How to download and play Fortnite on Android
It’s taken its sweet time, but now you can enjoy going toe-to-toe in the world’s most popular battle royale game while on the move with your Android device.
Interestingly, Fortnite Battle Royale developer Epic Games decided it was best to stay away from the Google Play Store. Instead, it’s distributing Fortnite via a custom installer downloaded from its website. That may sound like a complicated method, but it’s actually really rather simple.
For quite a while Fortnite on Android wasn’t available to anyone other than Samsung Galaxy Note 9 users. Now though, you can head over to the Fortnite website and download Fortnite for Android and play on your phone of choice – as long as it’s compatible.
READ NEXT: The best android games in 2018
How to download Fortnite on Android:
Here’s how you can go about installing Fortnite on Android:
- Only download the installer from a trusted source, such as the Samsung app store or the Fortnite website. Sites offering up APK downloads are almost certainly going to be distributing dodgy software.
- If you have a compatible device, namely anything Samsung or what’s listed on the Fortnite site, you’ll be able to download the launcher from the above sources with no issue.
- Once you’ve got the installer onto your phone, it’s really a simple process of opening the installer and following instructions. You’ll be asked to trust installation from third-party sources, and then Fortnite will download to your device with little to no issues.
- Once completed, you can boot up Fortnite on Android and let it download the required updates. Then you can sign into your account and start playing.
- Don’t remove the Fortnite installer as it’s responsible for updating the game with new patches going forward.