How to Make Google Your Homepage
While some of us hate to admit it, Google is the magnum opus of all search engines. It is arguably the best and most intelligent search engine around, with the added benefit of being really simple to use. What’s especially frustrating is when other search engines like Bing are set as the homepage by default.
If you’re getting tired of typing out google.com every time you want to search for something, it might be a good idea to learn how to make Google your homepage. Thankfully, it’s a very easy process to make Google your browser’s landing point. No matter what internet browser you’re using, we’ve outlined here how to make Google your homepage.
How to Make Google Your Homepage on Google Chrome
- At the top right of the browser, click on the More menu and select Settings.
- Within the side menu, click on Appearance.
- Click the Show Home button to enable it.
- Then, select Enter custom web address and type “www.google.com” and click OK.
- Close and reopen Google Chrome to see the new homepage.
How to Make Google Your Homepage on Microsoft Edge
- At the top of the browser, click the Settings and more menu, and select Settings.
- Within the side menu, click on Start, home, and new tabs.
- Under When Edge Starts, click on the ellipsis and select Edit.
- Type in “www.google.com” and click Save.
- Then, to make things easier, click the Home button toggle switch to enable it.
- Then select the URL textbox and type “www.google.com” and click Save.
- Close and reopen Microsoft Edge to see the new homepage.
How to Make Google Your Homepage on Mozilla Firefox
- Within Firefox, click on the Open Application Menu icon.
- Then, locate and click on Settings.
- Within the Settings page, click on Home in the side menu.
- Click on the dropdown menu under New Windows and Tabs and select Custom URL.
- Then, type in “www.google.com” and hit Enter.
- Restart Firefox and you’re good to go.
How to Make Google Your Homepage on Safari
- At the top of the browser, select Preferences and then General.
- In the Homepage textbox, type “www.google.com” and hit Enter.
Android is the only mobile device that lets you set your own homepage using the in-built browser, but there are other ways around it on iOS and Windows Phone which will do as sufficient workarounds. Here’s how to make Google your homepage on mobile devices.
How to Make Google Your Homepage on Android
- Open the Browser app and select Menu > Settings > General > Set Home Page.
- Type in “www.google.com“.
How to Make Google Your Homepage on iOS
You can’t make Google your homepage on iOS, but there is a workaround.
- Navigate to google.com on the Safari app.
- Tap the share icon at the bottom of the page.
- Tap Add to Home Screen, which will add a Google icon to your homepage.
Setting Your Homepage
Having to constantly navigate to Google is a hassle, after all, the web is at your fingertips there. Now that you know how to make Google your homepage, it’s time to search the web to your heart’s content.