Instagram Reels Cover Templates
Instagram Reel covers can give your account that unified aesthetic that elevates you from a creator to a brand. If you need help figuring out where to start with an Instagram Reel cover, don’t worry. Fortunately, there are a lot of websites out there with ready-made, customizable templates. If you are feeling creative, you can also create your own Reel template.
This article will help you find some of the best ready-made templates out there for your Instagram Reels. Also covered are the steps you need to take if you want to create your own cover should you feel some creative spark bubbling inside.
Ready-Made Template Covers
Ready-made cover templates might be the go-to choice for some users.
Why? It comes down to technical details.
If you want to make a Reel cover yourself, you need the time and knowledge to work with programs like Canva or Adobe Express. And besides, you might want to concentrate your efforts on other activities like content creation or content strategy planning.
Either way, choosing a template reduces the time, stress, and burden of making a cover yourself.
Let’s start by reviewing some awesome ready-made Instagram reel cover templates!
Wepik is a website that offers a wide range of ready-made templates. It specializes at high-quality vector graphics for social media content such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitch. Most importantly, Wepik’s templates are free to use and alter after you make an account. You can customize templates by adjusting things such as colors, color palettes, text inserts, photos, and vector graphic shapes. However, you can’t upload your own elements to add to the template inside the editor.
You can use these Instagram Reel cover templates to tell a story, promote your product or service, or creatively express yourself.
VistaCreate is another good source to check out if you are looking for Instagram Reel templates. It is an online graphic design platform with hundreds of Instagram Reel cover designs. To start there, sign up with an account. Then, you are ready to choose the design of your choice. After downloading the template, you can add the photos and text for your Instagram Reel Cover.
If you are a small business owner looking for Reel templates to boost your brand identity, Hootsuite may be the right choice. Hootsuite doesn’t have a template library, so you can’t browse through images. Instead, you fill out the information in the form. Afterward, a template is shared based on the information you provide. If you like the template, download it via Canva and tinker with it to get the best results.
Creating Your Own Custom Template
If the ready-made template option isn’t right for you, don’t worry. You can create your own template with some easy-to-use vector graphics or editing programs. Two of the best options are Canva or Adobe Express.
When creating your own Instagram Reel, there are some helpful tips you might want to keep in mind:
- The cover photo should represent the content of your Reel.
- Use high-quality images and video.
- Use colors and fonts to make the photo pop.
- Always use a legible font.
- Avoid using ‘noisy’ graphics or too much text.
How to Create a Simple Reel Cover Template with Canva
To start with Canva, you must begin with a blank template with the dimensions 1080 x 1920. Then, follow these steps:
- Click on “Elements.”
- Search for “Square.”
- Drag the square onto the canvas.
- Center the square.
- Add text and images to the square.
- Then, go to “Background” from the main menu.
- Choose the color that matches the brand or image.
- Add design elements, e.g., stickers, and graphics.
- When you are done, click on “Download.”
- Add the image to the Reel as the “Cover Image.”
You can make your own Instagram Reel cover templates by following and expanding on these simple steps.
If you want to get started with other programs like Adobe Express, check out the guide in the provided link.
Benefits of Instagram Reel Cover Templates
Whether you decide to use a template or make one yourself, an Instagram Reels cover template conveys several benefits. Among these include:
- Reel covers help users find the content they are most likely to be interested in viewing.
- Your Reels will be set apart in hashtag fields.
- Reel covers build strong brands by creating a brand identity. When someone sees the content, they are far more likely to recognize the brand it derives from.
- Reel covers keep viewers engaged, help them understand what to expect from your video, and spark curiosity and interest.
- Reel covers are versatile. Covers may be used to engage followers, attract customers, users, or likes, or tell stories. In a nutshell, Instagram Reel covers are essential to successful marketing efforts, whether for individuals or businesses.
- The creative design of Reel covers generates also helps to create excitement while calling for action (“sign up!” or “buy now!”).
The benefits listed above make a compelling case to start using Instagram Reel covers today, whether you decide to use a template or create your own.
Can I change my Reel cover after posting?
Yes, you can update your Reel cover if you want. All you have to do is navigate to the Reel, click “…” to edit, and select “Cover.” You will be prompted to upload a cover image or choose an existing one.
Are Reel covers required?
Yes, Reel covers are necessary. If you don’t have a Reel cover, Instagram will select a random thumbnail from your video. If you want the best results, don’t leave it to chance. Instead, choose your template cover and customize it or design it. Doing so gives you a lot more control over your content’s appearance.
Why did my Reel cover disappear?
Instagram may have decided to remove it. You may have included images that are deemed NSFW, or you may have included copyrighted material. You must upload a new cover if the Reel cover has been removed.
Reel in Views with Instagram Reel Covers
This article has guided you through the steps you need to take if you are looking for an Instagram Reels cover. There are templates readily available for you to download at Wepix, VistaCreate, and HootSuite. But if you’re feeling creative, try making your own with programs like Canva.
Given the benefits and goals these templates can achieve in terms of both branding and marketing, trying one of the two out will undoubtedly pay off.
Have you tried any templates, or do you prefer to make your own? Please share your experience in the comments section below.