisibility can make you disappear from view for three to eight minutes, depending on how you make it. It’s a great way to sneak by most hostile mobs and evade deadly combat. Keep on reading if you want to know how to create Potions of Invisibility.
Guide to Potion of Invisibility in Minecraft
A Potion of Invisibility does exactly what it says on the tin. In its pure form, drinking the Potion makes you invisible. There are also splash versions of the potion that allow it to be used on other things, and it can be used to tip an arrow to make the target invisible (not recommended for use on hostiles).
However, you need to be careful. Being invisible is not the same as being undetectable. Some mobs ignore vision when tracking hostile entities, bypassing the invisibility buff. Some elements like your armor, weapons, and arrows stuck inside you, remain visible and lower the potion’s effect. Most mobs will also detect you if you’re near them, regardless of whether you’re visible or not.
Minecraft Potion of Invisibility Recipe
The basic recipe for a Potion of Invisibility requires:
- Potion of Night Vision
- Fermented Spider Eye
- Brewing Stand and Blaze Powder (for brewing)
However, these are advanced items, meaning that you’ll have to craft or brew them one way or the other. Here’s a breakdown.
Minecraft – Brewing Stand and Blaze Powder
To make a Brewing Stand in Minecraft, follow these steps:
- Interact (right-click) with the Crafting Table to bring up the advanced crafting menu.
- Put three Cobblestone Blocks in the bottom line of the grid.
- Insert the Blaze Rod in the center of the grid.
- Click on the resulting Brewing Stand on the right to obtain it.
Blaze Rods can only be obtained from mobs found in the Nether, particularly the Blaze. If you want to start making Potions of Invisibility, you need to create a Nether Portal and kit yourself out for advanced combat.
Additionally, each Blaze Rod breaks down into two Blaze Powders, which is used to fuel the Brewing Stand among other things. This can be done in the regular crafting menu by placing a single Rod as the ingredient.
Minecraft – Potion of Night Vision
The Potion of Night Vision is considered the base version of the potion, whereas Invisibility is obtained by “corrupting” it.
For a Potion of Night Vision, you’ll need:
- Awkward Potion (Nether Wart and Water Bottle)
- Golden Carrot
Nether Warts are common plants (mushrooms) found in the Nether and can be mined, while Golden Carrots can be created by gilding a Carrot or trading with Farmer villagers.
Apart from these, you’ll need a Brewing Stand and Blaze Powder (covered above).
The first part of creating every potion is brewing an Awkward Potion, which is the base for almost all non-mundane potions.
To make Awkward Potions, go through this step-by-step guide:
- Place and interact with your Brewing Stand to open the brewing menu.
- Put Blaze Powder into the fuel slot of the menu (top left).
- Put a Water Bottle in any of the three bottom slots. You can put three Water Bottles at once to use up one reagent fully.
- Put a Nether Wart in the top slot.
- Let the Brewing Stand work. This yields Awkward Potions (one for each Water Bottle used).
After this, you just need two more steps, without leaving the brewing slot:
- Place a Golden Carrot as the reagent (top slot).
- Insert more Blaze Powder if needed.
- After letting the Brewing Stand cook, collect your Potion(s) of Night Vision.
Minecraft – Fermented Spider Eye
Fermented Spider Eyes are crafted from Sugar, Brown Mushroom, and Spider Eyes.
Sugar is created from Sugar Cane farming or beekeeping, Mushrooms need to be foraged (and grow in dark or dim areas), and Spider Eyes are loot from killing Spiders.
You can use any row of the advanced (3×3) crafting grid, so long as the Sugar, Brown Mushroom, and Spider Eye are on the same row, in that order.
How to Create Potion of Invisibility in Minecraft
Now, with all the ingredients stored in your inventory, let’s make the potion by following the next procedure:
- Open the brewing menu in the Brewing Table.
- Put more fuel if needed on the left.
- Fill the 3 lower holders with Potion of Night Vision bottles, one in each holder/cubicle.
- Put the Fermented Spider Eye in the top holder and wait a few seconds.
- Your Potion of Night Vision is now Potion of Invisibility.
- Optional – Put a Redstone Dust as the reagent on the top slot to extend the duration of the Potion(s) from three to eight minutes.
You can drink the potion from the bottle whenever you find yourself in a need-to-run situation by right-clicking while holding it.
Like other potions, a Potion of Invisibility can be turned into its splash version by using Gunpowder as the brewing reagent on a crafted Potion. This lets you throw the potion and affect everything it hits with the effect, or tip Arrows in it to make the effect projectile-targeted with a Bow.
Now You Don’t See Me
Evading mobs is an ability that will always come in handy. We hope this article lets you enhance your Minecraft gaming skills.
What is your most successful use of the Potion of Invisibility? Let us know in the comments below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.